GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
Varys also tends to be pretty wise. I think he's hitched his wagon to Tyrion because he's honestly the person who should be making the decisions if Dany does conquer the world.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
also, are you guys just thinking the dragons didn't just kill him cause they were in a good mood that night? That they let him touch them cause they miss the gentle touch of a tiny hand?

Maybe I am making more to this than there is, but Tywins words, Tyrion's mismatched eyes, hair color, obsession with dragons, dragons being okay with him being around them...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Varys wants the Targaryens back in power. He was working with Magister Illyrio to put it that way.. Why follow some disgrace kinslaying dwarf? Well... he would know if he is an actual Targaryen...
yep, but we dont know why. theories are that young aegon was the actual son of ylirio, but it still doesnt explain why varys wants this to happen.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Dragon has three heads and all that. Tyrion's definitely looking more and more like a Targaryen.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
also, are you guys just thinking the dragons didn't just kill him cause they were in a good mood that night? That they let him touch them cause they miss the gentle touch of a tiny hand?

Maybe I am making more to this than there is, but Tywins words, Tyrion's mismatched eyes, hair color, obsession with dragons, dragons being okay with him being around them...
Well lets not forget that the dragons being freed like that is a show only thing, so i hesitate to base much of a theory on that, especially when Tyrion is at best a Targ bastard and we already saw a Martell in the book get cooked in that same scene Tyrion was just in, despite his Targ blood by way of the Martell inter marriages. I just don't really see it, we have so much foreshadowing feeding a lot of the other theories, and so little feeding this one. There is just about as much evidence pointing to Jaime and Cersei being secret Targs.

And besides, you really think that if Tywin actually knew Tyrion wasn't his son he wouldn't just have had him killed especially after deposing the Mad King, it was a perfect time to come out and say Tyrion was a rape bastard of the Mad King and be done with him, but he didn't, it isn't like you need much proof for the shit you say in the GOT world. Plus all the stuff describing the king being inappropriate with Tywins wife happened at Tywins wedding, so it doesn't line up at all, you would need a rape that happened like 5 years after that and there is 0 evidence.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Tyrion himself offered a plausible alternative, they're intelligent enough to know he was there to help them. I mean I'm not saying he can't be a Targ, but some of y'all seem like you're approaching Woolygimp levels of convinced based on a bunch of circumstantial evidence.

*edit*

Also, stop using spoilers unless you're discussing an episode that hasn't aired yet.

spronk

FPS noob
you guys have it all wrong, obviouslyHodorWILLIS is the third targ, and the next episode will reveal he was at the tower of Joy and was the one who impregnated Lyanna and its W(H)+L=J

yfVPQqn.jpg

I hope Bronn and Littlefinger come back soon

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Show is starting to feel more and more rushed, I thought I read in this thread the season is shortened to 8 episodes. Feels like they are trying to tell large amounts of the story very quickly and I feel a little cheated.
Agree, ep 1 def felt that way but they may have been trying to catch everyone up. Ep2 was better

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I think Mereen is a necessary evil. When you look at the grand scheme of things, Dany had to have a maturation period. Martin knew he couldnt have her find redemption so swiftly, as the entire story revolved around her and her dragons. If she would have peaked in the middle of book 4 or something, the story wouldnt have had the longevity it needed to really have that all encompassing impact.

He could of had her conquer the entire Essos hemisphere, or perhaps had her rule pathetic subjects at Drogos side. Maybe even landfall in Westeros but struggle to consolidate power etc. But he chose a certain narrative to support his grand design later in the game. She had to learn how to deal with people and develop as a leader. Mereen was merely a vehicle for this to take shape. If Danys story was expediated forward it would have extinguished a ton of Westeros intrigue and story lines that unfolded instead of developing organically while she gathered support and resources in Essos.

It might seem like an excuse but Mereen is simlply there to lend weight and credence to Dany as a character, but sadly it takes away those very things to a lot of people because they feel like the Mereen narrative is a waste of time.
It's just boring as hell is the issue.

Cybsled

Dragons being freed hasn't happened yet in the books, but I have little doubt it may unfold in a fashion like it does in the show. Think about it: The book sets it up so a dude who thinks he can control dragons gets fried by them. Later, Tyrion will get his chance, so the book reader is thinking "oh fuck, he's gonna get roasted too!!!".

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dragons being freed hasn't happened yet in the books, but I have little doubt it may unfold in a fashion like it does in the show. Think about it: The book sets it up so a dude who thinks he can control dragons gets fried by them. Later, Tyrion will get his chance, so the book reader is thinking "oh fuck, he's gonna get roasted too!!!".
I thought they broke free in the books? I haven't read it in a while.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They are loose, but still inside the ziggurat/pyramid. Last we saw all hell broke loose and barristan was schooling fools left and right

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tyrion himself offered a plausible alternative, they're intelligent enough to know he was there to help them. I mean I'm not saying he can't be a Targ, but some of y'all seem like you're approaching Woolygimp levels of convinced based on a bunch of circumstantial evidence.

*edit*

Also, stop using spoilers unless you're discussing an episode that hasn't aired yet.
I guess Martell getting roasted in the books and Tyrion interacting with the dragons alright lends some credability towards Tyrion maybe having Targ blood. Since so far the only person to interact with the dragons and live is Dany.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I guess Martell getting roasted in the books and Tyrion interacting with the dragons alright lends some credability towards Tyrion maybe having Targ blood. Since so far the only person to interact with the dragons and live is Dany.
It doesn't really though since Quentin has Targ blood too.