GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Caliane

Was there any scene where Margary learnt about the Wildfire? Because if not, her big "evacuate now" effort would be kind of silly considering bombings aren't exactly common in Westeros.
Red wedding. Hell, maybe even heard about Dothrak getting roasted alive together in a room..

Margery looking around going... "all her enemies are here, in one place, and she is not... " Its a reasonable leap to say, we need to leave now.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why would the Throne go to Jaime even if he is the new Lord of Casterly Rock? The Lannisters were not sitting the throne. Baratheons were.
It's not a legal succession, it's just a power one. The Lannisters before the last few episodes had the most people pledged to them (Or grateful to them for their new power), the Riverlands, The North, the Vale. The Baratheons don't have anyone, and all their main houses heirs are dead (Which probably means the lesser houses are fighting over the succession in that area).

The head of the Lannisters seizing the throne makes sense if said person could convice all the people they put in power that the rule was stable. But with Cersei doing the seizing and not the actual Lord of the Lannister family? Yeah, it wouldn't have worked anyway (Even if we don't count the fact that all the people who were indebted to the Lannisters are now dead.)

Kevan is still hand of the king (unless I missed him being killed?) so he should be sitting on the throne until a new king is appointed by whatever the official protocol is.
He'd dead, he was in the Sept.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
It honestly would have made more sense if they had used leftover Wildfire from the defense of King's Landing than implying that huge caches were "found" that have been hidden for decades.
But that's what actually happens in the books; they found some hidden away from the time of Aerys - at the end of Aerys' life, he had caches stored away beneath major areas of the city. The gates, the red keep, the dragonpit and the sept. In the books, the dragonpit cache is the one they uncovered, with 300 jars.

That cache coupled with the alchemists "spells" made their creation of it much faster. It was how they were able to create vast amounts of it when both Tyrion and Cersei asked for it.

They also mention that Jamie Lannister knew about the hidden caches. They used wildfire for the battle of blackwater, but it would not be surprising to find out Jamie told her about other hidden stores. (Including the one under the sept.)

I was wondering that as well. You basically have to assume she did. So at that point Arya is basically just pure evil since she's now taking casualties she should have absolutely no beef with simply to kill the people she feels personally wronged by ... which is pretty fucked up.
We don't know she did that. In the scene with Jaqen, Arya is removing his "faces" until she comes on her own. It could have been similar.

But at this point, are we really worried about kitchen maids getting caught in the crossfire? The fatal flaw of house Stark has been honor - It killed Ned, it killed Robb. Arya lets these kind of quibbles stay her hand, and she'd die as fast as the rest of them.

They died, she got told to "Git gud" so she did.

Fuck all your kitchen maids.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure why everyone freaking out about this, obviously a lot of time between the scenes.

- Jamie traveled from the Twins back to Kings Landing.
- John snow settled into Winterfell and the lords who were not present traveled there for a meeting
- Ayra healed up and traveled across the sea and to the twins.

Why is it so unlikely that Varys sailed back during all this and a bit more time passed?

I realize its a long way but would everyone had been if they showed the sailing scene at the beginning of the next episode(if we had one)? Somehow time between episodes correlates with time passing in Westeros?
It's not, some people are just stupid unfortunately stupid people are the last to know they're stupid.

Tenks

Jamie doesn't have the best reputation, either. It isn't a stretch to say the majority of lords preferred Cersei over Jamie. Especially if they couldn't prove Cersei was behind the wildfire attack.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Amazing episode but one thing was bugging me - what was the point of luring Lancel down to the wildfyre cache and stabbing, but not killing him? Like....if he was 10 seconds quicker he would have pinched out those 3 candles to stop the explosion (though maybe there were more than just those 3). Did Cersei just want to make sure he died?

Also, what was implied by the mountain with the nun? Daily rape or what? He took off his mask and I thought I heard the sound of him taking off other armor as well.
I just figured he wasn't even supposed to see that kid. The kid was probably making sure everyone was in the Sept and that the trial had begun. Lancel happened to see it, ends up getting shanked. What was more unbelievable is why the kid would just stab him once. He got awful close to foiling the plan.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Red wedding. Hell, maybe even heard about Dothrak getting roasted alive together in a room..

Margery looking around going... "all her enemies are here, in one place, and she is not... " Its a reasonable leap to say, we need to leave now.
Right, an at least feasible alternative scenario that would justify this would be if Ser Sea had the doors to the Sept blockaded with everyone inside and set the place on fire, but that might not be as effective, and also would have been stale after Dany did that same shit to the Dothraki.

But the point being her having no frame of reference for an explosion doesn't mean she doesn't have any frame of reference to justify her fears in that situation.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had another look at the scene, and the serving girl that serves Bronn and makes eyes at Jaime is indeed Arya.

Also love the actor that plays Walder Frey. He plays that character so incredibly close to over the top that it's just a joy to watch. Great acting.

rrr_img_136288.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't, but then it shouldn't go to Cersei either. After they killed the Targaryens it really became a free for all. Are there no Baretheon uncles or cousins or anything that would be in line after Robert or his progeny? I know Robert's brothers are both dead without issue.
Like I said, this will need to be addressed almost immediately next season. Robert Baratheon became king because he was Lord of the Stormlands, killed off the Targ Dynasty and made an alliance with House Lannister. Giving him enough support/forces to declare that he was the king without anyone causing much of a fuss about it. He had the added benefit of being best buds with Lord Stark and Lord Arryn. Both of whom had no problem declaring the Vale and the North to his claim. House Tully, through marriage into House Stark also supported his claim.

Cersei has literally none of that. Not one. For the sake of argument, and that it isn't mentioned in the show at all, let's assume the Stormlands and House Baratheon is spent. So they can't really affect anything. Even if they were still around. I highly doubt whoever the current lord of the Stormlands is would declare for House Lannister.

1. House Stark - Hates lannisters. Focused on internal shit at the moment. Would never support House Lannister.
2. House Arryn - Supports House Stark
3. House Tyrel - lol, and has a huge army due to the population of the Reach being the highest in the kingdoms. Supports Dany
4. House Frey - dead. House Tully will likely return to their rightful places as Lord of the Riverlands and never support House Lannister. Will support House Stark.
5. House Martel - openly hates House Lannister -Supports Dany
6. House Targaryen - massive Army. Dragons. Support of multiple other houses.
7. House Greyjoy - One half supports Dany, the other half also supports Dany for his own benefit...

All she has is House Lannister and the Lannister bannermen. Not that she knows it yet I suppose.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget the bankers may re-enter the story against the Lanisters too. She's truly fucked.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like I said, this will need to be addressed almost immediately next season. Robert Baratheon became king because he was Lord of the Stormlands, killed of the Targ Dynasty and made an alliance with House Lannister. Giving him enough support/forces to declare that he was the king without anyone causing much of a fuss about it. He had the added benefit of being best buds with Lord Stark, and Lord Arryn. Both of whom had no problem declaring the Vale and the North to his claim.
Robert was also like 1/8 Targaryen. His grandmother was a Targ, so he had a legitimate claim to the throne.

Tenks

There is also a theme with the latter seasons that no one actually wants the throne outside of Dany. I'll take your list:

1. House Stark - Openly declaring king of the North. May not even move south to capture KL. Probably not interested in ruling over a united 7 more interested in a succeeded North.
2. House Aryn - LFprobablydoes want the throne but doesn't have the manpower/support to overthrow.
3. House Tyrel - Now allied to Dany -- who is on her way; so no point in moving on the throne. Has no real people to sit the throne, either.
4. House Frey - Insignificant in this whole deal. Does have plenty of people to sit the throne at least.
5. House Martel - like Tyrel. But would put a sand snake on the throne.
6. House Targaryen - Above.
7. House Greyjoy - Above.

Cersei is sitting on the throne because at the moment no one wants it until Dany arrives to take it. Really the only other person I'd see even having interest in it at the moment is Littlefinger but he's dealing with his own stuff. Cersei won't sit the throne for long, though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, this will need to be addressed almost immediately next season. Robert Baratheon became king because he was Lord of the Stormlands, killed of the Targ Dynasty and made an alliance with House Lannister. Giving him enough support/forces to declare that he was the king without anyone causing much of a fuss about it. He had the added benefit of being best buds with Lord Stark, and Lord Arryn. Both of whom had no problem declaring the Vale and the North to his claim.

Cersei has literally none of that. Not one. For the sake of argument, and that it isn't mentioned in the show at all, let's assume the Stormlands and House Baratheon is spent. So they can't really affect anything. Even if they were still around. I highly doubt whoever the current lord of the Stormlands is would declare for House Lannister.

1. House Stark - Hates lannisters. Focused on internal shit at the moment. Would never support House Lannister.
2. House Aryn - Supports House Stark
3. House Tyrel - lol, and has a huge army due to the population of the Reach being the highest in the kingdoms. Supports Dany
4. House Frey - dead. House Tully will likely return to their rightful places as Lord of the Riverlands and never support House Lannister. Will support House Stark.
5. House Martel - openly hates House Lannister -Supports Dany
6. House Targaryen - massive Army. Dragons. Support of multiple other houses.
7. House Greyjoy - One half supports Dany, the other half also supports Dany for his own benefit...

All she has is House Lannister and the Lannister bannermen. Not that she knows it yet I suppose.
Yeah, Cersei is the queen of no-one at this point. That's the whole irony of it.

Sevens

Log Wizard
So many epic moments this episode. I think my favorite of the smaller moments was Daenerys pinning the badge of office on Tyrion officially making him Hand of the Queen.
Mine is Cersei shutting the dungeon door and saying 'Shame, Shame"

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Had another look at the scene, and the serving girl that serves Bronn and makes eyes at Jaime is indeed Arya.

Also love the actor that plays Walder Frey. He plays that character so incredibly close to over the top that it's just a joy to watch. Great acting.
We're not arguing if it's the same actress. Rather, we're wondering if that's the actual maid at that point, or if the switch had already been made.

Admittedly, Frey makes the quote asking if she's his, which seems to maybe suggest he had never seen her before.

I think there were comments before about how he had so many children and grandchildren, he couldn't keep track of them.

I'm assuming it's Arya at this point already, just for the added awesome of her sizing Jamie up, contemplating if she has time to kill him too, instead of eyefucking him.