God damn fucking Google. Gmail issue

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I forget what happened but while looking how to uncollapse the left side bar, I saw it acting like there was new/old tab options to play with. Clicked them on and off and discovered by killing promotion and social tab. Now if I have promotions enabled, all my recent emails going back to march 2018 have gone to it appears an update tab. If I kill all tabs, then they I think have all returned to my normal inbox. However then I've got to wade thru a dozen or so plus promotional emails.

I've tried figuring out how to delete or drag the "updates" label into my inbox. Doesn't work, I can make it show up under "all mail" which does nothing. I can click all mail when I still have a promotions tab to basically see all my missing emails (or at least I think it's all of them, didnt exactly have them memorized)

So lost on how to get back my inbox for like the last fucking year without also being burried in a wall of spam. I can manually for each fucking email hit "not an update" from within that label but I can't do that going back for however long.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not sure I fully understand your problem or what you’re aiming to do. “Updates” isn’t a different tab like Primary, Promotions, and Social. It’s a category that flags certain messages for sorting purposes. I completely ignore Updates so I’m not sure how it’s intended to be used.

Edit: For example, I have 1 unread inbox message but 308 unread Updates. The 1 unread inbox message is also in Updates, but the 307 other messages have already been marked as “read” in their respective tabs.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I fully understand your problem or what you’re aiming to do. “Updates” isn’t a different tab like Primary, Promotions, and Social. It’s a category that flags certain messages for sorting purposes. I completely ignore Updates so I’m not sure how it’s intended to be used.

Edit: For example, I have 1 unread inbox message but 308 unread Updates. The 1 unread inbox message is also in Updates, but the 307 other messages have already been marked as “read” in their respective tabs.
Not sure how else to describe it, maybe I'll attempt to make a video at some point. But end of the day it's essentially I no longer see messages between when it happened and a year past suddenly unless I either hit all mail, or kill the primary/promotions/social tabs and make it one giant inbox. (Which then is drowned out by the 12-15 daily bullshit emails that usually went under promotions/social)