GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
During the silent credits she is like..."You shouted out at least a dozen times that Catelyn and Robb better be fucking dead for good...and die die die horrible shitty worthless characters".
I don't care about your feels, but if you had started yelling that during that scene I would have paused the TV and made you leave. How annoying can you be?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a world of difference between Bronn and his men singing it before Blackwater, the version sung in a really low tone over barely audible music and the "instrumental" version that featured in the Red Wedding. I bet the majority of non book readers didn't realise the significance
Yeah I don't think many non-book readers knew what song was being played, just that there was a massive mood shift as soon as it started and Catelyn knew something was up.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Question to the non book readers - how many of you knew that the band playing "Rains of Castermere" was the signal for the slaughter to start? Or rather did you recognise that tune as being Rains of Castermere?
They made it fairly obvious. Cat was already starting to act suspicious they started playing. They then started with the music, and I thought, oh I'm pretty sure that's the Lannister song from earlier so they are probably signaling shit to go down.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then we have Robb "entitled son" Stark who betrayed everything his father stood for, honor, by going back on his word and breaking his vow to Frey by marrying some random piece of ass.
The father who cheated on his wife and came back from the war with a bastard?

Flesseck

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it was mostly because, as readers, we believe in the Starks to find their retribution for the unjustly demise of Ned. And especially considering that Robb embodied his father's spirit. You wanted him to win to get back at those who wronged his family. It's not about who's annoying and who isn't. Each character is full of unique flavor. It was literally good vs. evil for a while, and this shook it up because of what choices were made. Yes, it was foolish to make such decisions, but it seems that's what GRRM wanted to portray. Play the game of thrones or you die.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He may be talking about how the scene was acted. I thought it was kind of funny how it seemed like a prison shanking.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
How are baby stark and ginger stark ever going to compete with Prof X stark and I-have-a-magic-coin-that-summons-a-ninja-assassin stark?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I think it was mostly because, as readers, we believe in the Starks to find their retribution for the unjustly demise of Ned. And especially considering that Robb embodied his father's spirit. You wanted him to win to get back at those who wronged his family. It's not about who's annoying and who isn't. Each character is full of unique flavor. It was literally good vs. evil for a while, and this shook it up because of what choices were made. Yes, it was foolish to make such decisions, but it seems that's what GRRM wanted to portray. Play the game of thrones or you die.
Thank you for answering my question with a real response.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
He may be talking about how the scene was acted. I thought it was kind of funny how it seemed like a prison shanking.
Exactly!

I felt like I was watching an episode of Oz.

I watched the scene again and it looks like they even sped up how fast the guy goes all stabbity stab stab while that chick makes the horrible shocked face.

I was waiting for the steward to hand the shank to another underling behind his back and slink away.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was also with SorrowsEnd during that scene because when Robb and Cat stood back up I was screaming "No end it! Don't let them live!" I was getting very, very nervous during Cat's speech that she and Robb may not die. And I wanted them gone very badly. Also thought it was kind of dumb Robb had crossbow bolts sticking out of him and he was just walking around like nothing just happened.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you watch the reaction vids most people are tense as fuck when the music starts, but that's as much just because it's set up to be "uh oh..something is coming" with Cat's reaction and the tone. Folks really caught on shit was about to get bad when she noticed the chainmail.

For the Lady Stoneheart scene, she's introduced in the epilogue of AFFC, right? They could stick that at the start of next season or season 5.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I was also with SorrowsEnd during that scene because when Robb and Cat stood back up I was screaming "No end it! Don't let them live!" I was getting very, very nervous during Cat's speech that she and Robb may not die. And I wanted them gone very badly. Also thought it was kind of dumb Robb had crossbow bolts sticking out of him and he was just walking around like nothing just happened.
All I could think about was Fellowship of the Ring when Boromir is fighting the orcs with the giant arrows stuck in him.

Sort of fitting, eh?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I don't think many non-book readers knew what song was being played, just that there was a massive mood shift as soon as it started and Catelyn knew something was up.
Catelyn shifty eyes and them closing the door to the hall gave it away for my wife... she knew something was going on. She kept on saying "WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHAT IS HAPPENING??" and I just started smiling and laughing.

iannis

Musty Nester
The only reason I knew it was Castamere is because I expected it to be Castamere.

Sure, the song has been played 4 times in 2 years. It's been 4 different versions of it and it's not a very memorable melody. It's a Ye-Olde version of a Dave Matthews song. It's perfectly fine for what it is, there's nothing wrong with it, it's technically proficient, but you don't go around humming it either.

You'd think more than just Cat would have been pissed off that they were playing a Lannister song during a Stark wedding. But it's really not at all a big deal. That was 100% a book reader fan service set piece.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't know the song was signaling bad stuff, but they kept panning the camera to that dude that shut the door. The way they kept showing him I knew something was up. I had been slightly spoiled in knowing that Robb would die, but I had no idea if it was this season or next or what. I did not know the red wedding would go down like that.