Goonies Sequel

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Instead of using the money from the treasure to save his house, Mikey turned into a drug lord. He converted the entire cave system into an advanced drug factory, restoring all booby traps and making them much deadlier. Now his former friends must rediscover the mystery and work together to rescue him.

np hollywood

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It ONLY works if they bring back the original cast and ONLY if they are the lead actors. None of this lets have our kids go on an adventure shit. These guys are still young enough for one more.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't wait. I'm sure it will live up to the original and then some, capturing every element of why we enjoyed it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hollywood is lazy and greedy and deserves to have all their movies pirated

fris

Vyemm Raider
danielbryanNO.gif

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
still better than yet another 150 million comic book movie targeted at boys in puberty...

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It won't be a sequel, it'll be another re-boot.

They will shoot for the easy to please teen and tween market with some OTT action and noise. Have some young up and coming 'talent' in it.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sean Astin confirmed it a couple of years ago and their source was Donner himself, did you even watch the video? If it were a reboot they would just remake the first one with new actors, considering they are using the original actors it is most likely not a reboot. I doubt they would make it with a bunch of kids as no one in that target audience would see it. Most tween/teen audience is into young adult books anyways and are not too familiar with the Goonies.

Cybsled

The twist in this film is that Sloth had a sex change and is now known as Michelle Bachman.

Szlia

Hollywood is exactly as lazy as the audience allows them to be. If 30 something parents go see movies based on IPs of their youth with their children, why would Hollywood stop doing that? The real problem is the immaturity of the audience.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's not entirely true. It's not true of any industry and even less true of the entertainment industry. For every good movie made there would still be TONS of crap. Even if the general audience was more discerning. And there would still be transparent cash grabs. You can't dump premeditated artistic failure into the communal lap of the unwashed. That's a sort of defensive dishonesty.

Both parties, the producer and the consumer, are at fault in different ways. The immaturity of the audience is one reason. I wouldn't go anywhere near so far as to say it's the "real" problem. The producers do come out of the audience, after all.

The spate of comic book blockbusters is flat out lazy. It's lazy for everyone, but it sure is lazy. There is an agreement being made. If big studios wanted a different terms, if they were willing to put some effort into it -- there would be different terms. It works both ways.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
. . did you even watch the video?
Actually no.

My flashplayer doesn't work with 100% of video hosts. So the vid on the TMZ page didn't work. I have since found the video on TMZ's Youtube channel.

Yeah so my earlier comment was pretty much wrong, I based it on my current low expectations of Hollywood + a read over the text on the original page. So I was wrong, will take it back.

A true Goonies sequel sounds pretty good.