GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Szlia

She was high born... in Essos.

Also about the father fixing marriages... it does not seem like the father does much in Tyrell land!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the issue is (not 100% sure if they did this in the show or not with her) that she was high born but to a lesser house. So a bit more than your standard issue brothel worker.
The Freys are a lesser house than the Starks too. But they were in the north. And they were critical at the time. And Robb promised Walder he'd marry one of them.
She was high born... in Essos.

Also about the father fixing marriages... it does not seem like the father does much in Tyrell land!
Yeah watching Olenna clown on Mace Tyrell cracks me up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Freys are a lesser house than the Starks too. But they were in the north. And they were critical at the time. And Robb promised Walder he'd marry one of them.
The Frey's being salty about their house status is pretty evident but Robb still married a chick from a house that was completely dwarfed by the Freys. Maybe not in the history of Westeros but in terms of modern position it was a greater house than what Robb married.

I don't think much of this was explained in the actual show so I guess the conversation should stop. I only know this stuff because I started up book 3 and am reading the chapters where he presents his new bride to Cat. Not sure where the line is for this thread as a book spoiler.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
My point wasn't that Robb's decision not to keep his promise to Walder Frey wasn't a stupid decision it was that it wasn't near as stupid as other things we've seen from characters on the show, it was only one stupid decision amidst a number of great ones and he really shouldn't have expected the repercussions it had.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think he was just too young to realize the major mistake he made. He probly thought he could just run his army over everything, and worry about it later.

Unfortunately that did not work out for Rob. All the brothers have acted irrationally tho.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My point wasn't that Robb's decision not to keep his promise to Walder Frey wasn't a stupid decision it was that it wasn't near as stupid as other things we've seen from characters on the show, it was only one stupid decision amidst a number of great ones and he really shouldn't have expected the repercussions it had.
Yeah I'd agree with that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think I only partially agree. He should have expected it until they broke bread. After breaking bread it was unthinkable.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Robb was 100% an idiot for not marrying the Frey girl like he promised. The GoT universe is pretty clear about how high nobility must marry pragmatically. I mean shit, his own mother was promised to his uncle and got passed to his dad after his uncle died.

I can't think of any highborne who weren't married off to other highborne for functional reasons and didn't end up getting fucked.
Yeah, I think rob probably thought he was winning the war so didn't give a shit if he broke the oath he made to Frey. That and his young age lack of experience and nativity of chivalry over practicality (bringing justice over his own bannerman who were fueled with rage against lannister). I mean that shit really bothered me because a good king does not do that shit and lose good amount of men in the middle of this war.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I'd agree with that.
I'm not sure I would. How many times was he told "Dude this is a HUGE mistake" and not until his wife was getting stabbed in the baby did he realize was a dumb fuck he was. That is pretty extreme head-up-assedness. I can't think of any other example on the show that matches the sheer stupidity of that choice.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
It's probably the stupidest, most shortsighted, most selfish decision made in the entire show. But that's the Starks. Doing stupid, selfish shit in the name of "honor" or "love" or whatever the fuck and getting wrecked by people who actually understand how the world works. Starks dying is like my favorite aspect of the show. I kinda hope Tywin kills them all.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, he was fighting a revolution of sorts. It was stupid but at least there was an internal logic to it. He wasn't just fighting to sit in the big chair. He was fighting for goodness and love and honor!

It does make you wonder a bit if that spoiler vid that went around is the story that was hinted but not told. That his wife was a whore sent to seduce him into breaking his vow and ruining his cause. Pretty subtle and long term with a low probability of success no matter how many whores you salt his camp with. I prefer to think that at least. It adds more depth to it.

Obviously even if so it went a little bit less than plan. I doubt getting stabbed in the baby was part of the mission.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Well, he was fighting a revolution of sorts. It was stupid but at least there was an internal logic to it. He wasn't just fighting to sit in the big chair. He was fighting for goodness and love and honor!

It does make you wonder a bit if that spoiler vid that went around is the story that was hinted but not told. That his wife was a whore sent to seduce him into breaking his vow and ruining his cause. Pretty subtle and long term with a low probability of success no matter how many whores you salt his camp with. I prefer to think that at least. It adds more depth to it.

Obviously even if so it went a little bit less than plan. I doubt getting stabbed in the baby was part of the mission.
Sometimes, you gotta retaliate or otherwise why the fuck are you a Lord in the first place, with hefty amount of bannerman under your arm. Your bannerman wants vengence for their Lord's death and that's what you give them.

Rob was however a dumbfuck and married a lowborn with zero benefits to the marriage. He married a useless woman under the guise of loyalty and responsibility. Maybe he did it out of his past with Jon Snow and he didn't want to make a bastard son. Maybe his mother's constant hate and shame of Jon Snow's existence has driven him into doing something completely ridiculous. Maybe he was just naive and dumb, clouded by passion and first true love.

Still doesn't change the fact that he was not responsible to his bannerman nor his kingdom. He was a big, giant fucking faggot.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The only Stark I like is Arya. The rest of em are noobs.
Arya is only sufferable because of the Hound. Like how I can deal with Sansa now that Littlefinger is around. Bran is now pretty cool since he can take over Hodor at will.

Siliconemelons

Arya is only sufferable because of the Hound. Like how I can deal with Sansa now that Littlefinger is around. Bran is now pretty cool since he can take over Hodor at will.
I think it is kinda funny that Little Finger is starting his shit back up.. in S1 it was obvious he was doing the puppet master thing and started everything with the dagger plant etc... I think Jamie getting captured was a stopping point in his plan- no one expected the lannisters to ever be routed on the battle field let alone Jamie captured/killed - now that he is back, he can start turning his gears again on his plan. Also he seemed = with the spider, or bald ballless guy in S1...now he is kind of a non player and almost stepped out and the bald dude is just in self-survival mode.. but his card was always forces from the east and using that to manipulate the west- and I guess now that the dany ball is rolling he is just waiting.

Siliconemelons

So people are super up in arms about the "rape scenes" - what the background fucking at crastors with the one 3 bounce shot of the tits? sheesh... did they get up in arms at Spartacus? every time someone had sex with a slave in Spartacus that's rape by todays standards...and that was literally every 10-15 minutes for 4 seasons of Spartacus :p

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm sure all 20 people that watched Spartacus were butthurt compared to the millions that watch GoT hue hue hue hue

In all honesty though, Bran needs a fucking haircut.