GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never been trolled so hard by a TV show as with this episode.

Dammit
The Starks was the reason I watched the show. Now that they are pretty much wiped out, why should I watch this any more? I'm not tuning in just for Khaleesi.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck you, you evil sadistic motherfucker. Last night, I saw the most screwed up scene on TV ever. What's the point in building up characters, just to kill them off?

I hope that one day, you have a daughter that is going to be married, and that you have a Red Wedding all of your own!

I just threw my TV in the fireplace.

In, short, go fuck yourself. I'm not watching your stupid little show, I'm not going to read your books, and I'm not going to watch HBO any more.

Fuck all y'all.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, for all the hype building to it, it was a very good episode. Not great (I'm not sure anything comes close to Blackwater in S2), some things just felt off. RW didn't have quite the impact as in the books but I guess that's my fault for reading the books. Once Talisa announced she was pregnant you know she wasn't long for this world or that would have major story implications not seen in the book. How they offed her was pretty rough though.

What I found interesting was at one point, when Robb goes to Talisa, it's like all the fighting stops. If I can remember from the books, it was pretty chaotic throughout that scene (including Greatjon with the leg of lamb and flipping the table to protect Robb). Too bad Grey Wind went down like a bitch, would of been nice for him to tear shit up a little but budget constraints and all. I think that's what bothers me most about the show, is that it's so budget restricted at times that it takes away from the show as a whole, which is a shame because then you got shit like Walking Dead which gets a huge budget but the writers can't write scenes worth a damn.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My only real complaint is the lack of the Arya cliffhanger. As good as the ending was with the double throatsplosion and fade to black, I can't help but mourn for the insane vitriol we would have gotten if they ended the episode by having the Hound, who has to be a real fan favorite at this point, "murder" Arya Stark.

edit: The relevent passage.

Book_sl said:
"My brother."

"Dead," he shouted back at her. "Do you think they'd slaughter his men and leave him alive?" He turned his head back toward the camp. "Look. Look, damn you."

The camp had become a battlefield. No, a butcher's den. The flames from the feasting tents reached halfway up the sky. Some of the barracks tents were burning too, and half a hundred silk pavilions. Everywhere swords were singing. And now the rains weep o'er his hall, with not a soul to hear. She saw two knights ride down a running man. A wooden barrel came crashing onto one of the burning tents and burst apart, and the flames leapt twice as high. A catapult, she knew. The castle was flinging oil or pitch or something.

"Come with me." Sandor Clegane reached down a hand. "We have to get away from here, and now."

Stranger tossed his head impatiently, his nostrils flaring at the scent of blood. The song was done. There was only one solitary drum, its slow monotonous beats echoing across the river like the pounding of some monstrous heart. The black sky wept, the river grumbled, men cursed and died. Arya had mud in her teeth and her face was wet. Rain. It's only rain. That's all it is. "We're here," she shouted. Her voice sounded thin and scared, a little girl's voice. "Robb's just in the castle, and my mother. The gate's even open."

There were no more Freys riding out. I came so far. "We have to go get my mother."

"Stupid little bitch." Fires glinted off the snout of his helm, and made the steel teeth shine. "You go in there, you won't come out. Maybe Frey will let you kiss your mother's corpse."

"Maybe we can save her."

"Maybe you can. I'm not done living yet." He rode toward her, crowding her back toward the wayn. "Stay or go, she-wolf. Live or die. Your-"

Arya spun away from him and darted for the gate. The portcullis was coming down, but slowly. I have to run faster. The mud slowed her, though, and then the water. Run fast as a wolf. The drawbridge had begun to lift, the water running off it in a sheet, the mud falling in heavy clots. Faster. She heard loud splashing and looked back to see Stranger pounding after her, sending up gouts of water with every stride. She saw the longaxe too, still wet with blood and brains. And Arya ran. Not for her brother now, not even for her mother, but for herself. She ran faster than she had ever run before, her head down and her feet churning up the river, she ran from him as Mycah must have run.

His axe took her in the back of the head.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The Starks was the reason I watched the show. Now that they are pretty much wiped out, why should I watch this any more? I'm not tuning in just for Khaleesi.
Don't lie to yourself, you're watching this shit next week and in a year.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My only real complaint is the lack of the Arya cliffhanger. As good as the ending was with the double throatsplosion and fade to black, I can't help but mourn for the insane vitriol we would have gotten if they ended the episode by having the Hound, who has to be a real fan favorite at this point, "murder" Arya Stark.
I don't see how you would properly convey that on the screen to get the same desired effect. Maybe have the camera on Arya's face and then see something crashing down on her head and then go the black? I'm sure the internet would probably go even more apeshit than it is now.

I don't get the complaining either. It's ironic it's now 'we get attached to characters and they kill them off' when one of my bigger complaints is how the show has not allowed you to get attached to anyone. I don't think the show properly set up the RW in previous episodes, Catelyn is basically a side character in the show, not a POV character as she was in the books. I get the reaction when Ned died because the show basically headlined the actor but that didn't happen with Robb or Catelyn.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Honestly, with how they are portraying Sandor on the show, particularly the scene with him and Arya in this episode(after he knocks that dude out), it would have felt very odd for him to suddenly murder her. Though I guess after the ridiculous of the wedding, the viewers would fall for anything.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Fuck you, you evil sadistic motherfucker. Last night, I saw the most screwed up scene on TV ever. What's the point in building up characters, just to kill them off?

I hope that one day, you have a daughter that is going to be married, and that you have a Red Wedding all of your own!

I just threw my TV in the fireplace.

In, short, go fuck yourself. I'm not watching your stupid little show, I'm not going to read your books, and I'm not going to watch HBO any more.

Fuck all y'all.
Rustle level, Max!

Don't feel bad, we have all been through it.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
If you were watching this show just for Rob, his mom, and boring wife you're doing it wrong.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I hated Catelyn, she annoyed the fuck out of me. But when Robb was about to die and she was screaming, man she pulled that off.

It makes me wonder if they acted on their own or if a Lannister is truly behind this. Seems like a dishonorable act to kill the leader of an army in such a way. Someone is going to be pissed in King's Landing.

Little does everyone know the most powerful person in the land is a crippled boy. Can't wait to see where he goes with those powers.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_28011.jpg

rrr_img_28011.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So many butt hurt people at work today. They are all mad at me since I'm the one who told them to watch this show in the first place. HAHAHAHA

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I wasnt really rustled by this. Killing Omar in The Wire rustled me more than the Red Wedding

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
That was intense, episode was well done. Even as a reader they managed to get a ton of suspense going in the lead up, although I think they laid it on a little thick with Robb & wife lady talking about the baby etc, but the unusual bright & happy vibe must have thrown people off in a really subtle way, preparing them for the 'oh fuck' moment when Rains of Castamere to kick in. As someone else said, preggers lady getting stabbed multiple times in the stomach with a full frontal view was hardcore, even for a series like this on HBO.

I really felt for Arya too
frown.png
she was so close!

I also thought the guy who's playing Daario pulls it off well, though he's a bit more likeable and a bit less slimy than he was in the books. His fighting style is awesome too, he really does pull off the whole 'artist with a blade' schtick perfectly.

frown.png