Godless

Rime

<Donor>
By not a Hollywood ending, I assumed that Roy would be injured in the final fight and then they would say he 'died' and show that he took on some other name and lived on the homestead. Was very glad when he 'road off into the sunset', so to speak. Proper western ending, that.

Show also does not overstay it's welcome. Glad it was a miniseries ('Limited Series') and not something they tried to stretch out over 10+ episodes.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got around to watching this and I loved that it was only a 7 episode commitment. I enjoyed it.

Jeff Daniels wins the show and the guy that played Roy Goode gets an honorable mention. Some of the other acting was kind of shitty, but all of it passable. They had a huge cast to manage here and they did a nice job giving everyone their story-lines and moments to make you care.

It is not HBO quality material, but it was certainly worth my time. 4/5 stars or a B+.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was fine if you don't mind a simple and predictable western full of recoilless guns, villains who don't value their lives at all,
If you want a more complex, recent western experience check out The Son.
this is sortof my first thoughts on this. just started ep2 now. so, do have a ways to go. I just find the initial premise a bit silly. A band of 30+ bandits, derail a train, murder everyone aboard, including the wealthy owner. and then murder an entire town, of 120+... And.. the only response is one marshal looking for Roy goode? what? "the wild west" was not nearly as wild as westerns like to make it... The US army would have been called in for this.

ep2 has the marshal mention going to the army... why exactly didnt he telegraph the army? its been at least 3 days, if not more.
and further episodes... Still hasn't gone. Just dicking around.. just seems a bit baffling contrived to create the narrative.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You're already asking for spoilers. The show isn't all that far-fetched or full of plot armor as your initial thoughts may lead you to believe. There are some details that are a bit silly for the sake of the story but it's not Walking Dead levels of stupid. Not even close.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just finished watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would give it 4/5 as well. Definitely worth a watch.

Poor Whitey. Didn't get the girl nor a shot off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
2/5 would be 3 but the last episode was cringy garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Necro bump but o did want to share my disdain for a pseudo game of thrones bad ending after a very enjoyable rest of the show.

Certain people dying was expected but then they almost say fuck you to the character before the action starts in a way that doesn't make sense to happen.

I don't know why the town didn't lynch the reporter. But hey even back then the news was fake.

The way they did blacktown was also silly and id almost give some voice story credence calling it racist. (Super soldiers barely get anything done vs the town of housewives)

Shame