GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Column_sl

shitlord
Even if that is true lining the top of the wall would have been better than the scythes, but the scythes make for better storytelling visuals so there is that.

Now if the Scythes are lined up perfectly everywhere on the wall ,and work like wind shield wiper blades that would be quite badass. The cost to maintain, and build something like that would be huge tho.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You guys really know how to fucking suck the fun out of stuff. My boy Tyrion wasn't in episode 9. He has a chance!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well a ton of shit would have been better for them to use but this is how the story goes. -shrug- It's not like we're dissecting real life events here, it's a story.

Also the wall is pretty much forgotten by everyone south of it (except Ned Stark, RIP). No one gives a fuck about equipping them with the latest and greatest. Hell, you can sit in their main hall and look outside through the wall...the place is a shit hole.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I didn't know we had so many experts on medieval warfare around here.

iannis

Musty Nester
I hope those 5 noobs in the tunnel were bound closeby, but I think the nearest Inn is in Last Hearth.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
fresh off the reddit
JjaIFvO.jpg

Cybsled

Yeah, Stannis showing up isn't foreshadowed as much as, in retrospect, it's allowed for. There's that mysterious note that Ser Onionhands gets, and there is more than one mention of him mobilizing a force. But no one says where to.

0 probability that I think Stannis is gonna show the fuck up with an army to save the day without leeching the fact off of book-readers.

That Ygritte / Jon scene doesn't happen in the books, right? That shit was too cheesy. It would have been so much better if they'd spent the time on that scene instead extending the morning scene where they're rounding up corpses for cremation and he just finds her. And I guess comforts himself with the fact that at least he wasn't the one that killed her (he wasn't shooting any arrows downstairs).
He finds her mortally wounded after the battle is finished. The dialogue between them in the show at that point was basically lifted directly from the books, though. He gives her a funeral pyre sendoff afterwards.

Cybsled

I hope those 5 noobs in the tunnel were bound closeby, but I think the nearest Inn is in Last Hearth.
They were all wizards and bound themselves in the tunnel. They chain died like 20 times and had to cast under the giant's balls to bring it down.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
You guys really know how to fucking suck the fun out of stuff. My boy Tyrion wasn't in episode 9. He has a chance!
I don't know it worries me more than before, Tyrion gets killed, roll credits... Not like this shit hasn't happened in the past, I'm almost convinced he dies now
frown.png

That screenshot and video are fucking great LOL.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know it worries me more than before, Tyrion gets killed, roll credits... Not like this shit hasn't happened in the past, I'm almost convinced he dies now
frown.png
GRRM seems to like bastards. Tyrion isn't technically a bastard but has been treated like one his entire life. Plus he survived the dreaded episode 9. I have hope. Then again I'm probably nothing more then a beatle about to get crushed again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there were a lot of holy shit awesome moments mixed in with some utterly cheeseball moments. thankfully the awesome heavily outweighed the cheeseball. my favorite parts were the giant scenes and that gigantic fucking anchor. and props need to go to the dudes working on the score, the horn blaring with the battle music gave me serious goosebumps, i started thinking of old eq raids. all in all great episode, i dunno if we get stannis next week, its not a dealbreaker to me.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That was a really good episode, I think they've only every done an 'all in one location' ep in the past ( battle of blackwater bay)

It had the feel and atmosphere of the Helms Deep battle.

There was one really good camera shot that was a continuous crane move about the battle that went for about a minute, showing us all the key characters in the area.

Additional, of course: I think I'm like everyone else here on the board who is champing at the bit to find out what's happening with Tyrion.

Silence_sl

shitlord
John Snow looks a lot like Inigo Montoya.

Hello.
My Name is Inigo Montoya.
You killed my father.
Prepare to die.