Ghosts

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Ghosts

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2021-10-07

Cast: Rose McIver, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Richie Moriarty, Rebecca Wisocky, Brandon Scott Jones, Asher Grodman, Sheila Carrasco, Devan Long, Danielle Pinnock, Román Zaragoza

Overview: Samantha and Jay throw caution to the wind when they convert their recently inherited country estate into a bed-and-breakfast. Call it mislaid plans. Not only is the place falling apart, but it’s also inhabited by spirits of previous residents -- whom only Samantha can see and hear.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Coulda swore we had a thread on this. Is anyone else watching it? I like it. I just found out it's a copy of a british show which is also pretty good.

Here's a link to the brit version.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watch it, its alright. Some chuckles every once in awhile. They kinda went the Office route where the first season was basically an exact copy and then started doing their own thing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Coulda swore we had a thread on this. Is anyone else watching it? I like it. I just found out it's a copy of a british show which is also pretty good.

Here's a link to the brit version.

literally never heard of it

I watch it, its alright. Some chuckles every once in awhile. They kinda went the Office route where the first season was basically an exact copy and then started doing their own thing.

You mean, they made an exact copy that was somehow massively inferior to the original and then started doing their own thing by continuing to make an inferior version?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You mean, they made an exact copy that was somehow massively inferior to the original and then started doing their own thing by continuing to make an inferior version?
You seem confused. The inferior british Office actually came first. In this case, the American Ghosts is also better, but only slightly.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You seem confused. The inferior british Office actually came first. In this case, the American Ghosts is also better, but only slightly.

PXL_20221027_212158501.jpg

I'm literally watching the superior UK VERSION now because of this thread

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
inferior/superior must be like political parties and the meanings are swapped when you cross the pond.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
inferior/superior must be like political parties and the meanings are swapped when you cross the pond.

It's like political correctness/woke. Except, woke came after political correctness and is more extreme. US Office came after UK Office and is less funny. It's a total pile of duck shit

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I assume we're saying the same thing. Separated by a common language and all that jazz.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure you're not surprised when I go middle of the road once again, and say both sides have good and bad points.

UK has a superior intro and better version of the oblig fat black lady, but goddamn the husband is just awful.

US has had a lot less 'boring' episodes overall. Both are worth watching IMO, just know there is a lot of reused stuff in season 1.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm sure you're not surprised when I go middle of the road once again, and say both sides have good and bad points.

UK has a superior intro and better version of the oblig fat black lady, but goddamn the husband is just awful.

US has had a lot less 'boring' episodes overall. Both are worth watching IMO, just know there is a lot of reused stuff in season 1.

I like the US Diversity Hire ghost better. She's not annoying and has a better back story. I like thorfinn better than robin too, but now that I've seen robin I wish thorfinn was more like him.

Better in US version:
Husband is way better
Diversity ghost
thorfinn
matriarch
boy scout. The only thing the UK scout has going for him is his accent.
Poet vs injun. This is almost too close to call. The poet is pretty fucking annoying and the injun is boring. The military dude kinda took that annoying job in the US version so I lean towards the injun. It's much better having him pine over a ghost in another building than over the living who can see him.

Better in UK Version:
wife
Military dude
pantsless ghost. I liked the US one better initially, but they've made him a nice guy. The politician dude is remaining slimy.
Neighbor is way better
Witch is better than hippy girl even if the hippy power is better.

Too close to call:
headless ghost. They both suck. US version made a good move getting him sucked off early.
Basement ghosts. The US actors are doing a better job, but the UK version actually gave them a bit of story.

My wife likes a lot of brit shows so I asked her which one she liked better. She liked the UK version better

the US version is too funny. I'm not even joking, that was her answer.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the US version is too funny. I'm not even joking, that was her answer.

I haven't seen either but it's common knowledge they had to radically alter season 2 of The Office for us audiences and drop the direct cloning. So they made Steve Carrell more likeable,, changed his hairstyle etc and Americanized the comedy

She probably just means the American version has gone for more obvious gags.

I just realised I'm doing a Chukzombi Chukzombi and being the main poster in a thread for a show I have zero intention to watch.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I like both. Mostly I like that it is easy to watch and can be put on in the background and isn't a huge commitment. Reminds me of the days of Parks and Rec, Office, Community, etc. Initially we just picked it up because of Rose McIver and knowing her from iZombie and then just stuck around. The husband was pretty annoying at first but they've toned him down. They do a good job with such a large cast and keeping everyone involved. Although there have been episodes where one of the Ghosts just not being there stuck out.

Also, they can bring Hannah Rose May back as the maid and replace anyone on the show and it would be fine with me. Just saying.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen either but it's common knowledge they had to radically alter season 2 of The Office for us audiences and drop the direct cloning. So they made Steve Carrell more likeable,, changed his hairstyle etc and Americanized the comedy

She probably just means the American version has gone for more obvious gags.

I just realised I'm doing a Chukzombi Chukzombi and being the main poster in a thread for a show I have zero intention to watch.

I was talking about ghosts. Even she agrees the british office sucked. This is a thread about ghosts, not the office. When you're unclear about the subject of a sentence, try looking at the thread title.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I like both. Mostly I like that it is easy to watch and can be put on in the background and isn't a huge commitment. Reminds me of the days of Parks and Rec, Office, Community, etc. Initially we just picked it up because of Rose McIver and knowing her from iZombie and then just stuck around. The husband was pretty annoying at first but they've toned him down. They do a good job with such a large cast and keeping everyone involved. Although there have been episodes where one of the Ghosts just not being there stuck out.

Also, they can bring Hannah Rose May back as the maid and replace anyone on the show and it would be fine with me. Just saying.
I was talking about ghosts. Even she agrees the british office sucked. This is a thread about ghosts, not the office. When you're unclear about the subject of a sentence, try looking at the thread title.

I know what she was talking about dummy. I was using the office as example of how British comedy has to be adapted for less intelligent audiences,, as you've just ably demonstrated

When you're unclear just don't reply

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I know what she was talking about dummy. I was using the office as example of how British comedy has to be adapted for less intelligent audiences,, as you've just ably demonstrated

When you're unclear just don't reply

Why don't you make 2 more posts then you can have the most posts in a thread for a show you never saw.

That's not pulling an astr0, BTW, talking out your ass is a signature ossoi move.

• 1Worf
TV show information provided by The Movie Database