GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Let's not forget that good guys usually don't have a 7 foot zombie following them.

Cersei is definitely a villain. She is a manipulator and a scemer but is not so subtile about it as LF and Olenna or Varys. It's usually also why she gets into trouble so many times. Why it for some reason always bites her in the ass but she has this 7 foot zombie, Qyburn who is infinitely smarter than her, and he gullible brother Jamie who defends her without question, no matter how she treats him.

Cersei is desperate for power, KNEW that her children would all die so she used them as pawns to retain that power, golden crowns and golden shrouds and all that. She wants power that she is not entitled to, it's why she feels so threatened by margaery, because she is the one who diminishes Cerseis power to next to nothing, and feels no shame to rub that in a few times.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think 2 things have been telegraphed in by what we have seen so far:

1.) Arya will assassinate at least one more off her list. I doubt it's Cersei or any Lannister for that matter. Walder Frey however is a obvious target, since she can sneak in and hide as one of the daughters or the young wife.

2.) The Jamie speech from the episode 2 weeks ago towards Edmure about that he will do anything to get back to Cersei will come to play i am sure. Jamie eighter will have his heart broken because he will have to act against Cersei or he will go down because of Cersei. Some sort of Lannister drama will be had in this seasons finale.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Missed the last few pages. Basically Astro saying a couple pages back that Jon still not that good of a swordsman, he fought only foot soldiers, and that Cersei Lannister isn't a villain.

So yeah.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Let's not forget that good guys usually don't have a 7 foot zombie following them.

Cersei is definitely a villain. She is a manipulator and a scemer but is not so subtile about it as LF and Olenna or Varys. It's usually also why she gets into trouble so many times. Why it for some reason always bites her in the ass but she has this 7 foot zombie, Qyburn who is infinitely smarter than her, and he gullible brother Jamie who defends her without question, no matter how she treats him.

Cersei is desperate for power, KNEW that her children would all die so she used them as pawns to retain that power, golden crowns and golden shrouds and all that. She wants power that she is not entitled to, it's why she feels so threatened by margaery, because she is the one who diminishes Cerseis power to next to nothing, and feels no shame to rub that in a few times.
in a show like this set in a brutal savage era where women are raped and murdered on a daily basis having a 7 foot tall brutal savage (zombie) for a bodyguard is completely fine. in regards to the rest? cersei isnt desperate for power so much as she is desperate to keep her children alive at all costs because of this so called prophecy. whether this is an actual prophecy or a self fulfilling prophecy is no longer important because its driving cersei crazy. as each of her kids die it reinforces in her head that the prophecy is real and that she is closer to her death at the hands of the "little brother". she is down to her last strike and when tommen goes then she will go completely insane. margaery is part of that prophecy, cersei thought sansa was the one to do it, but since sansa left, she is sure that its really marg.
i said this before, cersei isnt so much evil as she is an entitled little brat. she was sure she was meant to be the bride of prince rhaegar a storybook handsome prince. if it wasnt for this prophecy driving her mad, she would be no different that any other rich douchebag from any of the other noble houses.

iannis

Musty Nester
Jon should have just gotten an arrow in the arm or some shit so people can shut the hell up about plot armor, christ.
That would have been better writing.

He went full on superhero. You know that's not what this is supposed to be, that's danys motif. The Starks keep dying because they keep doing stupid shit. The Starks have like cursed plot chainmail -2.

Wait. Fuckin meta. Jon targaryen confirmed.

It's a degradation in the writing because it removes the tension. There are no stakes for him, really. They tried to address it directly with the red witch telling him maybe he was brought back to die. But you can't follow that with him trying to die and failing at it. They could even acknowledge it in the story, John gets crazy brave because he thinks he's invincible now... And that could be really interesting and add a whole new depth to him. Or he has a psychotic break because he's fuckin Jesus Snow now. But what they did wasn't subtle or really even much examined at all.

Jon getting dressed should be a really big fucking deal, even in a world with dragons and zombies. All it seems to merit is a throwaway line per episode. Next season it won't even get that.

Neph_sl

shitlord
1.) Arya will assassinate at least one more off her list. I doubt it's Cersei or any Lannister for that matter. Walder Frey however is a obvious target, since she can sneak in and hide as one of the daughters or the young wife.
I like this one. We haven't seen Arya for an episode now, given travel time in this show and the fact that she's heading to Westeros, she could make it to the Freys. I don't think she has the power to change faces, but then again who knows with this show, maybe she can.

Just to throw Astro a bone, they have definitely played up the human factor of Cersei in recent seasons, which makes a case for her not being a villain. But the fact is that she started the series as a villain and has yet to do anything redeemable. Jaime, I'd argue, is less a villain than Cersei; recently he's tried to avoid bloodshed with Riverrun and could've captured Brienne and Pod, but didn't. He still hasn't had a redemption moment, but that may come in the form of killing Cersei next episode.

Edit: plus there's the whole Kingslayer thing which was pretty good for everyone since he wanted to burn everyone. Which is probably why Jaime will kill Cersei.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
As someone who got into the books I've felt the show doesn't meet my expectations. I honestly can't tell if that's because of the blockbusteryness of it (I wholeheartedly concur with Astro, season one is the best cos it wasn't blockbustery and the tone of the showdidchange) or if I'm just being prickly. I've read the massive 50,000 pages and actually took the time to procure the World of Ice and Fire, which means I'm awfully invested in the story. That's time I could've used doing a whole lot of other shit. But I read every single word and regret nothing.

I get riled up sometimes watching the show, but I don't have to remind myself that such a thing would not have existed before the 21st century.

Highlander was awesome in the 80s and even 90s.
Highlander is a piece of shit compared to the worst episode of Game of Thrones.

Battle of the Bastards was good for one thing (fuck the WW2 dragons that were finally awesome): the moment where everything becomes muddy and they're drowning in claustrophobic hands and it looks weird. For a few seconds you have to wonder what you're looking at. That's some artistic shit.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Daenerys needs to die otherwise this show is going to have a disappointing ending.

Mad women takes over the world just cause she wants to the end, is not a good ending.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
In the books, Cersei was a villan... In the show, some smart-ass television screenwriter who doesn't have an ounce of GRRM's talent, or even Lena Hadley herself, went like "let's make Cercei grey, not black-and-white" as far as morality goes..."let's show that she loves her children, bla, bla, bla..."

There is one good television screenwriter in their team - "Chaos is a ladder" speech, Sandor Clegane scenes...- and some other stupid fuckers that fucked the pooch so, so, so bad it's fucking driving me crazy.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think loving your children at all costs contrasts well enough against the pitch black of indiscriminately killing others (including children) who might possibly inconvenience you. Like, killing off the King's bastards for example. Conspiring to have your King killed in order to maintain your power (ironically Cersei would have been much better off had she just taken up Ned's exile offer. But if you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die as she said). Having Bran pushed out a window because he saw you and your crime by accident.

I mean the list goes on and on. There is no light in which Cersei has done a single good thing either for her own family or the Realm itself. So I don't know why we're considering her anything else other than a villain. Absolutely everything has been self serving at the direct expense of others. All thought of consequence thrown to the wind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Joffrey was the one who had Robert's bastards killed, not Cersei. Not that I'm saying she isn't a villain.

I wonder if Cersei might kill Tommen on purpose, or callously not care that he could get caught in the crossfire, instead of just killing him by accident. I get that 'I will do anything for my children' is a core part of her character, but she really is on the very brink right now, and Tommen couldn't possibly have betrayed her more thoroughly than he did when he outlawed trial by combat. Would make Jaime choking her to death a lot more personal and intimate compared to if he was just killing her to protect King's Landing.

Course, we could all be dead wrong about Cersei dying just yet anyway. Maggy's prophecy in the show left out the part about being killed by her little brother, so maybe Daenerys is the younger and more beautiful queen that casts her down. Don't really how Daenerys could take all she held dear at that point, unless Daenerys ends up marrying Jaime. What a crazy twist that would be.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Cersei loves her children sure but that's not what defines her actions. If she were offered the choice of go live on a farm with your three kids and dirty clothes or your kids die but you're the queen which do you think she chooses. All she ever does is make the worst choice possible.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Maybe Cersei and Daenerys will somehow kill each other once Daenerys makes it to KL. That'd be the best outcome for those two characters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus Christ, this explains so much. Maybe this was common knowledge but I only just now found this out.

rrr_img_136051.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Dany's ok still. She has dragons. And somehow seems to think that Yara can civilize the vikings by decree just by virtue of not having a weiner. It's cute and couldn't possibly end in tears and a whole lotta dead ass vikings.

Cersei has been driven into the fucking ground though. They shouldn't even kill her. They should just lock her in a tower in casterly rock for her own safety, after they kill her flesh golem guard.

Edit: I didn't know it, but it makes sense why people are calling Arya wolverine now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Suddenly I'm not so upset about the Arya scenes. They could have been, so, so much worse.

CSmtOFv.jpg

Neph_sl

shitlord
Speaking of locking people away, I could also see them go that route with the High Sparrow. They don't want to make a martyr of him, so maybe they'll just lock him away for treason.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Christ, this explains so much. Maybe this was common knowledge but I only just now found this out.

rrr_img_136051.jpg
Remember, a lot of that movie's shitty plot was due to the writer's strike. So, he might not be directly responsible...maybe indirectly responsible. Troy wasn't that great either though.