GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
HBO Now is $14.99/mo, and runs beautifully on my Roku. HBO Now is definitely the best way to watch GoT.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
LOL What is this, 1994? Downloading = theft? I'm just not sure where to pick up this debate; I thought it ended a decade or two ago.
There was never any debate over the fact that downloading = theft. It was just a matter if we gave a shit or not.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Your fuckin trollin me. A seemingly internet savvy person in 2017 still selling the pathetic "downloading = theft" crock? I cant understand the psychological forces that would drive a person to make such a statement.

Theft is morally wrong specifically because it removes the property from the victim. If the victim still has their property after an event, that event was not theft. You may dislike it, you may call it copyright violation or any number of other things, but it is inarguably NOT theft.

Whats next, shall we debate whether the this e commerce thing is really gonna take off? Perhaps youd like to discuss whether email is here to stay as a mode of communication? I know, lets debate whether handheld mobile internet devices are a realistic possibility!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Your fuckin trollin me.
*you're

fuck you're stupid. no wonder you can't get a job that allows you to afford $15 for HBO :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

stealing is unlawfully taking something that doesn't belong to you. the impact of the crime might not be as immediately evident (especially to a dumb shit like yourself) but it's certainly still there. try to spin it / justify it however the fuck you want, you're still a shit-for-brains poverty monkey :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
*you're

fuck you're stupid. no wonder you can't get a job that allows you to afford $15 for HBO :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

stealing is unlawfully taking something that doesn't belong to you. the impact of the crime might not be as immediately evident (especially to a dumb shit like yourself) but it's certainly still there. try to spin it / justify it however the fuck you want, you're still a shit-for-brains poverty monkey :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

This message brought to you by HBO GO

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Your fuckin trollin me. A seemingly internet savvy person in 2017 still selling the pathetic "downloading = theft" crock? I cant understand the psychological forces that would drive a person to make such a statement.

Theft is morally wrong specifically because it removes the property from the victim. If the victim still has their property after an event, that event was not theft. You may dislike it, you may call it copyright violation or any number of other things, but it is inarguably NOT theft.

Whats next, shall we debate whether the this e commerce thing is really gonna take off? Perhaps youd like to discuss whether email is here to stay as a mode of communication? I know, lets debate whether handheld mobile internet devices are a realistic possibility!

Come on dude, this is a horseshit rationalization and you know it. They are selling a product and you are taking advantage of it without paying for it. If you want to argue semantics about the technical meaning of the word "theft" then feel free. All I'm saying is that you must be quite a loser if you have to find a way to illegally acquire something that you can get legitimately for $15 and this show would not exist if everyone chose to be a leech on society in this way.

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thefts is by definition taking something that isn't lawfully yours

I don't care if you do it (in this circumstance), but don't be a pussy and own up to the fact that you are doing it rather than trying a half ass rationalization

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

I wonder what website they're using...

In other news, I legitimately PAY for HBO via my cable bill. And I still torrent the new episode, just so I can have it forever (until buying the bluray and deleting said torrent). I don't even watch the torrent. I just like "having" a copy if I want it for whatever reason.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
Yes, piracy is theft.

That's why we call it piracy.

It just happens to be one sin i'm willing to take on.

THE ONE.

In my defense, I'd be just as happy if this show didn't exist though.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Is it considered theft to contact Comcast once a year and threaten to cancel, thereby maintaining the premium and sports packages for free? I haven't ever paid for HBO et al, and I don't have to spend a moment worrying about the Interweb police. Of course my cable bill is still inexcusably high, so I'm sure HBO is still making its money in there somewhere.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anything, the cost of cable channels in general is legalized theft.

There's a lot of gray area to the concept of media and theft, as far as I'm concerned. Take the series Letterkenny, which is fucking amazing. Except there was (there might be now, but there most certainly wasn't 6 months ago) no legal way for Americans to view the content without using a Canadian address and paying in Canadabucks or whatever they use up there. Because the service was strictly for Canadians. Is it theft when the company in question simply doesn't offer the product in your area? And the "loss" of revenue attached to it is a flat $0 because you could never have purchased it legally in the first place?

Region locking is absolutely retarded in this day and age, and I happily promote "theft" of products that are 100% not offered in your local area because of it. But if you legitimately use and enjoy a product? Pay for that shit if it is possible in your area. That's how shit gets made.

I also have an issue with the concept of limited demos and software. If your product only shines when the customer can access a small percentage of it, it is a shit product. Build better products, and people will pay for them. Or offer them at prices that make sense in the modern marketplace. Rabble rabble Left4Dead example.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Is it considered theft to contact Comcast once a year and threaten to cancel, thereby maintaining the premium and sports packages for free? I haven't ever paid for HBO et al, and I don't have to spend a moment worrying about the Interweb police. Of course my cable bill is still inexcusably high, so I'm sure HBO is still making its money in there somewhere.
No, that's called negotiating.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

There's a lot of gray area to the concept of media and theft, as far as I'm concerned. Take the series Letterkenny, which is fucking amazing. Except there was (there might be now, but there most certainly wasn't 6 months ago) no legal way for Americans to view the content without using a Canadian address and paying in Canadabucks or whatever they use up there. Because the service was strictly for Canadians. Is it theft when the company in question simply doesn't offer the product in your area? And the "loss" of revenue attached to it is a flat $0 because you could never have purchased it legally in the first place?

Region locking is absolutely retarded in this day and age, and I happily promote "theft" of products that are 100% not offered in your local area because of it. But if you legitimately use and enjoy a product? Pay for that shit if it is possible in your area. That's how shit gets made.

I also have an issue with the concept of limited demos and software. If your product only shines when the customer can access a small percentage of it, it is a shit product. Build better products, and people will pay for them. Or offer them at prices that make sense in the modern marketplace. Rabble rabble Left4Dead example.
Sorry buckeroo, it's theft no matter which way you try to spin it. There are some circumstances where you could say it's more perhaps less avoidable, such as situations where certain regions don't have access to said shows, but this is not one of those cases since HBO now is available to everybody at $15 / month.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nice to see the spoiler debate has lived on.

Also, what fucking momo actually has cable any more? TJT, I thought more of you. I will never pay for commercials. And that is all DirectTV is.

Either way, stay out of the thread if you don't want to be spoilered. Fags.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Holy shit you're fucking dumb.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Really? Legalized theft? Nobody is forcing you to pay for cable. If it costs too much for what you get out of it, don't buy it.

Why do you hate capitalism?