GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The show has really gone to shit, even if it still has it's entertaining moments. I'll finish the ride, but that's not saying much because I watched the entire first season of Shannara desperately hoping that something halfway decent would tumble out of that rancid mess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The North of the Wall episode is the only real glaring example of fast travel gone too far, IMO. It's a situation that they simply couldn't have survived in if there had been a realistic timeline set with the rules from the early seasons. The rest of the fast travel? Eh, so what if Varys crossed the Narrow Sea twice in what looked like a few days. It wasn't really an urgent situation. Surrounded by an army of undead and the only help you can muster being even multiple days of FLIGHT away tho? Yeah that's just a bit much. And even some of the people that make the show have said in interviews that they probably flubbed things a bit too much in that episode.
they were probably thinking that in LotR, the eagles saved Sam and Frodo at the last minute and meanwhile it could have all been avoided if Gandalf had just given The Ring to Gwaihir and he just flew over to Mt Doom to chuck it in. nobody seemed to mind that so lets have dany swoop in to save the day at the last minute.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
they were probably thinking that in LotR, the eagles saved Sam and Frodo at the last minute and meanwhile it could have all been avoided if Gandalf had just given The Ring to Gwaihir and he just flew over to Mt Doom to chuck it in. nobody seemed to mind that so lets have dany swoop in to save the day at the last minute.

All the plot device to get a dragon to the Night King so he could bring down the Wall with it.

• 1Like

Merrith

You're right Brutul. Mostly my fault. I'm just still shaking my head over "why would you think ravens would be involved?"

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It does say "autistic off season discussion" in the title... I don't click on the baseball thread and then complain about people talking about homeruns or leather gloves or whatever.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I forgot the raven line and therefor I'll be turning in my mediocre television critics badge. I'm sending it in the hands of a local retarded kid who probably maxes out at 2mph in the snow, who will then attach it to a raven to bring it back to headquarters. We're all out of the supersonic variety, so all-in-all expect it to arrive sometime in April

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Gurrm specifically compared the size of Westeros to South America, so 4,000 miles is a better benchmark than 2,000 miles. That episode was fucking retarded.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The raven has arrived (fucking magic!) and all it has attached to is a picture

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 6 tonight. Fuck, loved it.

Daenerys reveals that she's Khaleesi to the rival Khal after being captured.
Cersei continues scheming for (???)
Tyrion and Varys decide to play the common man and learn what they can about the city to properly rule it. Also flush out the organizer of the Sons of the Harpy.
Arya learns how to fight while blind, then regains her sight.
Jon Snow is resurrected by the red witch.
Bolton is killed by Ramsey, who then feeds his new brother & steep mother to the hounds.
Euron throws Balon from the rope bridge.
Sansa and Theon are captured by Ramsey's hound forces, but they are killed by Brienne of Tarth. She follows Sansa from this point on.
Ramsey receives Rickon is delivered to Ramsey by one of his outside battlers.

And all of that happened in only the first 3 episodes. Damn, loved it! I'm only a season and a half from finishing now.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Perhaps if Dany had a cool catch phrase like "Roll Out" and 80's music existed in Westeros, it would make a little more sense to have the traveling montage.

Or they could have had Tyrion explain the movements on their model map beforehand and assumed people had the barest bit of intelligence to put it together. Hmmm...

daenerys-map-dragonstone.png
Agreed, time jumping and assorted complaints are sort of trivial. Beyond the Wall and the iron fleet are two examples where the bitching is warranted. The show's stark, straightforward approach is not without its drawbacks but is preferable to tangential, overwrought nerd shit. The show is less tidy but it gets rid of the chaff and some of the books' lousy meandering parts in many instances.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where do whores go?

Glad that shit wasn't included to the point it was in the books. Sad times when I'm looking forward to Sansa chapters instead of Tyrion.

Sterling

El Presidente
Where do whores go?

Glad that shit wasn't included to the point it was in the books. Sad times when I'm looking forward to Sansa chapters instead of Tyrion.
Would rather have had that than the travesty of what they did to Dorne and the Ironborn in the show.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"Hey guys, we managed to cast an amazing actor in the role of Doran Martell. What should we do with the character?"

"Fuck all"

"Give this man a raise!"

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The "build be a thousand ships" thing was obviously an exaggeration. In Season 4 when Dany steals an enemy navy, Ser Barristan says that those 93 ships could carry 9,300 men. 100 men per ship, are we really to believe that the Iron Island has 100,000 men to man all those ships? They needed maybe 50-100 ships max, not 1000.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, tonight I watched episode's 4 & 5 of the 6th season. Whew, that's good shit.

Arya continues to improve. She has her sight back, and was given the task of killing the woman that plays Cersei in the play. Meanwhile she's still battling the other girl that's a slave for the many face'd god.
Baelish organized an army of River Run soldiers to go protect Sansa She said "no thx k bie"
Ramsay kills the wildling chick that was helping Bran, then Rickon.
Holdor went full blown "Hold the Door!" as he dies.
The 3-Eyed Raven dies from the Night King after Bran accidentally shows him where they are.
Those Dryad looking girls are the ones that created the White Walkers in the first place to stop people from killing the Ancient tree.
Sansa & Jon meet up and plan their siege on Winterfel.
The Tyrell army is going to attack King's Landing to hopefully prevent Margaery from taking the same shame walk as Cersei.

Things are going pretty well.

Merrith

I kind of hate everyone that gets to binge watch the show up to this point. I mean it's great, I'm sure it's an amazing ride...but fuck you all.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The best thing about this show is that it will be over soon and this thread will finally die.

The worst thing about this show is that it will be over soon and astro's full retardation will be unleashed upon other threads.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I kind of hate everyone that gets to binge watch the show up to this point. I mean it's great, I'm sure it's an amazing ride...but fuck you all.
I've been watching since the FIRST episode aired many years ago. I remember sitting in a hospital getting an IV steriod infusion and re-watching the first 3 episodes (they were the only 3 that aired at that point) to pass the time. I'm just binging in preparation for the final season, because every year I buy the bluray release. I have the original season 1 bluray with George Bush's head on a spike.

• 1Like