Glorious (2022)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Glorious (2022)

Tagline: The universe has a favor to ask.

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Comedy

Director: Rebekah McKendry

Cast: Ryan Kwanten, J.K. Simmons, Sylvia Grace Crim, Andre Lamar, Tordy Clark, Sarah Clark, Katie Bacque

Release: 2022-07-21

Runtime: 79

Plot: After a breakup, Wes ends up at a remote rest stop. He finds himself locked inside the bathroom with a mysterious figure speaking from an adjacent stall. Soon Wes realizes he is involved in a situation more terrible than he could imagine.

Daidraco

Semi good, B rated horror movie that basically takes place in a highway rest stop for the entire movie. Given its subject matter, figurred it would fit well here.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This was a bit less than ok, was really derivative of The Color Out of Space and outside of taking all of its visual and creature queues from that the rest is mostly forgettable and really drawn out. This easily could have just been an episode of Creepshow and been more successful at what it was trying to do. Lots of filler. It seems like it did a better job at subtly mixing in humor to an Lovecraftian story than most of what else it is attempting

Daidraco

This was a bit less than ok, was really derivative of The Color Out of Space and outside of taking all of its visual and creature queues from that the rest is mostly forgettable and really drawn out. This easily could have just been an episode of Creepshow and been more successful at what it was trying to do. Lots of filler. It seems like it did a better job at subtly mixing in humor to an Lovecraftian story than most of what else it is attempting
You are setting the bar for a B rated horror movie, made on a shoestring budget, hosted by shudder, wayyyy too fucking high. G/f and I watched this movie on the couch with a bunch of friends and we all enjoyed it - sorry you didnt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the color palette and it being "cosmic horror" make it derivative of Color Out of Space, at least not the movie (never read the Lovecraft story). That movie had a lot of stuff going on and this was pretty much just a conversation between a dude and a God in a toilet. I thought it was decent especially for a B rated horror movie, made on a shoestring budget, hosted by Shudder. I've seen way, way worse on Shudder and elsewhere.

Part of it was funny because other than remembering the thread title I had no other information about the movie. After loading it up on Shudder and hitting play after 20 minutes my mind was like "hah, they got a budget J.K. Simmons but at least he sounds dang close!"

Also hard to no overlook that fact that 90% of the film is just Ryan Kwanten in a bathroom by himself. One man shows with almost zero change of scenery seem very hard to pull off. It was done at least well enough to not make me think about that for 1hr and 20min.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database