GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was an honest question. I don't think it was every mentioned in the show and I'm not a Book Reader™. Is it cyclical?

Well in the book there is no Night King (yet), so it's possible that there is no hivemind trope to exploit. Instead there are "Others", which came across a lot like unseelie fae to me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Szlia

What did Bran really do, though? His "trials and tribulations" consisted of him sitting there while other people did the actual work. His only contributions were a few lines of dialogue
He sure had help, but he also did a lot of worg'ing and learning and leading (he is the one who chose to follow what seemed to be his destiny by going north past the wall, he could have nope'd). And while passive, surviving 4 assassination attempts (with one acting as bait on purpose) makes for a nice story. Just don't tell too much details about how Bran can see anything that anyone ever did in the past lest you want the story to become a lot less palatable!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He sure had help, but he also did a lot of worg'ing and learning and leading (he is the one who chose to follow what seemed to be his destiny by going north past the wall, he could have nope'd). And while passive, surviving 4 assassination attempts (with one acting as bait on purpose) makes for a nice story. Just don't tell too much details about how Bran can see anything that anyone ever did in the past lest you want the story to become a lot less palatable!
i'd think he'd be the most scariest fucking guy, second only to his sister, whom has the fame of killing the night king (and then going, oh yea, you know that Frey Clan? all me). While Arya has to stealth and backstab you, or maybe puts on your daughters face mask and slit your throat, Bran can just Worg into you and jump off a cliff. Bran could be like "maester builder, go install that Eyrie death door in the castle, and if i don't like em, i'll warg em into it". That lazy bitch coulda Worg'd into greyworm and slit his own throat "threaten my only brother, will you!!!"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The last 2 seasons were so fucking bad, it kinda ruined the whole thing for me. I mostly blame GRRM for never finishing any of the books, which would've obviously given way better source material for D&D to draw from.

If someone has already mentioned this, I apologize, but to me a better ending would've been:
Jon kills Dany, he is taken prisoner. The council meets to select a new king or queen (not fucking Bran), and the Starks and other noble lords demand Jon be released. The Unsullied and Dothraki refuse to release him, saying he must pay for killing their queen. The other noble lords swear there will be war if he is not released. The Unsullied and Dothraki say, "bring it on, we're not letting him go." Tyrion speaks with Jon, tells him the situation, Jon agrees to be executed to prevent any more bloodshed, gives his family a final farewell, and tells them they must not retaliate in any way, and that this will finally put an end to the bloodshed. Jon sacrifices himself, essentially becoming the Christ figure of the story, and does his duty to keep the peace, and pay for his crime of killing his queen.

Is it perfect? No, but it's a fuck ton better than the giant pile of shit they dropped on our Sunday evening plate.

Or he could just say fuck all you cockless bastards I have a better claim, she was psycho so I ended her, I’m your king now so stfu.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I really hope this person really takes a hard look at their life after typing this. Shit if you even read it you should really ask yourself if you're making the best use of your time.

• 3Seriously?
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
yes . Why do they need to spell everything out? Good writing doesn't mean filling in every blank. A somewhat open-ended, yet heavily implied ending is just what was needed for Jon.
they didn't have him watch the gate shut just for shits and giggles. There's obvious intent behind shots like that
Isn't it basically the same shot from when he first goes out on patrol with the rangers?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Them complaining about snow falling in the last episode then being warm in the other half...I took all the white stuff falling as ash, not snow.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really hope this person really takes a hard look at their life after typing this. Shit if you even read it you should really ask yourself if you're making the best use of your time.
How would you know if you didn't read it?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drogon letting Jon be his new master would have been badass, as it would have kind of forced Jon to take some sort of power and changed the entire dynamic of the show and would have been much more interesting.

Its crazy when you think about how many different ways it could of been better at the end. Almost anything would have been better. Like I said Woolygimp's script would have been superior.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know it's several pages of complaints about a TV show that is no longer on the air. That's enough.

You do realize that there are hundreds of posts doing exactly what you just said in this thread, and you’re reading them? Why are you in this thread at all if this is your stance?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users