GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

spronk

FPS noob
I did end up rewatching all 3 seasons (on season 3 now), it took a few tries to get through episode 1 weirdly enough but then I just couldn't stop watching. Season 2 was definitely weak, while some good parts I had to fast forward through all the Robb + DoctorWife and Tyrion + Shae dialogues, both just dragged so badly and really brought down the season. Season 3 is pretty kickass though.

If you didn't see the 2013 Emmy Panel, it was the Target season 2 bluray disc extra and pretty good

pretty pumped now, can't wait for season 4, cuz in two days WINTER IS COMING

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well.. not really. I mean Winter is coming but that's book 6, maybe. The Winds of Winter could just be the true "Winter is on its way for real guys" book.. They keep saying that shit but everyone will be dead by the time it gets there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe "winter is coming" means the end of the story. we dont get to see the winter, because everyone gets killed by Others. danerys and the dragons couldnt or would not stop shit and nobody knew the secret of repelling them because all knowledge was lost or repressed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it started showing shitloads in winterfell , but winter hasnt taken effect south of it yet. the Others have not arrived in westeros yet either.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The Others arriving doesn't necessarily mean that Winter hasn't arrived. They don't just pop up and destroy shit every time Winter comes around, people haven't seen them in centuries.

The white raven or whatever appeared in King's Landing. That means Winter is here.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
The White Raven just means the Maesters of Oldtown have decreed that Summer is over. There's a whole other season between Summer and Winter.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The White Raven just means the Maesters of Oldtown have decreed that Summer is over. There's a whole other season between Summer and Winter.
No, it means that Winter has begun.

A Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons are set during Autumn (er do you guys call it Fall?). This is specifically stated with events like The Riverlands flooding and people saying that they are wary of travelling by sea.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You are referring to a different white raven, one that arrived at Dragonstone during the second book. In the same book another white raven is sent to Winterfell bringing word of Autumn beginning.

White raven - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

Kevan arrives at the Maester's chambers and enters to find a White raven sitting on the window ledge...a sign from the Citadel that winter has come.