GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
LOL he was CLEARLY trying to poison her. It's not even up for debate
well i have seen several different takes on it, there was no poison CLEARLY offered. i assumed it was poison too, but since the little girl was never caught and varys only deals in info, he wouldnt send one of his little birds to do the deed, he would just do it himself. we will never know. the show sort of just forgot about that whole aspect.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In the scene I posted people are telling her to burn KL to the ground and strangle the life from Cersei at this moment. She refuses.

That is what makes the turn so frustrating. The writers have been leading us AWAY from the mad queen not toward it. For several seasons.

And instead of her going mad right away when it all starts crumbling down she waits until she has achieved absolute victory. KL is hers, the surrender bells sound she has achieved her goal and the iron throne is there to sit upon. And only then does she actually lose her mind. It's jarring, which is the point. That scene loses a lot of its potency because it's bewildering. It was written that way for shock value. It's shallow and unsatisfying.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, people *did* see what happened in episodes 4 and 5, and those got 6.1 and 6.7 rating.

Exactly, while I personally think all 3 had major problems, I could understand why many just show watchers who had decent TV's didn't have as much of a problem with episode 3.

Jive Turkey

Karen
well i have seen several different takes on it, there was no poison CLEARLY offered. i assumed it was poison too, but since the little girl was never caught and varys only deals in info, he wouldnt send one of his little birds to do the deed, he would just do it himself. we will never know. the show sort of just forgot about that whole aspect.

There's no debate. he was trying to poison her. Full stop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Keep cherry picking to support your idea instead of looking at everything we were shown and told.

EVERYTHING we were shown and told is that she has a predilection for scorched earth. her advisers have to find creative ways convince her NOT to. that doesn't mean she's ALWAYS in burn it down mode. it means that when push comes to shove that's her go to.

do you notice that when her advisers urge her to be more compassionate, and she does, and the plan doesn't work out that great, she tells her advisers that THEY FAILED her. her argument ISN'T that like, cersei is a terrible person and uses innocents as meat shields, she blames her advisers for convincing her to be more tempered in her response.

• 1Like

j00t

There's no debate. he was trying to poison her. Full stop.

when the episode aired i had NOOOO idea what that whole scene was about. granted i was a little distracted by a couple real life things going on at that exact moment... i just didn't get who they were talking about or why or anything. then afterwards when someone said varys was trying to poison dany, i was like OOOOH yeah that makes perfect sense. of course he was trying to poison her.

• 1Like

Khane

EVERYTHING we were shown and told is that she has a predilection for scorched earth. her advisers have to find creative ways convince her NOT to. that doesn't mean she's ALWAYS in burn it down mode. it means that when push comes to shove that's her go to.

do you notice that when her advisers urge her to be more compassionate, and she does, and the plan doesn't work out that great, she tells her advisers that THEY FAILED her. her argument ISN'T that like, cersei is a terrible person and uses innocents as meat shields, she blames her advisers for convincing her to be more tempered in her response.

In the scene I linked half the room was urging her to crucify the lannisters and burn KL. She was stalwart and resolute in saying she would not. This conversation is fruitless. You keep moving the goalposts and ignoring contradictory evidence straight from the show itself.

Khane

when the episode aired i had NOOOO idea what that whole scene was about. granted i was a little distracted by a couple real life things going on at that exact moment... i just didn't get who they were talking about or why or anything. then afterwards when someone said varys was trying to poison dany, i was like OOOOH yeah that makes perfect sense. of course he was trying to poison her.

I missed it completely too. It was one of the few scenes in recent seasons that actually had the nuance you were speaking of earlier and I missed it because I had gotten used to the writers smacking us in the face with overt dialogue. I didn't realize it was even a possibility until I came here and read people talking about it.

• 1Like

j00t

In the scene I linked half the room was urging her to crucify the lannisters and burn KL. She was stalwart and resolute in saying she would not. This conversation is fruitless. You keep moving the goalposts and ignoring contradictory evidence straight from the show itself.

i'm not moving anything. that scene was made specifically so that audience would see that her coin is still flipping in the air. she is CAPABLE of being a good ruler, the question is whether or not she WILL be.

j00t

I missed it completely too. It was one of the few scenes in recent seasons that actually had the nuance you were speaking of earlier and I missed it because I had gotten used to the writers smacking us in the face with overt dialogue. I didn't realize it was even a possibility until I came here and read people talking about it.

honestly, i think that's exactly what it was. i think most of us have just gotten so used to being told what is happening instead of trying to figure out silent motives

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw what was coming because of the hamfisted plot "developments" in episodes 4 and 5. You acting like you knew this was coming since season 5 and acting like the rest of us are just blind is ridiculous.

I always thought Dany would burn down Kings Landing, I just didnt think it would be full of civilians. A lot has been made of "who would sit on the throne", so I figured she would melt the throne down.

Jive Turkey

Karen
That scene supports your point?

Yes. She was leaning on her council. Her council FAILED her. She was being pushed by Lady Tyrell and Yara to go with the instincts she's shown since the beginning of the show to burn the city to the ground (instincts that you just admitted she showed with the Dorthraki). So the very people who have been advising her and reeling her in have failed miserably. She has said that countless times. If you think this scene exists to show her benevolency and not her misplaced trust in her advisers, you're not doing a very good job of picking up on the entire purpose of the scene

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even the video you posted supports our point. How did that plan work out? Who was right in that scene?

Technically Tyrion was right to have Jaime go in to ring the bell. The Lannister army had surrendered. The dragon put in a little work but they were likely always going to have to against the Iron Fleet. There was no need to completely "unleash the dragon/s (obviously there's only one left when ep 5 happens but when the convo happened there were still 3) on King's Landing" as they're suggesting. Makes no sense for her to lose it after she'd won.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Honestly this was probably the best thing to take away from this abomination of a final season.

• 1Like