Good night sweet Prince

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Man, he wrote so many almost perfect songs. "I Would Die 4 U", "1999", "When Doves Cry"., soundtrack of your life type stuff

Sucks...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've never been more than a casual fan, but he was a talented mother fucker. Ya, just toured and came through Toronto like a month ago.

I've always loved the solo in this clip though. It's so absurd that it's awesome. I guess this is what happens when you have nobody saying "No, that's absurd"
At 4:40 he leans back into a man strategically placed in the crowd for the lean-back alone
At the end, he throws his guitar in the air and it never comes back down, then he saunters off stage like a boss
Love that solo.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.

Well he finally made it through and he'll be sorely missed. I always though he looked in incredibly good shape for his age.

That Super Bowl halftime show he did several years ago was probably the last really great one that there's been.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
This sucks. What a year so far. Purple Rain is one of my favorite all time albums. Seeing Apollonia Kotero nude in Purple Rain is also my first memory of seeing a nude woman...hooked ever since!
rrr_img_131626.jpg

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I can tell you right now what it was.

Prince had HIV from the late 90's and was being treated successfully. He converted to being a Jehoveh's Witness through a music pal. He stopped his medication 2 years ago because he was convinced by others God had cured him. When he stopped taking the medication cocktails, HIV eventually turned into full blown AIDS and once you stop that cocktail, the virus morphs and you cannot take it again and be successful at treating it as it is now immune to all those combinations once it mutates (Part of the drug cocktail is a process in which it kills the virus replication off and cannot react quick enough to the cocktail changes inherent in the treatment). Now, he is a goner.
frown.png

He should have maintained his treatment.

Prince died of AIDS complications.
f7FdEdG.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah she could never quite get top billing. Forever the undercard. Well tonight she's fluffing security guards backstage at his concert.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I certainly don't claim to be a life long super fan. I did enjoy his music though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What I will miss about Prince the most is how bad ass of a guitarist he was. Fucking genius in so many ways.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I was never a fan (just not the kind of music I like to listen to, day-to-day). But there's no doubt he was a musical genius. And goddamn, that guitar solo at the Hall of Fame? Fucking epic.