God of War: Ragnarok

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just got past the first mission with the kid. My main complaint is all the side characters giving me hints on how to solve puzzles. I just want them to stfu. This alone is what makes this game not as good as Elden Ring.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Finally got around to 100%ing this on GMGOW. Hrolf and Gna were hard, but neither seemed as buttfucking hard as Sigrun did (although that was on NG+ so we'll see what this turns up whenever they release that). Last act was pretty damn awesome, and I'm looking forward to whatever the next installment ends up being. I wouldn't mind seeing the Egyptian gods get their shit wrecked.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Finally finished this, (might push for 100%) - Really enjoyed this game and the story

One personal issue with the story was

I was 100% sure i would get to use Thor's hammer at the end...it would have been pretty easy to make it happen for the final fight, kinda bummed about that.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah single arena, and nothing on the level like Freya controlling a giant while fighting Baldur. 100% wanted more Thor. Major spoilers DO NOT READ until you beat the game
Sucks they killed him off, now there is no chance of more Thor... Hints at Thicc Thrud will be looking for his hammer. Maybe she will bring him back? Also Angry Sindri is a beast, some genuine love for the dwarf duo. Tyr being Odin the whole time blew my mind, knowing this playing through again with all the conversations they had really goes to just what a fucker Odin is.

Yeah
The Odin/Tyr reveal had me Sally Fieldsing

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Finally finished this, (might push for 100%) - Really enjoyed this game and the story

One personal issue with the story was

I was 100% sure i would get to use Thor's hammer at the end...it would have been pretty easy to make it happen for the final fight, kinda bummed about that.
they even teased it. 2 points during their final fight, Kratos ALMOST had it. Would've been an awesome moment

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Finished the game as well, enjoyed it but yeah nowhere near the first game in highs and feels and epic combat moments, the story is a lot weaker. Every time Atreus is the focus of the game it drags to a complete stop. I wanted way, way, way more Thor and Odin, learn more about why Odin is the way he is, his history with the 9 realms, and needed a LOT more about Sutr, that shit felt jammed in like a DLC or something.

Still enjoyable enough that i'll 100% it, probably have 10-15 hours of stuff left to polish off (not looking forward to muspelheim trials in hardest mode), but if the first game is a solid 9.1/10 the second seems closer to a 7.8/10. Its crazy that people put this game above Elden Ring in their GOTY rankings.

Don't forget amazon is gonna make a God of War TV show that starts with the 2018 game, its gonna be sadly a dumpster fire based on all the fantasy stuff Amazon has done so far.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Actually liking the story, but yeah they somehow made Atreus a buzz killington. Judge as Kratos is just plain perfect, as is the gu doin Mimir and the woman playing Freya. Biggest complaint for me are the huge difficulty spikes in some points (Berserker Kings are all over the place in terms of difficulty) and the pacing near the end with all the side questing opening up at an odd point in the story.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Actually liking the story, but yeah they somehow made Atreus a buzz killington. Judge as Kratos is just plain perfect, as is the gu doin Mimir and the woman playing Freya. Biggest complaint for me are the huge difficulty spikes in some points (Berserker Kings are all over the place in terms of difficulty) and the pacing near the end with all the side questing opening up at an odd point in the story.

Yeah if I had a main gameplay complaint it would be that it doesn't open you up early enough. By the time you can do all the side shit, you're ready to wrap the story in 2 hours.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Rather than Egyptian gods I'd rather they do something like Mayan/Mesoamerican instead, or perhaps Babylonian.

I quite liked the choice for Odin in this. It really played up the notion that he was a manipulator through and through.

I am glad they didn't off the entire Norse pantheon like they did with Greco/Roman. Leaves at least some room for there to eventually be a Kratos-themed multipantheon at some point in the future.

Szlia

As much I would love some babylonian adventures, wouldn't that require a new character or some time travel ?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think I'd prefer Egyptian just because I at least have a passing familiarity with the pantheon, but honestly I'm not sure I have much faith they won't brownify it because we wuz kangz.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Got the plat, goddamn the Berserker King is on a whole another level of difficulty compared to everything else in the game. Had to drop difficulty and it didn't really seem to make a difference at all lol. Finally got it down after a few hours of tries over a few days and mostly just luck tbh. Still easier though than the Valk Queen from GOW 2018.

Last quarter of the game is definitely the part thats "worth the experience", but still felt like a game that was missing too much lore and the shitty chapters with Angrboda and grandma should have been spent with Odin and/or Thor instead.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

GOW 2018 sold 23m lifetime to date so this should easily beat that

probably means Spider-man 2 coming out this year will be absolutely massive

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

GOW 2018 sold 23m lifetime to date so this should easily beat that

probably means Spider-man 2 coming out this year will be absolutely massive
Is that a lot? I don’t follow sales numbers so not sure how 23m looks compared to other titles.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is that a lot? I don’t follow sales numbers so not sure how 23m looks compared to other titles.
Yes, most games don't break triple digits. Sadly triple AAA are considered a failure unless they move 10+ million units as half a billion dollars just doesn't cut it these days. Super mario 64 sold 12 million units for example and that remains their best seller for that console.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

It really tailed off. They sold through 5.1 million in the first week. 23m is through 4 years though for the original God of War. I would assume it could hit that depending. Original GoW was better in my opinion.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
NG+ is out now apparently. Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, but you can wear the bearskin now lol.

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob

much as i like the rock i don't think he would not be good at playing kratos, just doesn't have the "i've seen some shit" vibe that kratos needs

ironically younger vin diesel would probably be good but he's too old now to be shirtless so much

• 1Like
  • 1Barf