GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
as much as i would like that to be sylvio, i dont think its him, just merely an extra wearing bravosi garb. he isnt even faced toward the waif, probably some dude heading inside.

iannis

Musty Nester
Benjen-Stark-game-of-thrones-32171642-245-300.gif
I mean that's the problem tho. If they hadn't told me that was brand uncle, I wouldn't have ever realized it.

And it doesn't change anything either way. It could have been some random ass ranger or some local dogooder fighting a crusade against the dead for all it matters.

Bringing that character back adds nothing. I mean it has to be someone that rescues those two, sure. But who doesn't seems to matter at all. So that's kinda dumb and throwaway. It's like, hey remember this guy? Yeah. He was cool wasn't he. Yeah. Cool. Ok then. Cool.

A good story doesn't make you think, yeah, so?

Ganthorn

N00b
Hound didn't have a death scene. No one was shown to kill him, he was left very injured andpresumablydied. He certainly would have if Meribald hadn't come across him.

Stannis was killed 'off camera' but they showed Brienne swinging her sword at him. She clearly wouldn't have done that just to hack off his foot or something. I don't get all the speculation that he's somehow still alive. It makes no sense why Brienne would spare him, and then go around telling everyone she specifically killed him. The director of that episode just chose to do it off screen, to leave it more to your imagination. Speculating that there was more hidden meaning is definitely getting into LOST territory. The producers have control over the broad strokes of the show, and will clearly intervene for certain things if they need to, but each episode's director can do things their own way and people read too much into the tiniest detail.

Benjen was never confirmed as killed, he was just MIA for so long everyone assumed he was dead.
Also the Boltons confirmed finding his body

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So it's safe to assume Stannis is alive? Maybe his wife and heir too? How about Shireen? I mean where does it stop, if GRRM wants us to belive Benjen, John Snow, The Mountain, The Hound were all dead only to find out they weren't. What's the sense in writing these stupid fucking death scenes
wasnt stannis cut in his femoral artery in his last scene?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean that's the problem tho. If they hadn't told me that was brand uncle, I wouldn't have ever realized it.

And it doesn't change anything either way. It could have been some random ass ranger or some local dogooder fighting a crusade against the dead for all it matters.

Bringing that character back adds nothing. I mean it has to be someone that rescues those two, sure. But who doesn't seems to matter at all. So that's kinda dumb and throwaway. It's like, hey remember this guy? Yeah. He was cool wasn't he. Yeah. Cool. Ok then. Cool.

A good story doesn't make you think, yeah, so?
Thoros is showing up this season so there is another character for you, oh also Edmure showed up and he hasnt been in the show for multiple season a long with Blackfish

iannis

Musty Nester
Blackfish was in a previous season?

Character sprawl, man. I guess it's better than introducing new ones.

Homsar

This season is bringing back everyone from early episodes

-Forgotten
Edmure
Thoros
Blackfish
Frey
Benjen
Rickon
Osha
Possibly Serio

-DEAD
Snow
Gregor
Sandor
Possibly LSH

Talos

Don't see any problem with bringing back old characters. It's just nice for people who've been watching the show since the beginning, and helps to find some closure, or answers for what happened to them.

Benjen, for example. It's interesting to see that he's still alive, it's a nice connection to the first season, way back when the Starks were still innocent. Look at them now, what a contrast. And he probably still has an important role to play, other than saving Bran and Meera. Why not Benjen?

Imagine if the show ended and we never found out what happened to him. Sure, we could just say he died out beyond the wall. But that's boring, and this is much more interesting.

I'll even go further and say for the books thatColdhands is Benjen. I don't give a fuck what GRRM wrote in those notes. He was probably lying so as to not ruin the reveal later.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This season is bringing back everyone from early episodes

-Forgotten
Edmure
Thoros
Blackfish
Frey
Benjen
Rickon
Osha
Possibly Serio

-DEAD
Snow
Gregor
Sandor
Possibly LSH
not to nitpick, but jon snow was the only on on your list to actually be dead. hound was still alive when we last saw him and mountain was dying until qyburn did his frankenstein experiment on him, i dont think there was ever a point when he was actually dead.

you also forgot a few forgotten people, such as Damphyr, Kevan Lannister and Lem from the BWB

Homsar

This is the spoiler thread so Jon was dead like Sandor, Gregor, Benjen, Syrio....

My guess is Bronn and Brienne dies next season

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if they show a scene of Arya training with Syrio in the previously on Game of Thrones montage tomorrow then we'll know before we even start the episode. These guys are horrible at concealing that stuff.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Wouldn't his name be on the cast list and everyone going crazy like the hound and benjen both were before their return episodes? If he is in the episode I strongly hope that it's just as Arya using his face rather than the character being alive.

Siliconemelons

Syrio could have been JH, it's just not that Syrio was ALWAYS him. Faceless men hear the Syrio is hired by Eddard Stark- they kill him en route and take his place- then those ideas are not so far fetched- no one is saying Syrio always has been a faceless man during his life and service etc.

Edit: well I am sure, someone would say that... I think a youtube explained that they took his place once he became 1st sword for info-politico reasons etc.

Caliane

Serio lived. Went back to Braavos, and sent Faceless men/JH to go find Arya, is a reasonable option.