GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The Euron thing could be strategic. A) it provides a cover for the pregnancy vs. it being Jamie's B) Keeps Euron loyal
She's doing to dumb faggot Euron what she did to Robert if she's really pregnant. Same tricks new dicks, bitches never change.

Also, I literally busted out laughing at the ending scene of Bran just staring down Jaime.
That was pretty good. Crippled motherfucker sat there in the cold waiting to stare down that one-handed cripple.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, I'm actually surprised how many people actually think LF was in love with Sansa. It's like we're watching different shows or something. It should be obvious by now that he doesn't actually give a shit about anyone and is simply using everyone as a means to an end. Also, you're going to be in for a surprise because he isn't actually dead as he is almost certainly a faceless man or involved with them in some way. He knows how to make poison. He owns the worlds finest dagger. He knew every time Arya was stalking him. Seems to me like he's a seasoned assassin.

I have a very hard time believing that the person who literally fabricated the vast majority of the plot of the show/books is dead. He is without question the ultimate player of the game. Baelish is given literally just about every single clue imaginable that he's about to be killed/jailed and we're to believe that the man who is pretty much portrayed as the most intelligent and conniving person in the GoT universe wasn't able to see it coming? As soon as Bran blew up his spot when he said chaos is a latter to him, he knew something was up. Then Sansa was turning on him and he knew Brienne and Arya were scowling at him, ready to attack and then Jon chokes him out just like Ned did. Far too many warning signs for him not to have known something was up.

I think Baelish being a faceless one would have been awesome... if he didn't get his throat slit in front of God and everybody. But if they do something like that now, it'd be retarded, they should have done something off camera if they were going this route. And I don't know about anybody else, but I never thought LF was in love with Sansa. He just wanted to fuck her. And then use her as a tool to gain power. It was working too. His downfall (or at least how I saw it) was that he got over confident with Sansa and under estimated her and Arya. His ending was abrupt, and as you outlined, there would have been much cooler ways to play him out as well. I have a feeling that's the fate of pretty much every arc in the series right now as well. I'm actually way more grounded in my tastes and like things to wrap up neatly and even for the "good guy" to win, but at this point save for a crazy out of nowhere ending like Gendry becoming the next King, it looks to be pretty telegraphed.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I wonder why Arya didn't tell John that she is now a Faceless Man? He asked if she used the sword and her answer was once or twice. Then he asked if she was jealous of his sword, all the while she has Bran's attempted murder dagger.

I don't think Arya has actually told anyone, at least not directly. Everyone just sees Arya, a northern girl.

The Faceless are effective assassins because no one (alive) knows their secret besides the order. Even if she isn't part of the order anymore, it doesn't give her any advantage to explain that she has been training with them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
all these cgi dragons, where the wolves be? is the white one and the cripples the only ones alive? i guess Arya's is roaming around too.

Juvarisx

Florida
I don't think Arya has actually told anyone, at least not directly. Everyone just sees Arya, a northern girl.

The Faceless are effective assassins because no one (alive) knows their secret besides the order. Even if she isn't part of the order anymore, it doesn't give her any advantage to explain that she has been training with them.

Sansa knows, and even asked Littlefinger what he knew of them and said Arya is one now. Easy to see why the pair of them would keep that info in their back pocket.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
For me, the hallmark of the first 6 seasons of GoT was the methodical moving of chess pieces, followed by cathartic payoff or shocking tragedy. Season 7 did away with much of that careful unfolding, and now season 8 has started with a full blown "fuck it, we gotta end this fast" and it is starting to feel a liiiiiiittle like the last season of Lost.

For me that wore it's welcome after season 3. It just had all this build up only for the pay off to be a major case of blue balls. I don't mind tragedy and it worked well. Yep, I loved Rob Stark to pieces, but the Red Wedding was still amazing and it was a satisfying end, although very sad and tragic. And you could also go back and point out how the Red Wedding was Rob's fault from the word go. After Blackwater and Red Wedding though, it seems they just did shit for the sake of edge more than actual sense. I still think the whole trial by combat bullshit between the Mountain and the Dornish Prince was akin to a once in a life time blowjob only for the woman to pull away at the last moment and walk away. Joffery's murder was meh to me too, but at least that made sense in the current state that everything was in at the time. Then it just got progressively worse in season 5. The entire Slaver's Bay story line was a whole lot of nothing. And the sparrows just served as a temporary antagonist while everything else got put in place. Although it was a decent catalyst for Cersei to fully take control of King's Landing, so at least some good came of it. But really there was a whole lot of shit or get off the pot there for a while, and they spent so long plodding their way, that they have kind of botched the final chapters as a result (pointing at season 7 for now, but season 8 doesn't have my hopes held high).

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can someone explain to me why a character that's basically a clairvoyant Vulcan gives a shit whether Jon Snow knows his true lineage? Maybe he's holding onto his last vestiges of humanity, blah blah blah. Anyone with even an ounce of humanity does not tell his sister that he saw her get raped.

Is Bran manipulating events to prevent himself from becoming the Night King? Are the writers that smart/stupid?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode was very good. So a good start. Couple of points:

1. A little disappointed we didn't get any undead army/night king/ice dragon this episode.
2. Bronn being sent out to take out Jaime and Tyrion, I actually think it's possible it happens the other way around (Jaime is forced to kill Bronn). Either that or Bronn flips and kills Cersei with the bow.
3. Cersei has a point about the elephants (see Return of the King).
4. Just had to know that executing Randall and Dickon Tarly is going to bite Dany in the ass down the road. Sam could give zero fucks about his father but his brother is a different story.
5. Best line in the episode - They got blue eyes...Tormund - my eyes have always been blue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I'm still thinking the crossbow mission for Bronn is a Cersei plot, but not in the way Bronn expects. Qyburn's offhand comment about the girl with the pox and giving Bronn a bow to kill Tyrion with. I'm still thinking it's a trick. Cersei I don't think is that delusional to think Bronn would actually carry out the assassination mission. Qyburn put some virus/disease in the bow and knows Bronn will bring it north and knows that Tyrion/Jamie will let him hang around. I'm guessing it will be a disease that only affects Dothraki or people from Essos or whatever.

It makes sense. Cersei's goal is to win no matter what. In her mind, the North and the Dead fight it out. By all accounts, it will be a bad battle.

1) If the dead win, then her army buys her time. I'm not sure Cersei 100% believes they could win, but who knows?
2) If the North wins, then she has a foe she knows. Dany's army will have a few main components: The North, the Unsullied, the Dothraki, and the dragons.

For option #2, she knows she has to do something to remove pieces from the chess board. Qyburn's thing is dark shit/diseases/etc. It would totally be in line for him to know of some disease that would impact one population, but not others. The crossbow becomes the smallpox blanket of Game of Thrones. If the show does this, then it would be clever. If the Army of the Dead wins, then the virus means nothing. But if the living win, then the virus can now decimate Dany's army, giving the Golden Company a significant advantage on the battlefield.

• 1Seriously?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bran creepily staring at everyone from his wheelchair is going to be the highlight of this season.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm still thinking the crossbow mission for Bronn is a Cersei plot, but not in the way Bronn expects. Qyburn's offhand comment about the girl with the pox and giving Bronn a bow to kill Tyrion with. I'm still thinking it's a trick. Cersei I don't think is that delusional to think Bronn would actually carry out the assassination mission. Qyburn put some virus/disease in the bow and knows Bronn will bring it north and knows that Tyrion/Jamie will let him hang around. I'm guessing it will be a disease that only affects Dothraki or people from Essos or whatever.

It makes sense. Cersei's goal is to win no matter what. In her mind, the North and the Dead fight it out. By all accounts, it will be a bad battle.

1) If the dead win, then her army buys her time. I'm not sure Cersei 100% believes they could win, but who knows?
2) If the North wins, then she has a foe she knows. Dany's army will have a few main components: The North, the Unsullied, the Dothraki, and the dragons.

For option #2, she knows she has to do something to remove pieces from the chess board. Qyburn's thing is dark shit/diseases/etc. It would totally be in line for him to know of some disease that would impact one population, but not others. The crossbow becomes the smallpox blanket of Game of Thrones. If the show does this, then it would be clever. If the Army of the Dead wins, then the virus means nothing. But if the living win, then the virus can now decimate Dany's army, giving the Golden Company a significant advantage on the battlefield.
no, the crossbow and tyrion is an internet meme
decorate-guess-bathroon-door-tyrion.jpg

so the writers have to jump the shark and go all LOST and shit now, just putting shit in there to appease fans.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I was hoping for a little Mormont to Mormont confrontation. That kid is a badass.

• 2Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
no, the crossbow and tyrion is an internet meme
decorate-guess-bathroon-door-tyrion.jpg

so the writers have to jump the shark and go all LOST and shit now, just putting shit in there to appease fans.
I mean...Tyrion killing his father with a crossbow is a major plot point. I'm pretty sure memes have nothing to do with it.

That said, I agree with Cybsled Cybsled that there is probably more to this plan of hers than we're seeing initially. Then again, there has been some pretty shite writing the last couple seasons.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just had to know that executing Randall and Dickon Tarly is going to bite Dany in the ass down the road. Sam could give zero fucks about his father but his brother is a different story.

This is where Martin's book influences vs. a writing room for television scripts really starts to show. In the already released books Sam loves some parts of his family; however, his father and brother a relentless as to how weak and undeserving the name Tarly he is in their eyes. If the future books played out like the show then Sam may feel sad that they are dead but he would not think of revenge because they were the two cruelest people to him for his entire life. Strangers treated him with more respect. This being TV however, I can totally see Dany dying with the Tarly sword through her stomach as lolRevenge.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sam also took the black. The brothers of the nightwatch are his family now not the tarly's. To go all vengency now especially with the undead army heading their way would be breaking all of his oaths.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Here I thought House Greyjoy has the best banner sigil but the whole time it ended up being the Night king with his burning child upon a starburst of burning human arms.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users