Go On (Matthew Perry)

nu_11

Haven't seen a thread for this show.

This trailer is kind of boring and it takes a couple of shows to build momentum, but it can be pretty damn funny.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty schmaltzy but every episode has some really good laughs. Still don't see the main premise having real legs, but eventually it will just evolve to them hanging around in a coffee shop instead of therapy.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Fairly big necro but I stumbled across a recommendation for this in another thread and after seeing the first 8 shows it's second only to The Middle as a great way to spend 21 minutes.

Just like Grimmlokk said (and funnily enough The Middle is often the same) most episodes have a moral to them but pretty much every one has had several good comedy set pieces to get there. Give it a try, however if you don't like it after the first couple you might as well stop there.

Then again I liked Mr Sunshine but that might be me really liking Alison Janney as well.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This is one of my must watches. Matthew Perry was always my favorite in the early days of Friends (before it got terrible) and I like the way the show goes quickly from joke to joke so you actually are rewarded for paying attention. It may just be my kind of humor, though, as I know quite a few people who don't like it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like crazy bearded guy.
Brett Gelman's character, Mr. K. Character started off real shaky but he's really found his groove. Just the right level of crazy now. And it's always fun when he reveals something about his life, like the fact he's a NASA engineer and mathematical genius.

ringer_sl

shitlord
I stumbled across this recently and almost changed the channel thinking that Matthew Perry was going to do his usual 'could it be any more...?' shtick. Glad I stayed on it though - love this show now and think the premise would have worked for a few more seasons at least. Rumour has it that it's been cancelled though...

spronk

FPS noob
did this get better? i watched like 2 or 3 episodes and I thought it was more depressing/sad than funny, so stopped watching.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It did. Never great, but it was solid. Bit heavy handed sometimes, but they cut that with a lot of snark usually. *shrug* It was never gonna be a classic, but it was better than a lot of awful shit out there.

nu_11

Goddamn... a few of the characters were pretty damn interesting too. That creepy, scientific, middle-aged man and the professional lesbian to name two. I like how they were able to better hone onto the more interesting characters and set aside the non-interesting ones.

The show isn't the funniest, but I had some really big lols.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
so after having this show sitting at home for half a year i finally got around to watch some episodes, and it's really funny. crazy beard guy is hilarious, love the chemistry(onesided?) between king and carrie (his assistant). can't believe there wasn't an audience for that. probably not saying much, but for me it's the best thing that was on tv this/last season.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I plowed through all the episodes in the past few days at the behest of this thread. Definitely a great show. Waaaay more laughs than shows like The Middle or Cougartown. It's hard to compare it to really amazing shows like Parks & Rec or 30 Rock though because they've had such a long time to establish their characters but it definitely deserves more than one season.