GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Arya and The Hound in the Vale was kind of retarded. Oh my aunt died? My cousin is still lord of the Vale right? Yup OK just checking tata!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh yeah Arya not going to her cousin the lord of the Vale was really fucking dumb. The whole Vale thing is retarded.

Yeah someone got fired for that shit. "Hey guys someone matching the exact description of Arya Stark came up to the gates with The Hound and asked to speak with Lady Arryn, but when we told them she was dead they just left after laughing a lot and shit. Do you think that was important?"

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna miss The Hound
frown.png
. Arya and him had such a unique relationship, it was amazing while it lasted. I do kinda feel bad that she didn't honor him and kill him. He didn't deserve to bleed out considering how he's saved her ass.

I really hope Arya turns into some type of changeling super assassin and kills all the names she says before falling asleep.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved 8 and 9 both. Thought the season as a whole was pretty damn great. This last episode just didn't knock my socks off, especially after how hyped up it was.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two episodes ago we watched a dude take a spear to the chest and he is still kicking. The Hound is fucked up but we didn't see him die. Who was the last important character to die off screen?

spronk

FPS noob
Second half of the season not strong? You be trippin. Episode 8 was probably the best of the show, with 9 great and the best finale of any season so far.
Oh yeah, thats totally true episode 8 was probably one of the best episodes of the show, easy. I didn't think 9 and 10 were that great though, pretty good but coulda been better.

Sterling

El Presidente
The finale was fine. But I feel like it could have been better. The Stannis stuff was really good. The Brienne/Hound fight was pretty sweet, but the whole being in vale thing was just fucking weird. Also felt the Jaime/Tyrion interaction could have been better. And Shae grabbing the knife first was bad. That shit is right there with Greedo shooting first.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Two episodes ago we watched a dude take a spear to the chest and he is still kicking. The Hound is fucked up but we didn't see him die. Who was the last important character to die off screen?
The hound is a bit different though. The whole purpose was for Arya to do her zero fucks given walk away.

Ganthorn

N00b
I loved the scene and some justice finally being done, but why did Tyrion turn around and go to Tywin's chamber? He walked in unarmed. What was his plan, a civil chat with daddy? Luckily Shae was there and that bitch be dead now.
Since its passed I wouldn't call it a book spoiler. In the books Jamie tells Tyrion that his first wife wasn't really a whore she really was just a farmers daugher who loved him and Tywin had her passed around to all the guards and gotten rid of. He is going there with a vengeance and then he sees shae and just snaps

Ganthorn

N00b
I feel like the show writers have messed up Jamie's character (not the actors acting). In the books I felt a lot more on Jamies side. By now he should already have been over Cersei's BS and he tells Tyrion about his previous wife while he lets him go trying to set things right etc. He feels a lot less redeemed in the show.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really liked the skeleton CGI. Not weak limp-wristed skeletons instead agile/deadly skeletons that showed you why you should fear an undead army. They should have been laughing though. Brianne/Hound fight was well scripted. They beat the living fuck out of each other and it looked like a real fight for survival. The end where he practically begged Arya to kill him was hard to remember as my computer dust started to get everywhere.

Ending on LSH was a given. Have no idea why they didn't do it as a perfect cliffhanger. If there was ever something to cliffhanger in a TV show LSH was it. I can only imagine they didn't do it because they have it planned for something special next season or CGI budget.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Overall I enjoyed it quite much, but it just felt like so many coincidences lining up:

1. Jon Snow walks directly to Mance
2. Stannis rides directly to Mance
3. Breanne walking directly into Arya and the Hound (up in some random hills 10 miles away from the gate, no less)
4. Tyrion walking directly to the Hand of the King's chamber. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that it's not located directly above the dungeons full of nasty smells and loud yells where Tyrion has been imprisoned, and yet besides the two guards directly outside his door, none were on duty.
5. Honorable mention to the scene outside the Tree, where we think "oh no bran's about to die WOW fireball from out of fucking no where" in cliche fashion. This brings up the problem of foresight, when the dude inside says he's been watching with 1000 eyes but....just really wanted them to have a dramatic fight scene outside his door.

Individually they're kinda acceptable but I feel like there were too many. Regardless, the big plot points are pretty exciting, what with Stannis finally being back in Westeros, Tyrion going half Oedipus and shaking shit up in King's Landing, Arya finally getting her ass to Braavos, Bran finally getting his ass to the tree, and Daenyrs....locking up 66% of her dragons? lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I really liked the skeleton CGI. Not weak limp-wristed skeletons instead agile/deadly skeletons that showed you why you should fear an undead army. They should have been laughing though.
only a goddamned EQ necro would want skeletons wielding rusty weapons laughing their asses off. my sk pet, all he does is "teeheeheeheehee" when he taps and it drives me batshit crazy. anyway, these were Ice Boned Skeletons and im pretty sure they do not teeheeheehee. great episode, i expected some stuff like LSH and gendry meeting up with arya because he tweeted about working with maisie williams again. i assume they did film the LSH scene and was cut at the last second due to length of the episode or because arya on the ship running around all excited was a stronger way to end it. think about it. Arya is fucking free, she is leaving everything miserable about her life behind and will learn swordfighting and become an assassin. i did think it odd that varys is coming along with tyrion, i guess he will be on the river boat with aegon too.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Since its passed I wouldn't call it a book spoiler. In the books Jamie tells Tyrion that his first wife wasn't really a whore she really was just a farmers daugher who loved him and Tywin had her passed around to all the guards and gotten rid of. He is going there with a vengeance and then he sees shae and just snaps
How/why would they leave that out, seems very important behind his motive that leads him to the scene with shae and ultimately his father. I read the article Spronk linked and it describes the differences in Shae from the book and Shae from the series, that I can understand but to leave out Jamie's confession strikes me as odd.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's been the assumption for a while. I assume he'll still film some scenes next year with the whole Jaime standing guard over him while he smiles.

On a side note there's been rumors that Dance is joining the cast in the final 4 eps of Doctor Who this season as The Master. That'd be fucking epic too.
WOAH. HOLD ON A FUCKING MINUTE.

Charles Dance as the Master?

I came too fast to even get hard first.

Is this what being a woman is like?