GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Thinking back on it, the scene with Dany was good fun to watch the first time, but man it's hard to believe not one single Khal would have tried to strangle her or something. Soon as some sparks hit the ground they all just ran around like faggots and burned to death. All of the leaders of an entire culture focused on fighting and not a single one of them tries to go out fighting?
It's real quick but they do try to rush her and she just drops another brazier in between her and them. After that, as mentioned, killing her may not be priority #1.

Ganthorn

N00b
It's real quick but they do try to rush her and she just drops another brazier in between her and them. After that, as mentioned, killing her may not be priority #1.
Ya they initially run around the side and then she drops another one and then they just try to get out and she drops another one

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And to contribute a little away from the titty talk, Ramsay threatens the Wildings in the letter because Wildlings are 'the threat' he is using to attempt unify the northern lords behind him. He openly mentions Rickon because those lords who would be loyal to the Starks would be loyal to Jon Snow anyway... unless they despise Wildlings even more. Its a wedge to peel away potential support from Jon Snow.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The only thing that makes me doubt the veracititty (heh) of the shotis that they haven't sagged a bit over the years. But yes, they are the same size, same half dollar areolas (with one slightly large than the other) .... I believe they were hers.
You know she's still in her 20s, right?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think it would be intriguing if she ends up getting a contract for someone that Arya never would have wanted to kill -- I don't know that there's any bad guy that she could go after at this point that would have anywhere near as much dramatic impact.
Hot Pie.

Wolf bread is an abomination to the Many-Faced God.

Firewalker

Silver Knight of the Realm
it would never happen that way because dany is not fireproof. drogon however will just probably roast some Khals and the rest would fall into line.
If she's not fireproof than wtf is the point of the dragon controlling horn that is sailing to her, which burns anyone who blows it to death.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If she's not fireproof than wtf is the point of the dragon controlling horn that is sailing to her, which burns anyone who blows it to death.
valeryans may be fire resistan due to coming from a volcano land so the horn would not effect her, thats a big difference from living through a 3000 degree inferno in vaes dothrak. dany is mot fireproof in the books,

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't wait for when the next book is released and I can go "Lol that doesn't happen in the show". Why would anyone ever write a book based on a tv show is beyond me as well

I liked the meeting of ser davos, red and brienne the tart though!

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Emiliy Clarke is fat? since when?

This photo from the Conan show is like 3 weeks old.

CgDhOGRUYAAok1U.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
What are we even talking about here? If Tommen dies without a son, the only surviving Baratheon heir at this point is Gendry. If they can't find him/don't want him as a puppet, the throne belongs to whoever can hold it, which would most likely be the Tyrells, since their army is largely intact, the queen dowager would be a Tyrell, and their army would most likely be in King's Landing when Tommen dies anyway.
We're talking about:
Books are pretty clear that women cannot inherit period.
Which is clearly not the case ever in any asoiaf books. Women can inherit, they just come after men. A son comes before a daughter. an uncle before an aunt, etc. It goes to the male, except if there are no male heirs, then it goes to the next closest daughter, then back up and down the lines of succession until you find an heir. Oh and true born always come before bastards.

ie, in the books assuming none of the characters had died, if tommen dies then the throne would go to Stannis, if he is dead by the end of Dance which he probably is, and there are no other male lines further up the tree, then it would go to Myrcella. If she were dead it would go to Shireen. Then Eric storm (or gendry, whichever is elder, but eric doesn't even exist in the show). Then finally Mya Stone, Robert Baratheons first bastard, a daughter, from his time in the Eyrie. The rest of his bastards are dead.

This is how succession is handled in westeros, except for Dorne which goes to the eldest regardless of gender.

But of course it requires the forces to push for those claims, especially those bastard claims.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else think it would have been better if Sansa wrote the letter to Jon Snow from Ramsay Bolton? When she grabbed it I thought she did until she said that they had Rickon and that the Roose was Noosed.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
On a somewhat related note about family, seeing Sansa reunite with Jon was pretty cool given how much of a brat she was to him. Can't wait for Arya to reunite with Jon as they were closer.
You mean when someone has paid the price to the faceless men and she has to kill him?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone else think it would have been better if Sansa wrote the letter to Jon Snow from Ramsay Bolton? When she grabbed it I thought she did until she said that they had Rickon and that the Roose was Noosed.
Why would that have been better? I get she could have learned some things from Littlefinger, but I don't think manipulating her own brother like that would really fit her character.

Neph_sl

shitlord
You mean when someone has paid the price to the faceless men and she has to kill him?
Second time someone has brought this up. Is this an actual plotline in the book? I stalled out on the fourth book and never powered through it. Or are people just making the same joke and I'm being dense?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Is this an actual plotline in the book?
No (not yet, at least). But the faceless are a mystically-inclined assassins guild, and they've been working on stripping her from her identity. So the potential plot twist is obvious. I mean, at one point, she's going to be back in the game...