GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I have no idea how you guys watched this as it came out. I only wanted to watch 2-3 episodes then some more tomorrow, I think I'm starting episode 9 now as I can't put it away.

Also, I really like the map thing in the intro, dunno why but I find it very cool.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea how you guys watched this as it came out. I only wanted to watch 2-3 episodes then some more tomorrow, I think I'm starting episode 9 now as I can't put it away.

Also, I really like the map thing in the intro, dunno why but I find it very cool.
A lot of people do, the intro won an Emmy. (So did Pete Dinklage~)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The clockwork into is almost steampunk. It's very thought provoking. It keeps me still thinking scifi elements are going to enter the story before the end.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The clockwork into is almost steampunk. It's very thought provoking. It keeps me still thinking scifi elements are going to enter the story before the end.
I could only imagine the trolling....

5So9Ybc.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Read what I said. I said BRIENNE wouldn't kill Jaime. I don't know if Jaime is going to live or not, but its fairly obviously Brienne won't kill him.

Certainly your argument that "she said sword, so she is going to kill him" is fucking stupid.
Please quote where I said "she is going to kill Jaime".

I'll wait.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So just got through watching both season 1 and season 2 on Blu-Ray again. I know I said it on the old boards and got grilled for it, but watching them back to back makes it clearer than ever how much better season 1 was than the second. The pacing/writing just felt "off" to me in the second one, and I really hope that it picks back up and is similar to the quality of the first season. Not even mentioning the deviations from the books (which are another deal entirely), but the actual writing and episode arcs seem much less "tight".

That said, Blackwater looked as amazing as I remembered it looking in HD with my speakers bumpin'. Still great television, but there is certainly room for improvement. Pumped for the next season.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
After finishing Season 1, I was really pleased with the whole thing honestly. I already knew the places and people and the stories, which made me hesitant to watch some parts, I think it is around episode 6 or 7 when I hit the point where I knew "Ok, every episode is just utter horrible suck from here on out and everyone I like is going to be screwed." and I had to put a bit more effort into going to the next one. Even though you know the names and histories, seeing them so well portrayed really brings it to another level and also fills in a lot of stuff I was unclear on (I knew Arya Stark learned some Water Dancing and chased cats, but I didn't realize that Eddard set it up, making him that much more awesome and it happened in King's Landing early on).

Love or hate, I think all the characters felt well acted, except I couldn't tell if Denyras was a horrible actress or just ... I don't know. I just kind of wanted to fast forward over her. Especially come the end of the story, I kind of felt like the whole Essros thing was a waste of time and they could have said "Stuff happened, bitch got dragons" and gave us another two hours of Westros stuff.

Anyways, it was great, glad I watched it. It made me love everyone I loved more and hate everyone I hated more, with a few exceptions: I found after his exposition over the whore tryouts Littlefinger to be a bit more sympathetic, if a bit obsessed. Also I didn't realize how dreadfully mad Lysa and Robin Arryn are, christ. Sansa, I didn't realize has absolutely no redeeming qualities as well, ugh.

But shame on you all for not talking about this show more and letting me go this long without seeing it! I blame you all keeping this secret!

Zotha_sl

shitlord
So just got through watching both season 1 and season 2 on Blu-Ray again. I know I said it on the old boards and got grilled for it, but watching them back to back makes it clearer than ever how much better season 1 was than the second. The pacing/writing just felt "off" to me in the second one, and I really hope that it picks back up and is similar to the quality of the first season. Not even mentioning the deviations from the books (which are another deal entirely), but the actual writing and episode arcs seem much less "tight".

That said, Blackwater looked as amazing as I remembered it looking in HD with my speakers bumpin'. Still great television, but there is certainly room for improvement. Pumped for the next season.
Book 2 has an awful lot more happening in it, introduced alot more characters while keeping most (sorry Ned) of the ones from the first. They were always going to struggle to keep it as cohesive in the same number of episodes. This was why I was so glad they were allowing more than 10 episodes for book 3, as getting that into 1 season would have been a clusterfuck.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Those chapters in DWD were so gross feeling. Never really had a book do that to me, but I just hated reading about Theon turning into a disturbed monster.

Edit: This picture from that link of paintings is fucking sweet

rrr_img_16981.jpg

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I find some of these characters so vile I can't imagine paying to have art of them.

Also, is that scar across the face the only change they made to Tyrion/Dinklage for the "face disfigurement" that happens I guess towards the end of season 2? I've just seen art suggesting it was much uglier, but I guess Dinklage didn't want his nose cut off for an acting part.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I find some of these characters so vile I can't imagine paying to have art of them.

Also, is that scar across the face the only change they made to Tyrion/Dinklage for the "face disfigurement" that happens I guess towards the end of season 2? I've just seen art suggesting it was much uglier, but I guess Dinklage didn't want his nose cut off for an acting part.
The scar/wound was worse at the end of season 2 than is depicted in any of that art. There was a post about it a few pages back but it pretty much boils down to ugly vs. tv ugly as the reasoning for him not missing his entire nose.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It also comes down to budget. It's easy to disfigure or amputate in a story, but it's quite another thing to depict that in an ongoing tv show.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Those chapters in DWD were so gross feeling. Never really had a book do that to me, but I just hated reading about Theon turning into a disturbed monster.
It's GoT's Gollum. They really did a great job.