Gone Girl

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fincher is great as always, soundtrack is amazing, but the plot is completely ludicrous.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Just saw this movie (with the GF) with absolute no idea what it was about. Thought it was another chick flick and was griping to go see Dracula Untold instead.

Glad I decided to see this movie, and as someone else posted
The wife is fuckin terrifying at the end of the movie

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got the see this and thought it was very good. I knew a little about it going in and I thought the acting was superb. One note on the ending

It wasn't so much that he was stuck with her because of the kid (although that was part of it) but he wanted to be with her because she was crazy (that was her point to him). It's not an ideal situation though that's why he asked the lawyer/cop if there was anything they could do and they said no. At that point he made up his mind. Probably why his sister was crying in the end because she knew he was both trapped and wanting it at the same time

The only wtf moment for me was
her walking out of the hospital still covered in blood and in scrubs

Szlia

I enjoyed the cast and the cinematography (notably the shots of the search party that reminded me of Egoyan's Exotica), but it is both extremely boring and totally unbelievable. My score: meh.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Little late to the party, but finally caught this the other day. Even knowing it had some 'fincher-esque' twists/quirks to it ahead of time, I still enjoyed it a lot and was surprised enough.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
DVD Screeners of this (and a 720p web rip) just hit all the usual sites within the last hour or so

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I watched this last night with my wife. Married people should never watch this movie. Holy shitballs friends. Good movie, but damn.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wives get a sinister look on their faces when they watch this movie. It says "Oh yes, we are capable of this. You better not step outta line, chump".

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Affleck's character is just such a doofus. I feel there must have been something lost from the book because he just doesn't make any sense.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not much was changed from the book, unfortunately. Affleck's character was a chump, because Gillian Flynn's shtick is writing stories where nearly every character is completely insufferable (Dark Places is even worse in that regard). Fincher and Flynn said that the ending was going to be rewritten for the movie, but in the final cut it was barely any different at all.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched this last night with my wife. Married people should never watch this movie. Holy shitballs friends. Good movie, but damn.
Luckily for me, I guess, as my wife had read the book already and before the movie started said she didn't like it.

Or maybe that's just part of her plan to throw me off...fuck.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
This movie is basically the horror film equivalent of red pill propaganda. So many things. Beta orbiter used and discarded when no longer useful. Alpha male who loses his edge when he begins settling. Woman trapping man with baby. False rape claim. Women being able to love unconditionally. Holding frame against the reporter causes the woman to fall in love with her husband again, etc etc.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie is basically the horror film equivalent of red pill propaganda. So many things. Beta orbiter used and discarded when no longer useful. Alpha male who loses his edge when he begins settling. Woman trapping man with baby. False rape claim. Women being able to love unconditionally. Holding frame against the reporter causes the woman to fall in love with her husband again, etc etc.

Finally, someone who trulygotthe movie. If it was anyone else i'd think it was a troll post.

I like the term 'beta orbiter' sounds like something you might hear in particle physics had it not already been 'alpha-cuckolded'(am i doing this right) by redpill philosophy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's also complete fiction.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good movie, rarely does any type of media drop my jaw and make me say fuuuuuuck outloud, this one had a few.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Apparently Reese Witherspoon purchased the rights to the book with the intent of starring in this herself, but Fincher talked her out of it. She's a good actress and all, but I can't see her in this role. The chick they had was perfect.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, this wasn't the type of movie that Witherspoon, or someone like Sandra Bullock could have starred in, it wouldn't have been believable. This movie would have been right in Sharon Stone's wheelhouse if she were 20 years younger. It's probably one of the better Basic Instinct/Fatal Attraction-type relationship thrillers that I've seen in a while.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently Reese Witherspoon purchased the rights to the book with the intent of starring in this herself, but Fincher talked her out of it. She's a good actress and all, but I can't see her in this role. The chick they had was perfect.
Thank fuck that didn't happen. I don't care for her as an actress and I do not think she could have pulled it off either.