GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jaime and Tyrion both will survive: They still have to have a meeting with Bronn and Joffreys crossbow.

Maybe Jaime dies and Bronn meets up with just Tyrion, but I imagine it will be both. HBO ham handed that one in there.

Brienne is dead. She has peaked in her story and will die a Knight and a Hero.The truest knight westeros has left.

Jorah and Grey worm are both dead. This will crush Dany. Most of her Army will be dead leaving her weak and with only mental advisors, no military arm.

Beric and Tormund will die. They serve no future story purpose and Tormund will be the big gut punch we all dont want.

Theon is for sure dead finally finishing his redemption.

All the minors will die. Mormont Girl, Royce Man, Pod, Edd, Gendry. Goodbye.

Shit will go badly, Bran will be captured or killed. Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Varys, Hound, Jaime, Missandei and Sam will flee to the Iron Islands. No other reason they would introduce that arc.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
One thing I thought was a little weak was that noone said anything to the plan for Theon and the ironborn to protect Bran.

Like, they accepted that the Night's King is coming solely for Bran in the Godswood, but your plan to defend Bran is fucking Theon and his ragtag ship's crew? Someone, anyone, should have put a hold on that and dedicated a little more resources to this part of the plan.

To be fair, outside of Theon being a fag, the Iron Born are usually legit bad asses and great warriors. My math is not the greatest, but they are probably worth at least 2 men from bear island, and therefor like 20 northerners each.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No other reason they would introduce that arc.

I'd say it's far more likely that Yara retaking the Iron Islands is just a throwaway to get rid of the character after Theon rescues her. Or maybe Euron goes full retard when he finds out what Yara did and teleports his fleet away from King's Landing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Night king is not the end boss.

The series probably ends with a repeat.
Dany, Jon, Jamie, and Brienne in the throne room. Jamie is sitting on the throne, with his sisters blood on this sword. This time the "Stark" does sit the throne.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
i'm kind of hoping for a Chain of Dogs type retreat from Winterfell complete with a main character getting sacrificed outside the gates of Kings Landing. Not enough time in the show for this but maybe the books will come through.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i think it's pretty obvious that jaime will be the queenslayer. the kingslayer title was an odd thing, because it was something he was commanded to do by his family, for his family but it brought him a huge amount of shame because of the oath he took as a kingsguard to protect the king. he never made a public oath to protect cersei, but i imagine he promised her he would several times in private. he'll break that oath and be made a public hero. he'll end the lannister/baratheon line of rule and restore the targaryon line.

jaime was proud of being the kingslayer, even though it cost him his honor, but he'll be decimated by being the queenslayer, even though it restores his honor. his whole journey has been about subconsciously restoring his honor at any cost. killing the queen is that cost.

also it's been made EXTREMELY clear that the people of winterfell hold grudges and are extremely xenophobic. even in episode 1 when robert (who was best friend's with ned) and his family came, people were really uneasy. it wasn't just because royalty was there. now add to the fact that over the course of the show, winterfell has been sieged, allies have abandoned them, outsiders murdered half the starks publicly... winterfell just doesn't trust ANYONE anymore. if you weren't born in winterfell, you are a potential threat.

edit: i also think it's pretty clear that the night king took a significant army south to king's landing. if the night king can see through the eyes of all of his undead army, then he would have seen the conversation all the leaders had with cersei where she promised to send an army. so the night king is going to route that army before it even becomes an issue. euron's fleet will be worthless against an undead dragon.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The Jon v. Dany dieing debate had me thinking, has any major show had the balls to kill off a strong female protagonist lead character? I honestly cannot think of any.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dany dies. Jon conquers the 7 kingdoms and marries Sansa to ensure the north never bends the knee again. Everyone is disappointed and grossed out. George r.r. Martin finally climaxes with the amount of tears providing sufficient lubricant for him to finish to his latest incest fantasy.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what is this absolute fucking horseshit of a season? Even less happened than in the first episode. Arya got dicked down and that's about it. Emilia can't act. That gasp was straight out of a daytime soap opera. GoT is a pile of garbage now

• 3EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I would put money on no Night King standing there to close out the episode will turn out to be a very big thing. They love closing episodes with him standing there ominously.

Night King is just Melisandre in her final form.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i sort of imagine the writers all sitting in a room yelling at each other about who gets to kill whom.

"Arya made a kill list! Cersei killed her father!" "Jaime needs to kill Cersei to complete his redemption arc! Arya doesn't need to kill anyone else for her arc, she already killed everyone at the red wedding!" "FUCK YOU SOUTHERN CUNTS, TORMUND KILLS EVERYONE!"

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I hope the NK does not die next episode, or at all. I'd like to see the season end with a few survivors fleeing to Essos, and maybe bear/iron islands etc. Arya kill NK dragon so he cant follow.

plz kill danny

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How's Arya going to peel his face properly with truckloads of wights all around?
the same way she peeled the Frey woman's face, whatever is convenient to the plot. I'm not saying this will happen, i'm just saying try to think of other possibilities. the Valonquir prophecy will be fulfilled. depends on how.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
the same way she peeled the Frey woman's face, whatever is convenient to the plot. I'm not saying this will happen, i'm just saying try to think of other possibilities. the Valonquir prophecy will be fulfilled. depends on how.
The show's made a point to illustrate that taking a face is a process, not just a quick cut and run. For the Frey girl, she could've taken that body wherever quietly, or performed it in the girl's home, whatever. It'd be retarded for Arya to pull a face in the heat of battle.

You're right, the writers would do that probably.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Arya was trying to find out details about the undead. She is going to ninja her way to the NK dressed as a wight and peg him with her new weapon.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The show's made a point to illustrate that taking a face is a process, not just a quick cut and run. For the Frey girl, she could've taken that body wherever quietly, or performed it in the girl's home, whatever. It'd be retarded for Arya to pull a face in the heat of battle.

You're right, the writers would do that probably.
it doesnt have to be in the heat of battle, it could be after, when Jaime or Tyrion is on a slab. this battle is just a warmup to the finale. i think the WWs get no further than Winterfell and the survivors all band together against Cersei at KL. they already hinted that if NK is killed the other WW will just collapse. this show is called Game of Thrones, there is still game left to play. not gonna be much story left if Dany or Jon die. they need their army too to get down and breach KL. or a certain girl with a kill list who knows the secret way in and out of KL finishes Cersei when she thinks victory is at hand.