Gifts for people that have everything.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Etsy has become my go-to for stuff like that. This year, I bought a customized music box for my 1 year old daughter, customized Glencairn glasses for my buddy, with his initials laser engraved (they look spectacular btw), and custom made emerald & gold bracelet for my wife. For my little brother, I had a leather desk set made with our family signet emblazoned into the leather.

At this point, the gift card shit is just so blah and buying people cheap bullshit that is "throw away" seems pointless, particularly when all have the means to just buy that kind of shit when they need/want it. I was so taken with the glencairn glasses I'm buying myself a pair as well as 4 general bar cart crystal glasses from the same seller. One of the guys I used to work with has an older Land Rover Defender 90 (that he absolutely loves), and I was able to get someone to do a very nice drawing of his Defender, same color etc from a pic he had and then framed the canvas and gave it to him for his office. He loved it.

Stuff that's "relatively" nice and will last and that's personal is my suggestion.
I use Etsy a lot to give gifts to the kids of relatives. You can find tons of cute knick knacks and things along those lines. Like I found a person selling kids books they wrote who was willing, for a pretty reasonable extra fee, to draw a cartoon picture of the kid and a message to them on the inside one year. Ended up being like 25$ a piece delivered for the kids at an appropriate age. A little custom book like that ended up being a pretty big win. I don't do it for the people with fuck you money, but it's a gold mine for extended family connections if you put int he work to poke around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I
To go further, for our close family that are out of state we did a round of getting everything a once a week meal delivery kit for a month (blueapron or hellofresh or whatever). Four kits total. Seemed like a pretty big hit and people say they had fun making new meals.

Also search o & h danish kringles on amazon. They are fucken amazing. We send those out pretty often.
I can eat one of these myself in an evening, way too tasty.

edit: not to self- read the rest of the thread first dumbass.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now this is a TOUGH one. Every year all my friends and family ask me what they can get me for my birthday or Xmas. But I literally have everything I could ever want. I tell them their friendship is a gift enough.

They end up giving me socks regardless.
It's sad, we've been in the "we don't need anything" demographic for a few years. But I'd totally be stoked for some socks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's sad, we've been in the "we don't need anything" demographic for a few years. But I'd totally be stoked for some socks.
Ankle socks are gross. One of my favorite gifts ever is a pair of socks, though. No idea how a family member guessed my sona, but one year I randomly got these out of a wrapper. Way, way beyond random chance. Even given I send gifts to a few hundred relatives every year due to my fucking grandpa putting his cock in every whore-hole he met. Let me go get a pic.

ffoooo.png

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Socks are a solid gift to give anyone who has it all. Allows for a lot of creativity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I figured out a good one for my dad, a 5oz bar of silver. You can also get super tiny 1 gram gold "bars" for like 70 bucks. Kinda like money or gift cards, but way cooler. Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn from the investing thread suggested using JM Bullion.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
For those kinds of people I buy booze like obscure Japanese whiskey, ornaments like gargoyles or pink flamingos for the garden, gift voucher for out there a activities like sky diving, or other weird shit like adult onesies that just make me laugh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I figured out a good one for my dad, a 5oz bar of silver. You can also get super tiny 1 gram gold "bars" for like 70 bucks. Kinda like money or gift cards, but way cooler. Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn from the investing thread suggested using JM Bullion.
I’ve got a 2g bar for the novelty. Cute lil thing. Horrible way to invest — the markup is gigantic — but fun. Here’s the one I got.

E92BF0BB-55AE-44E7-8B5A-CBF86C4B615A.jpeg

img_1428-1-gif.343736

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user