GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

So I'm assuming Hodor has known how he'd die this whole time and felt himself being torn apart as a child, and that's why he started to completely freak in the cave. He knew then that it wasn't just a dream, that he would die this day.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The little bit after the show confirms the Hodor thing is a book spoiler, btw. Martin planned that shit literally all along.
some people actually managed to predict it years ago though, even if not under those circumstances.case in point

also wondering if the presence of weirwood trees at those scenes with the night king also mean that similar things will happen in the books too, considering bran can only see the past via weirwood trees.

Neph_sl

shitlord
So I'm assuming Hodor has known how he'd die this whole time and felt himself being torn apart as a child, and that's why he started to completely freak in the cave. He knew then that it wasn't just a dream, that he would die this day.
I don't think he knew exactly when, just that there'd be fight, which explains why he freaked out every time a battle broke out like in the tower or in that wildling home.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Wasn't the magic that kept the cave safe from the walkers supposed to be similar to that of the Wall?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
some people actually managed to predict it years ago though, even if not under those circumstances.case in point

also wondering if the presence of weirwood trees at those scenes with the night king also mean that similar things will happen in the books too, considering bran can only see the past via weirwood trees.
haha, that is pretty great. That dude is still active on Reddit apprently and in the GoT stuff. He's gotta be losing it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm trying to figure out if his sole purpose in life being to die holding a door, and his foreknowledge and willful fulfillment of that purpose, makes him the greatest hero of the story or not.

I think it might.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Martin read THIS guys shit and used it. That is freakishly close.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What I don't really get is what was the point of the Children of the FOrest (or whatever they're called) making the white walkers? Was it punishment against men? Did they expect them to become their soldiers and it had unintended consequences? Because clearly now they're against the white walkers. Theories?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was a little sad that summer went out like a bitch. I get she protected bran but still.

Also we named my dog Nymeria a long time ago, so if Nymeria dies in the show I'm gonna be upset.

Brad2770

Semi-Giant holding a door and knowing it would be the death of him... /yawn, it's been done before.

rrr_img_134313.jpg

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What I don't really get is what was the point of the Children of the FOrest (or whatever they're called) making the white walkers? Was it punishment against men? Did they expect them to become their soldiers and it had unintended consequences? Because clearly now they're against the white walkers. Theories?
It's easy to get...at least WHY they made them. The chick said as much to Bran. They were at war.

As to the rest of it, hopefully we learn why the Night King and walkers eventually turned on their creators (although really the guy they sacrificed to become the Night King didn't look to be happy about it while it happened, obviously)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Forest freaks lit up a bonfire that was too hot for their little twiggy arms to handle, basically.

They summoned a force too strong for them to contain in their desperation.

spronk

FPS noob
Loved Varys' scene as well, he has always come across as the guy who knows more than everyone else and he was legit shook by the priestess. She is super hot too, I hope we see more of her. I don't remember Sansa tits in the leaked episode, gonna rewatch the official again now but there was 3 minutes of missing content in the leak, hope its all tits!!

While watching the Greyjoy scene, all I could think is "hey... Euron is right, he'd be a pretty good king!" I thought the book Iron Islands plot was boring, but this is sorta interesting so far.

Hope we see more White Walker and Night King stuff in the season, every second of that was fucking awesome

its an extremely common fantasy/scifi trope to create a weapon that turns on you - nuclear weapons, the Flood from Halo, Skynet, Replicators, The Matrix, etc. GRRM loves to take tropes and twist them all up though so be interesting to see where he takes the White Walkers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hodor will always be a hero in our hearts...
...or until the wights walk the 50 feet Bran was dragged out into the fucking tundra and murder him and lil Miss Reed.

So Jon+Sansa + Blackfish +Littlefinger +Theon/Yara versus Boltons? Gonna be a short battle.

So it'll end up being Queen Sansa in the north (after she murders Littlefinger) and her big ass army. Do the Dornish ally with her or Daenarys and Eastern public raid group? Going to be interesting.

Mummer Sansa tits where great.

This episode was great but damn.

Arya watching the play, she's still someone.

Cotf creating the Others... holy shit, maybe that dude was in love with one of the children before they shanked him.

Euron admitting to the ironborn he murdered his brother... zero fucks given. I have a dick, so choose me. No dragon horn.

Jeorah, more feels. I hope he finds a cure. Don't see that happening.

3 eyed raven is dead...

Summer is dead...

cotf dead...

Hodor.

Cybsled

Hodor will be back, and dragonglass won't stop him ;o

Calling it now: Zombie Hodor kills Wun Wun.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
What I'm wondering is if marking Bran enabled the Night's King to enter the raven's cave, does that mean they can now pass the Wall if Bran goes south of it?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What I'm wondering is if marking Bran enabled the Night's King to enter the raven's cave, does that mean they can now pass the Wall if Bran goes south of it?
It would certainly be a good setup for the big war of the nights king and the rest of the world