GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
FFS, weapons don't have serrations because they are a help when you saw and a hindrance when you aren't. Sawing requires time and stability, which you don't have in a fight. Thus you see serrations on tools (time), and don't see them on weapons (no time).

I hate myself for even having to post this.

I wouldn't expect serrations to do much good for drag, either.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

From the Mughal Empire.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Bildergebnis für aztec weapon
Aztecs did it right. Multifunctional weapon. You can kill your enemies, eat your steak or give your kids a paddlin.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i am surprised they didn't have some more eyecandy projectiles
some giant bolas and shit like that

The only reason Euron's ballista didn't also have a rope attached to the projectile to reel the dragon back in, so he could single-handedly carry the whole dragon through king's landing right into the Red Keep on his back was that it would have cost too much of those precious CGI moneys, which are in short supply for a show that no longer needs to retain its viewers.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I'm so pissed off about Melisandre's ghost baby assassin, it should of been chucky how can a women birth a ghost, Dragons fire does not melt steel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I expect tonight's episode will be batshit crazy on at least some level. Taking bets on just how bonkers it will be. Might have a bingo card for viewing party.
My guesses:

Episode 5:
  • Filler episode where Jon sits in a siege outside King's Landing and people talk to him about being King and he thinks about being King.
  • Arya infiltrates the city with The Hound and is immediatly cornered/captured and put into Cleganebowl.
  • Dany spends half the episode turning into Mad Queen but badly acted and half the episode flying around hunting Euron and beats his balistas solo by flying high into the sun so they can't see her.
  • Shock ending when Dany (still in rage mode) and Cersei (cornered by Arya) simultaneously burn down King's Landing with dragonfire and wildfire. Everyone is shocked.
Episode 6:
  • Yara Greyjoy will turn up with another 1000 fully crewed ships to save the day with an army either from The Reach/Dorne or the grateful people of Slaver's Bay led by Daario.
  • Sansa shows up with a girlpower second army to save the day with Northern women/wildlings or Vale/Riverlands forces.
  • Possible triple threat battle.
  • Jamie kills Cersei. Jon kills Dany. Jon dies of a broken heart.
  • Gendry sits the Iron Throne, but he uses his smith skills to melt it into two so Arya can sit too.
  • Bronn kills Tyrion in shock ending, Jamie kills Bronn.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
if they had steel , would they have used it?

Yes. They made their weapons in that fashion because they simply weren't capable of manufacturing proper weapons, and so had to make do with literally just attaching shit to a piece of wood. Using the aztecs as an example of useful weapon designs is like using India as an example of sewage management.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes. They made their weapons in that fashion because they simply weren't capable of manufacturing proper weapons, and so had to make do with literally just attaching shit to a piece of wood. Using the aztecs as an example of useful weapon designs is like using India as an example of sewage management.
yes, that was my point, they put flint or obsidian in clubs not because they looked cool or were interested in sawing their enemies in half, its literally all they had.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you guys are amazing historians. please tell me where i can buy your books.

any country with ample amounts of metal used some variation of metal armor (chainmail, splint, etc). even the romans with their lack of strong smelting ability made extremely strong use of small pieces of metal (lorica segmentata, gladius, etc). countries that DIDN'T rely on metals, used all kinds of serrated weapons because it was superior at cutting and tearing leather.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

any country with ample amounts of metal used some variation of metal armor (chainmail, splint, etc). even the romans with their lack of strong smelting ability made extremely strong use of small pieces of metal (lorica segmentata, gladius, etc). countries that DIDN'T rely on metals, used all kinds of serrated weapons because it was superior at cutting and tearing leather.

So, completely irrelevant to any discussion involving GoT where even the Mongol and German tribal type peoples had advanced smithed weapons, despite not using armour?

And serrated weapons were not superior at dealing with leather armour as a normal styled weapon could still cut through leather with enough force on top of being able to pierce through it when stabbing. For serrated weapons to be better at dealing with leather, you'd have to be sawing at the armour, which takes time and a lack of opposition.

You don't need to be a fucking historian to realize this shit. It's basic common sense.

And your idea of societies with access to armour doesn't account for the fact that there were no armies completely comprised of people wearing leather armour as that shit was as expensive and difficult to make for them as full plate was for the others. They fought mostly wearing nothing but their personal clothing, same as the peasants that comprised much of the European armies did before standing armies took over.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U

You can find mine on google.com. The book is called Instant Armchairs.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Leather armor was expensive and pretty shit anyway. Bladed weapons and stabbing weapons are good at cutting/piercing skin, flesh and even bones. That's what friggin leather armor is. You'd get better protection at a fraction of the cost by layering a bunch cotton, linen or whatever. Hell, armor plates made of wood would offer much better protection than leather. Looks great on tv tho.