GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My original point is why don't they put that non-insignificant effort into making the show not suck? yeah yeah, writers aren't involved filming. idk, I gotta imagine you could throw enough money at some good ones to consult?

Great tv that gets leaked is still great tv. Does anyone even remember off hand the 2 episodes that leaked early last season?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't see how multiple endings will prevent spoilers. One will be correct. All this does is allow them an escape if people riot based on what happens in the last 5 episodes leading to the finale.
Fan tongue service. Tongue punching fans in the fartbox. Total weak gayery. Show me that asshole son.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone wearing kilts ending, everyone wearing thongs ending, everyone wearing the blood of their enemies ending, everyone wearing spandex ending, etc etc etc

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah filming multi endings is pointless if the rest is leaked. who gives a shit about the last 5 minutes? its fucking over nobody will care who lives or dies at the last second of the series.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
yeah filming multi endings is pointless if the rest is leaked. who gives a shit about the last 5 minutes? its fucking over nobody will care who lives or dies at the last second of the series.
Tony Soprano and "Don't Stop Believing" would like to have a word (or none) with you.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
My original point is why don't they put that non-insignificant effort into making the show not suck? yeah yeah, writers aren't involved filming. idk, I gotta imagine you could throw enough money at some good ones to consult?
Some writers are involved in filming quite a bit. It depends on the show.

And without knowing how they are budgeted exactly, it might be an insignificant effort to plug in a few pages on a working day of trash material to cut into a wrong ending.

Problem is, in our day and age of having a constant online presence and too many people with cameras and a blog, I don't think you will ever get a "No, I am your father" moment out of film or television again without coming down HARD on your crew (which is taboo for even the worst above the line folk).

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
They fucked up bad giving white a Nobel prize. I mean come on.
Walt never got a Nobel prize. He was part of a graduate team that did research on photon radiography for an experiment that lead to two OTHER guys getting Nobels.

Don't make me put you in the "Girl on Couch On Cell Phone Complaining about Not Knowing Whats Going On This Show Sucks Who Is That Guy Wait Is that The Guy from Hold On Can We Pause This I Need To Go Pee Ok Do You Want To Start Over Wait Who is That Guy Again" Category of TV Watchers...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I distinctly remember seeing a "nobel prize certificate" on his wall in one of the flashbacks.

So, no. They gave him a nobel prize and then realized how abjectly fucking retarded that was, and wrote in "oh, it wasn't HIS, he was part of a GRADUATE TEAM that..."

Because nobel prize means he's REALLY SMART.

The entire show is like that. Which is why season 4 was the best season. They finally stopped pretending that it was smart writing for one glorious fucking season. They finally just let it be what it was without being worried about how dumb the entire thing was. And it was a glorious season.

THEY'RE MINERALS, MARIE. JEEZ.

HOLD ON DAD, I'MMA EAT CEREAL FOR THIRTY SECONDS AND WISH I WASN'T A CRIPPLE.

TEN MINUTES OF SKYLAR BITCHING ABOUT NO ONE GIVES A DAMN.

none of this is smart. none of it is insightful. it wasn't even entertaining. I skipped through so much of the show. Honestly.

Train Heist though, absolutely awesome. And where they -eventually- took Jesse... that was also great. But see, a show like The Wire can have people doing mundane shit and it's still entertaining. I do like BB for what it was. It wasn't even on the level of Mad Men though. BB was smart.... for a comic book series.

Last edited:
  • 4Picard
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
cersei isn't really pregnant, it's a manipulation. her overt body language at relevant times is a giveaway (sorry if it's already been raised).

i also loved her iron bank / golden company play. for all her perceived weaknesses vs dragons and shit, she is definitely a solid contender.

+ 1 on the lena / ma ma clan / cersei train

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I distinctly remember seeing a "nobel prize certificate" on his wall in one of the flashbacks.

So, no. They gave him a nobel prize and then realized how abjectly fucking retarded that was, and wrote in "oh, it wasn't HIS, he was part of a GRADUATE TEAM that..."

Because nobel prize means he's REALLY SMART.

The entire show is like that. Which is why season 4 was the best season. They finally stopped pretending that it was smart writing for one glorious fucking season. They finally just let it be what it was without being worried about how dumb the entire thing was. And it was a glorious season.

THEY'RE MINERALS, MARIE. JEEZ.

HOLD ON DAD, I'MMA EAT CEREAL FOR THIRTY SECONDS AND WISH I WASN'T A CRIPPLE.

TEN MINUTES OF SKYLAR BITCHING ABOUT NO ONE GIVES A DAMN.

none of this is smart. none of it is insightful. it wasn't even entertaining. I skipped through so much of the show. Honestly.

Train Heist though, absolutely awesome. And where they -eventually- took Jesse... that was also great. But see, a show like The Wire can have people doing mundane shit and it's still entertaining. I do like BB for what it was. It wasn't even on the level of Mad Men though. BB was smart.... for a comic book series.

Well... he was REALLY SMART. He was just completely devoid of common sense and had way too much foolish pride. That was the whole point of the lead up to the reveal where they show the audience just how fucking smart he was. Without that the story makes no goddamn sense. A high school chemistry teacher who is such a good chemist he can easily make the most pure crystal meth the drug trade has ever seen with just some shit from Lowe's in an RV? Something doesn't add up there.

Your complaint about season 1 is silly.

Season 4 wasn't good because they suddenly changed the formula. It was good because the persona was unravelling and everything was falling apart in perfect chaos. Season 4 wouldn't have been good without the buildup from the previous 3.

What made BB such a good show for me was that the characters and their development were all believable. Even though at times they were completely aggravating and even infuriating to watch on screen.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
The only one I found credible was bill burrs character, tbh. Everything else was just an archetype.

Ambulance chasing comedic relief Jew lawyer, check. His character development was that he's Irish.
Drug lord villain of the season, in escalating level of power and diminishing levels of psychotic homicidal tendencies, check, that our emotionally repressed unacknowledged genius of an everyman (check) and his shrew wife (check) can overcome with the power of providence and cleverness.

The only one that really broke the mold at all was Jesse. And that's only because they were going to kill him in s1 but realized he was too important to the ratings.

It was a standard daydream power fantasy with very little deviation. It was a comic book, not insightful social commentary. That doesn't mean it was bad. But it wasn't smart, and this talk of character development is delusional. The only one that actually did was Jesse. And again, its because they hadn't planned on keeping him.

Thank god they did. It was in thirds with Walter, Jesse, and Skylar. Half and half with Walter and Skylar would have been horrific.

• 1Picard

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

This is why bad TV watchers that act smug and bitch about stuff annoy me.

5 minutes into the PILOT iannis. Actually like 4:50seconds. This is what they show. See below. That is not even the first 10 minutes of the show....

It was never changed. It was never a Nobel Prize. It was never realized how retarded it was because it was never retarded to begin with. SOMETHING was retarded, but it wasn't that.

Fuck me man they even do a CLOSE UP AND HOLD on the part at the bottom that says "Contributor to Research Awarded the Nobel Prize" and you still managed to get it wrong and run with it.

C'mon bro. Just...c'mon.
UYac3Ae.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still not convinced I should watch BB. Is it half the show the wire was? I really do kind of want to binge it but I just started Bojack Horseman and even though its depressing and slowly turning me into an alcoholic, I'm into it.

Got is apparently legit shooting multiple endings. It is kind of cool though, as it will provide some BUT WHAT IF IT WOULD HAVE ENDED LIKE..... entertainment.

Almost like they know there is no completely satisfying resolution so they are giving themselves an out, as they can fall back on a different version of the ending if the canon one falls flat.

• 1Solidarity

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I hated breaking bad for the same general reason I hated walking dead. I found every second of the family and personal drama to be completely unbearable. Maybe it gets good later on but I could not even make it through season 1.

Kima Greggs arguing with her ugly ass wife was 100000x better than any family drama BB had to offer me.

I might be able to sit through an edit of BB that cuts out every scene that includes any of his family members.

post 666 mark of the beast.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

i made it halfway into season 1 of BB, Wire, and MadMen, nothing hooked me enough keep watching

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users