GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sure, but the most disappointed people were the ones that wrote an encyclopedia's worth of theories about stuff that turned out to be meaningless or misguided. Do you remember the LOST thread on this board? It was as long as this one or possibly longer.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah Bran has to do something important before dying unless his storyline was completely and utterly meaningless.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah Bran has to do something important before dying unless his storyline was completely and utterly meaningless.
Arya too, but wouldn't really mind if they both died and we just got back to the basics - politics and dragons.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That's because you only started reading it a few days ago.

It's probably the best philosophical fiction of the 20th century. Anytime a nerd sees a big worm or piercing blue eyes, it's gotta be Dune. Fucks sake even Star Wars was filled with Dune homages in the first hour, hard to escape if you're a Sci-Fi fan.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Am I missing something or did Littlefinger travel from the Eyrie to Mole's Town, which is significantly north of Winterfell, in the period of a few days? This journey is a similar distance to the Winterfell-> Kings Landing trip that took Ned and company a quarter of the first book to finish, and seems to have been traversed almost instantaneously.

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Am I missing something or did Littlefinger travel from the Eyrie to Mole's Town, which is significantly north of Winterfell, in the period of a few days? This journey is a similar distance to the Winterfell-> Kings Landing trip that took Ned and company a quarter of the first book to finish, and seems to have been traversed almost instantaneously.

Travel time, in general, is almost completely ignored in the show. I don't even bother thinking about it at this point.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, the travel thing has basically been an issue the entire show.

That said, I wonder if a massive amount of time hasn't passed since the last episode, as he even mentioned that the army was now in Deepwood Motte (or one of the other northern areas, can't remember off hand).

Eonan

Doer of Things
Man the Hodor shit fucked me up hard at the end, way worse than any of the other major deaths/events so far in the series.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hodor might still be ok.

I think we all learned that if youre living in a tree for 10 thousand years surrounded by undead you should make more than 15 or 20 magic grenades, and maybe cast spells on more shit than your front door.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
One thing I think would get everyone shook up is Bran straight up dying, I think everyone is assuming he is going to be some sort of savior right now.
Won't happen. The fact that Hodor got turned into an unwilling sacrifice just for Bran to die would be horrible writing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Given how this season has gone so far, I was half expecting Euron to just lie there and the priest to say 'whoops guess I drowned the king'. I wonder where exactly Yara and Theon fit in to the plot now. Can't see Theon convincing her to throw in with Jon, but if they interfere with Euron bringing Daenerys to Westeros they're definitely going to die.
i would guess that yara dies, theon then steps in as king and helps out the starks

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

Bran is....

Keyser Soze

Seriously though, I am kinda surprised by what seems to be an overwhelming approval of the last episode from this board. I thought I was going to walk into post after post saying the show jumped the shark. I guess the majority of cynicism was left behind at FoH.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

It'd be better with Littlefinger shooped over Sir ian.
maxresdefault.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
So again characters are being merged to preserve storylines without needing to develop too, many characters late on, something books can do better.

If Yara = Victarion and tries to get to Dany first, Theon has fuck all to do. Theon has no storyline in the books as he appears to be close to execution.

Is Theon going to be Quentyn and get fried trying to redeem himself as a dragon rider? Or is he going to take some ships/troops to Jon Snow and take Yara's book role?

Also I'm guessing that Ellaria Sand is going to take Arianne Martels role and invade Stormlands soon.

Brianne going to Riverlands as the books tells me that something important goes down there, maybe she kills the Freys?

The Arryns need to attack Winterfell as I assume that's how Sansa is delivered to Jon in the books.

Can't see the Tyrells being taken out next episode vs the sparrows, they need to be fucked over by Euron first and that'll take a while if they are building new boats.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
We all know Eurons 1000s of ships will be built by the next episode or the one after.
That's the only thing that bothers me. Even with every person in their kingdom working, it would literally take years to build that many ships. If they have an entire fleet by the end of this season, that's bad writing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind that sort of thing. They are on a pretty tight time constraint. 20 more episodes in the series, ya dig?