GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Arya has let to learn what role Jaqen H'ghar and the Faceless Men played in the death of her father and take a torch to the entire House of Black and White.

We've all got our pet arcs we're cheering for.
i dont think we will see jaqen again unless he comes in at the last second to kill arya. arya will find out whatever from cersei.and cersei is a cutie, no way she's a villain. :p

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If all the women survive I'm not sure about the integrity of D&D's commitment to entertainment.

I.E. if Jaqen doesnt kill Arya.

Oldbased

> Than U
If all the women survive I'm not sure about the integrity of D&D's commitment to entertainment.

I.E. if Jaqen doesnt kill Arya.
It's very possible he does. I think it will be part of the ending so to speak but she may outfox even him. I do think Sansa lives 100% Arya I give it 75%. I also think Hound lives as him dying is exactly what he wants anyways and life is cruel like that.
My biggest fear for S8 is the rushing of the end story and that honestly many things and people we witnessed in 7 seasons will not have a ending at all.
What was over a year away is not only 5 months away and time doesn't appear to be slowing down. We'll know soon enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not as worried about them rushing it, they way they're talking about the length of each episode. Also they're spending an average of $15 million per episode, which is just crazy. Also they killed off so many characters in a couple of purges there should be time to get everyone an "ending".

Malakriss

If there was a possible "scrunch" problem leading up to the ending it would be a simpler matter to expand into one more episode if they had needed it. Frankly, the fact that they aren't trying to stretch it into two seasons like a Part 1 + 2 movie split makes me lean in favor of getting a solid finale to the story.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Jaqen was going to kill Arya, he wouldn't have let her leave Braavos in the first place. If there is any further involvement of the Faceless Men in the series (doubtful), it will be Arya returning to them once she no longer has a list of people preventing her from being nobody.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Either jaquen kills her, or she kills him.

I agree it doesn't make story sense, but her story stopped making sense last season. She's a little magic ninja now. That trope ends with either a confrontation or reconciliation with the master.

Maybe she decides fuck it, and becomes a faceless man for real. That would be better. I just don't expect it.

The show got real tropey last season, unfortunately.

• 2Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
She goes to kill Cersei but then Cersei pulls off her own face and BAM it's been Jaqen for a long time now.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

rad

Lord of Guk
What I dont get is how the same show produces the Sand Snake fiasco and also the Mountain and the Viper fight.

If I recall correctly the reason for the shitty quality is due to only having hours to shoot all the scenes in the water garden.

Last edited:

Merrith

Either jaquen kills her, or she kills him.

I agree it doesn't make story sense, but her story stopped making sense last season. She's a little magic ninja now. That trope ends with either a confrontation or reconciliation with the master.

Maybe she decides fuck it, and becomes a faceless man for real. That would be better. I just don't expect it.

The show got real tropey last season, unfortunately.

How did it stop making sense last season? She's back in Westeros after gaining her skills to start killing people left on her list. Clearly Cersei was her big target, until she heard the Starks had retaken Winterfell. I doubt you see her "master" again in the series, unless it's just for fan service at the end.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If I recall correctly the reason for the shitty quality is due to only having hours to shoot all the scenes in the water garden.
as i remember it, there are at least 2 film crews filming scenes for each season. stuff like Blackwater and the Ice Bone skelly raid last season is all A team. while dumb shit like arya running around town with a crazed waif behind her and bronn dancing with sand cuties in the desert is the B team work.

iannis

Musty Nester
How did it stop making sense last season? She's back in Westeros after gaining her skills to start killing people left on her list. Clearly Cersei was her big target, until she heard the Starks had retaken Winterfell. I doubt you see her "master" again in the series, unless it's just for fan service at the end.

Well i mean they did a parkour episode with her after she'd been stabbed in the guts for one. So she's no longer bound by the laws that govern regular humans. She's a magic ninja. So.. magic inexplicable shit can happen and it gets waved off with "but she was wearing the face!" or something equally nonsense.

The revenge angle still makes a little bit of sense. But after what she's been through in the house of black and white? The death god's temple, her training place, that place -- you would think that she's wordly enough now that she's willing to just go murder randoms. Because shit is generally fucked up everywhere and there is probably no such thing as innocence. She's a good little nihilist. But ok, her hatred is stronk and personal. That's not nonsense even, that's still sensible. But then why does her master ignore it, the zen master of assassination, and let his other assassin in training deal with it? Is that really what the entire thing comes down to? Is that how the assassins guild of this fantasy land is actually run? By slapfighting little girls? And that brings us back to the parkour.

They've gone for style over substance with Arya. I'll give them points for the style of it, even. The parkour episode -looked- nice.

It just didn't make a DAMN bit of sense. I can see what they're -going- for, trying to portray some sort of internal struggle. It is my humble opinion that they entirely miss the mark. It's too broad.

I guess as long as someone dies it all serves the Red God? It isn't nuanced or deep, it's just inconsistent -- their portrayal of that death cult. The magic blinds her when PLOT demands it... and lets her effortlessly jack pedobears when PLOT demands it? Well, ok then. The rules change every episode. I'm not raged about it, tbh. It's all in service of "lookit this badass little girl being a badass!". It just doesn't make any sense.

Her stabbidy deathing dudes right in the face is kinda cool though.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

So she's no longer bound by the laws that govern regular humans.

This has been true for a long time with all the Stark kids whose wolves survived have been showing at least some signs of warg powers dreaming about their dire wolves. Not to mention this was already a girl who was stealing faces well before surviving getting stabbed in the gut. Granted, the lady from the play didn't have the instructions to read like Sam to help care for her, but it wasn't like Chuk's open heart surgery example, either.

If Martin ever finishes any more books, I'm sure we'll get the full procedural list for exactly how one becomes a Faceless Man with all the testing and rules for who you have to kill after the fact. Although I'm thinking maybe he puts out one more book tops before he kicks the bucket.

I didn't like the parkour episode either, really. But the whole scenario seemed clear she wasn't ever going to become an official part of their order, she had her list to take care of. Waif girl felt she was undeserving, Jaquen appeared to be testing both. Doesn't bother me either way. She's far more fun making Frey pies back in Westeros and finally killing off that fraud Littlefinger anyways.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
as i remember it, there are at least 2 film crews filming scenes for each season. stuff like Blackwater and the Ice Bone skelly raid last season is all A team. while dumb shit like arya running around town with a crazed waif behind her and bronn dancing with sand cuties in the desert is the B team work.

Correct; however what I'm referring to is they only were permitted to shoot a few hours at that location by the Spanish(?) government, so it was a total rush job regardless of the team running it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Correct; however what I'm referring to is they only were permitted to shoot a few hours at that location by the Spanish(?) government, so it was a total rush job regardless of the team running it.
of course, it was an unimportant scene intended as filler compared to the big picture stuff. my point was the reason you have such a huge division in quality from viper v mountain compared to bronn larping it up with some hotties in spain is mainly that the two crews have different purposes. its also because mountain v viper is spelled out in the books where as bronn and cholas larping is a completely contrived scene not anywhere even remotely close to how that played out in the books. i dunno if the book spoiler rule is still in effect or i would explain it further.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
outside of a few isolated exceptions, the fight choreography has always been pretty substandard. i dont know what everyone is bickering about like its new

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
outside of a few isolated exceptions, the fight choreography has always been pretty substandard. i dont know what everyone is bickering about like its new
I don't know why you'd act like it's not worth bitching about. A show with this budget has no excuse for poor fight choreography.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Looks like the new opening with ice vs fire.

But I'm sure youtube will have 28 hours worth of speculation.