God of War: Ragnarok

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
God dammit Atreus you once again pissing me off, lets hope he comes back around like he did in the first one. I can say I like they balanced his annoyance with a worthy partner. Good shit, 19 hours in and can’t wait to see what comes next. Also I think I unlocked all the systems now but they keep adding them unexpectedly.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Boss spoilers
huge wolf fight was fucking epic, loved how it ended shit had me rolling.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had to drop down one step from balanced difficulty to enjoy the combat part. Not the games fault but I am so very very bad nowadays. If I die 15 times with no progress I just want to stop.

The Artreus parts kinda drags, at least the Ironwood one. I hope they get better further on but I would rather have Kratos doing them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Had to drop down one step from balanced difficulty to enjoy the combat part. Not the games fault but I am so very very bad nowadays. If I die 15 times with no progress I just want to stop.

The Artreus parts kinda drags, at least the Ironwood one. I hope they get better further on but I would rather have Kratos doing them.
I’m at ironwood now and I’m like ok. Can I get out of here yet?

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the kid’s part are a lot less interesting. I mean some of the lore and story is interesting and even his combat isn’t bad but it’s just I want to play as Kratos.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
While I really liked the narrative/aethstic/combat of the first?/last/fourth game, all of the SO MANY puzzles were to me off putting and boring, frankly, like this Penny Arcade comic:
20080213-6I-ZCoEI-p1.jpg
20080213-6I-ZCoEI-p2.jpg
20080213-6I-ZCoEI-p3.jpg

Its actually 3 images, I don't know why.

So while at some point I plan on playing the game, with the condition of my hands (I have in the last year developed severe aggressive RA) mostly read through a walk through of the game and then been watching the videos of the narrative story points.

Without the puzzles, and just the story narrative, I like this game a whole lot more as its well established in its setting, without many of the things I disliked from the narrative of the first game.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
While I really liked the narrative/aethstic/combat of the first?/last/fourth game, all of the SO MANY puzzles were to me off putting and boring, frankly, like this Penny Arcade comic:
View attachment 442929View attachment 442927View attachment 442930

So while at some point I plan on playing the game, with the condition of my hands (I have in the last year developed severe aggressive RA) mostly read through a walk through of the game and then been watching the videos of the narrative story points.

Without the puzzles, and just the story narrative, I like this game a whole lot more as its well established in its setting, without many of the things I disliked from the narrative of the first game.
There are a lot of puzzle assistance options, including I think auto win. I'll have to check again but they definitely have options for peeps that hated the puzzles.

• 1Blown

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 442929View attachment 442927View attachment 442930

Lol these games were actually kinda fun. I remember laughing at this comic when it came out though.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished this - just rushed through to see ending/story wrap up. Finished at just over 30 hours or so. Pretty good ending to a pretty good game - It's probably just me, but the sony first party games just don't do anything really for me anymore. I loved GOW 2018, just like this one. Loved HZD, really didn't like HFW much. TLOU vs TLOU2 etc. They just become so rote, so formulaic and it's gotten stale to me. It was especially obvious here - linear route through quest, squeeze through 5 holes, solve 5 puzzles, mini boss fight, etc. It's not bad, and the ending was much better than the beginning but I just don't think it's great or particularly innovative to me.

All of this colored by Elden Ring I guess, but it's fucking laughable to compare this game to ER in terms of GOTY. It's Tyson vs Wizardhawk, honestly.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users