Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
The second Norton says Batista took his glass was way to obvious. I thought it was misdirection or something more but no, you knew who the killer was in the first act. The vaccine bullshit in the beginning was cringe
Was the vaccine stuff in the beginning cringe? I thought it was actually pretty funny because these people are letting someone spray some unknown substance in their mouths so that they can go to the island. Between that and the mesh mask, my take-away from that scene was that they were poking fun at the nonsense of masking and vaccines.

Edit: These movies are fun, I enjoyed both.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It was a shot at anti vaxxers or maskers.

The dumbest bitch refuses masks or wears a mesh one and tries to touch people or have a large “bubble”.

The spray was a shot at alternative Covid treatment. No answers just “you’re good” and the only people who question it are heroes and the moron lady and “men’s rights” advocate ate it up.

Lame.

Never would have guessed of the WWE guys that Batista would be not only bar far the best actor, but a legit quality actor compared to non wrestlers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Felt more like a bit about "rich people vaccines" which are leagues better than the pleeb versions, but also pokes fun at the fact that Miles didn't share it with his friends until they are literally getting on a boat to come to his private island and interact with him.

Ethan Hawke did the cameo for that scene in the midst of Moon Knight filming, which was during the Delta wave.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It was a shot at anti vaxxers or maskers.

The dumbest bitch refuses masks or wears a mesh one and tries to touch people or have a large “bubble”.

The spray was a shot at alternative Covid treatment. No answers just “you’re good” and the only people who question it are heroes and the moron lady and “men’s rights” advocate ate it up.

Did you think this through before posting:

The heroes question the spray, and the MRA accepts it instantly? That doesn't seem like real life

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Did you think this through before posting:

The heroes question the spray, and the MRA accepts it instantly? That doesn't seem like real life

I read it as more the idiots just buying a non vaccine spray alternative. It’s their version of ivermectin: “cool we are inoculated now” where as the good guys just want to know what it is so they know it’s not bullshit.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
my head cannon is that it was just a placebo spray. which makes perfect sense in context. just a spritz of water and voila, free to take off your face diaper.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Never would have guessed of the WWE guys that Batista would be not only bar far the best actor, but a legit quality actor compared to non wrestlers
batista is an amazing actor, i never watched him during his wrestling days, but i've liked him in every movie he's in. i think one of the reasons wrestlers don't make good actors is that despite acting every time they're wrestling, they are taught to be big and bombastic because the crowd in the nosebleeds need to see what you're doing. but batista understands subtly and how dramatic very small movements can be. he knows the camera picks up everything and doesn't need to be big and loud.

the rock similarly understands that but tends to go with roles that give him a reason to bulk up and do big action scenes, but batista tries to choose roles where his size doesn't mean anything. yes, excluding drax, but his role in guardians is kind of an oddball because even though he's playing a pre-established character who is big and muscly, it's not really like drax is the muscle of the guardians. they all kind of are the muscle. you could argue that rocket is just as much the muscle as anyone else.

anyway, my point is that i think people look at batista and just write him off as some big dumb wrestler who wants to be in movies, but he's extremely talented.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The first one was woke trash, why did anyone expect this not to be?

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The first one was woke trash, why did anyone expect this not to be?
to be clear, this isn't particularly woke. just California Soy. A subtle difference I know. but it isn't quite the same. The celeb worship, hollywood worship, big tech worship, the degeneracy, decadence, total lack of strong men. thats not really wokeness, thats just cali degeneracy.

and yes, I think the spray joke was rich assholes having access to a cure, and not sharing it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
to be clear, this isn't particularly woke.
Ok hear me out spoilers ahead...
"so the old white guy can't solve the problem because "he is held down by the system" so the woman of color has to take it into her own hands, start a bunch of "mostly peaceful" shenanigans that the mostly white characters get behind at first including glass breaking and riot like behavior. Then when fires start they try and cool her down because "oh no we didn't sign up for this", just to have her win in the end with pure destruction.... Doesn't remind you of anything woke at all"

It was a celebration of the summer of BLM mindset and an attempt to justify it but sure definitely not woke trash. Insert negs below for me reading to much into movies
obey roddy piper GIF

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ok hear me out spoilers ahead...
"so the old white guy can't solve the problem because "he is held down by the system" so the woman of color has to take it into her own hands, start a bunch of "mostly peaceful" shenanigans that the mostly white characters get behind at first including glass breaking and riot like behavior. Then when fires start they try and cool her down because "oh no we didn't sign up for this", just to have her win in the end with pure destruction.... Doesn't remind you of anything woke at all"

It was a celebration of the summer of BLM mindset and an attempt to justify it but sure definitely not woke trash. Insert negs below for me reading to much into movies

Your avatar suddenly makes sense.

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The actual murder mystery was fun but it was surrounded by a ton of bullshit and a terrible ending. Knives Out was infinitely better.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I actually enjoyed Knives Out so I thought this would be good, figured Rian was just bad with Star Wars. I was wrong Knives Out was a total fluke. Watched the first 20 minutes of Onion and turned it off. The jokes were terrible every joke was similar to Poe crank calling the Star Destroyer in Ep 8 which is the worst movie ever made. Fuck Rian.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bit of a let down after Knives Out, went too hard on the zainy characters I think and I got about 75% of the mystery solved before the solving was started. Was okay, but glad I didn't have to pay and see it in a theater.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Knives out was on and figured rewatch it again, sequel is definitely much much worse