GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khalid

Unelected Mod
The casual reader is probably not going to make that connection.
One of them was super into the books and then managed to convince the other to read it. They then reread the books to decide how they might adapt it and then contacted GRRM. They weren't just casual readers that picked it up, or read it after being told it was good and that they should adapt it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Stolen from Reddit.. wonder if it's real

rrr_img_69685.jpg

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
^he didn't bring that shit up until it seemed like she wasn't going to kill him. he brought up Micah and his opportunity to rape Sansa to try and get her to kill him out of anger since she wasn't going to do it out of mercy.
Yeah it's hard to fully remember the dynamic of their conversation, plus really it was him saying a bunch of stuff while she just sort of looked at him, running choices through her head it seemed.

Hopefully we get a thing from her where she refers back to that day and her choice to leave him like that. Or we're supposed to be left to our own interpretation.
Yeah, I took it as she now realizes he isn't really such a bad man, he was just taking orders.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's real.

I think it's a big assumption to make that D&D guessed it was R&L or that they even guessed it right.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You guys are nuts. She was so cold to him, that's not forgiveness. If she was trying spare him why did she coldly approach him and take his money and walk off without saying a word?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Because he's going to die anyway and it no longer serves him any good.

He did the EXACT same thing to a farmer earlier in the season.
Roles are now reversed.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Stolen from Reddit.. wonder if it's real

rrr_img_69685.jpg
They're fucking freaks. The vikings supposedly colonized Iceland as a place to stash the hottest chicks they could kidnap, but they apparently left their mutant half-giant berserkers there to guard them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is why tv and films feel the need to make shit as obvious as possible and explain every fucking plot point like the audience is 5. That scene left no room for iinterpretation, yet some how for pages we are talking about shit like "maybe the hound has a chance", "Arya forgave him!". JFC Arya was cold and evil in that scene. I guess they shoulda showed a scene after where she writes in a diary explaining her actions then cut to another scene showing buzzards and shit eating a dead hound.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
from the no spoiler thread
This is why tv and films feel the need to make shit as obvious as possible and explain every fucking plot point like the audience is 5. That scene left no room for iinterpretation, yet some how for pages we are talking about shit like "maybe the hound has a chance", "Arya forgave him!". JFC Arya was cold and evil in that scene. I guess they shoulda showed a scene after where she writes in a diary explaining her actions then cut to another scene showing buzzards and shit eating a dead hound.
CMON CLEGANEBOWL!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Given the book treatment, I don't think that it is implausible that DnD gave a R+L style answer. They might not make it into the show, but I feel it is probably what tipped the scales in their favor.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Seriously. I'm not sure how some people are interpreting Arya leaving The Hound to die as some sort or mercy or forgiveness. Showing him mercy would be putting him out of his misery. Leaving him to bleed out or slowly die to infection when he was begging her to kill him is the most fucked up and cruel thing she could've done.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
from the no spoiler thread

CMON CLEGANEBOWL!
Yeah the tv adaptation really screwed up the dynamic of that scene and arya as a character at that point of her development. if they know that they aren't headed to gravedigger vs sir robert strong for cersei's trial by combat then they should of just had arya finish the hound off. I mean i guess its good that they left themselves an option, but if we're losing the ironborn, losing aegon/connington, losing 90% of the dynamic in mereen i just don't see cleganebowl surviving the cut.

It's a case of loved the tv adaptation but they lacked the conviction to see it through. the adventures of arya and hound, especially the hound, just killed it all season. but if you are going to extend their time together, have them bond, become her protector, and take those wounds defending her from what they saw as agents of the lannisters they should of had the balls to say "you know what, we're not going to marry this back up to the book scene. It just doesn't make sense now with what we've done with it."

The hound could of rolled off into that gorge and got swept away by a river, pod could spent the entire scene chasing arya down to the point that she gets too separated to go back and check on the hound with pod after her and brienne closing ground, could of handled it a dozen other ways that left it open ended to the hound's fate without making arya a cold blooded cunt about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah the tv adaptation really screwed up the dynamic of that scene and arya as a character at that point of her development. if they know that they aren't headed to gravedigger vs sir robert strong for cersei's trial by combat then they should of just had arya finish the hound off. I mean i guess its good that they left themselves an option, but if we're losing the ironborn, losing aegon/connington, losing 90% of the dynamic in mereen i just don't see cleganebowl surviving the cut.

It's a case of loved the tv adaptation but they lacked the conviction to see it through. the adventures of arya and hound, especially the hound, just killed it all season. but if you are going to extend their time together, have them bond, become her protector, and take those wounds defending her from what they saw as agents of the lannisters they should of had the balls to say "you know what, we're not going to marry this back up to the book scene. It just doesn't make sense now with what we've done with it."

The hound could of rolled off into that gorge and got swept away by a river, pod could spent the entire scene chasing arya down to the point that she gets too separated to go back and check on the hound with pod after her and brienne closing ground, could of handled it a dozen other ways that left it open ended to the hound's fate without making arya a cold blooded cunt about it.
i saw it as doing GRRM a favor, if they kill off hound on screen it insinutes itself that hound is definitely dead in the books. they have already killed off several book characters on the show that are still alive in the books, but none of them are as important as sandor. so yeah they left it open ended and yeah i think they made arya look like a cold blooded cunt on purpose (due to her decision to become a faceless men) even though it doesnt jibe too well with their budding friendship to that point. remember, he was still on arya's list up until then, so she probably thought by not killing him it meant she was leaving his destiny up to the gods even though he deserved to die.