GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone got a freeze frame of the undead just as the Dothraki charged into them? My Apple TV isn't responsive enough, but there was about 6 or 7 frames of the undead finally coming out of the shadows and it looked fucking crazy

you see the legs of a giant as a dothraki charges in and he looks up scared as fuck, a moment before that you do see the flaming boulders hit a bunch of undead but it doesn't really tell you anything other than the dothraki are about to charge into a lot of undead

VIBcFZA.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Night King confirmed boosted character; died easily in pvp to a low level rogue.

I'd argue that she's not a low level rogue... She's racked up a LOT of kills, and soloed an entire instance (the Frey's) effectively. Not to mention she was also twinked up with gear from Bran. She also leveled up through the "faceless men" leveling zone. She's been on the min maxxed DPS spec life for a while.

More pissed about, as mentioned already, Bran going AFK as soon as the boss got pulled.

I agree with the general synopsis that the biggest problem with the episode was the cinematography. WAY TOO DARK. I had to kill all the lights in my living room and then jack with the settings on my TV to try to brighten it up. A little let down that, at least apparently, there were not enough high profile kills to call this a GRRM production. ;)

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't get the dark shit. I must have really good eyesight or you're all blind and really old.

How did you watch it? My HBO channel looked like standard def on my 1080p. Looked washed out as if I download a cam copy.

I regret paying hbo for this season. Should have just torrented this shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife and I have just taken to watching Thrones with all of the lights out. Its literally the only way I can see shit. Possible that my TV's blacks just aren't the greatest. It's an LED from like 2013.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I don't get the dark shit. I must have really good eyesight or you're all blind and really old.

Probably related to how you watched it. I streamed it over Amazon Prime and it was clearly compressed into oblivion and whenever there was a lot of action on screen it devolved into a blurry mess. Throw minimal lighting on top of that and it was a challenge to watch to say the least. GoT has always looked and sounded far better on Blu Ray for me.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
How did you watch it? My HBO channel looked like standard def on my 1080p. Looked washed out as if I download a cam copy.

I regret paying hbo for this season. Should have just torrented this shit.

We are cancelling our cable connection after this season is done, there is literally nothing else we actually on tv except the news in the morning and that is half nonsense anyways. (Animal stories, celeb news, weather, and occasional real news though usually typical fake news)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty much over criticizing the show for laziness, bad writing, etc. I'll admit it, I have lowered my bar and expectations over the last 3 seasons and I enjoy the show more now due to it. That being said, my main problem with this episode is just that we got rid of what was the ultimate enemy and there are still 3 episodes left. Is Cersei supposed to be a bigger enemy than the literal threat to all mankind, the White Walkers? I'm interested in what the fuck is going to happen over the next 3 episodes, but i fear it will be anticlimactic in the absence of the Night King.

I agree. Did you watch on regular TV or through a torrent or HBO app? HBO Go looked perfectly clear. It was dark due to it being at night, but not dark to where I thought I couldn't see what I was supposed to be seeing. We also watch with our other lights off.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
We are cancelling our cable connection after this season is done, there is literally nothing else we actually on tv except the news in the morning and that is half nonsense anyways. (Animal stories, celeb news, weather, and occasional real news though usually typical fake news)

but then you'll miss all the great new shows HBO has in development like

A Black Lady Sketch Show - black ladies do sketch comedy
The Undoing - Nicole Kidman is a therapist who loses her husband
The Nevers - a gang of victorian woman find themselves with unusual abilities
The Plot Against America - a working class Jewish family watches the rise of Charles Lindbergh, a xenophobic populist
Run - Ruby lives a humdrum existence until one day she gets a text
Euphoria - follows the true story of a teenager who was murdered outside a club

now that is some can't miss TV, son

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
you see the legs of a giant as a dothraki charges in and he looks up scared as fuck, a moment before that you do see the flaming boulders hit a bunch of undead but it doesn't really tell you anything other than the dothraki are about to charge into a lot of undead

VIBcFZA.jpg

I went through HBO on my browser and was able to find that too. That's pretty wicked. I didn't catch it last night.
The bit when the flaming boulder hits and you see all the undead flying by was a nice touch

Also this when they finally make it to the unsullied

Really cool how it was just a massive wave of undead.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
but then you'll miss all the great new shows HBO has in development like

A Black Lady Sketch Show - black ladies do sketch comedy
The Undoing - Nicole Kidman is a therapist who loses her husband
The Nevers - a gang of victorian woman find themselves with unusual abilities
The Plot Against America - a working class Jewish family watches the rise of Charles Lindbergh, a xenophobic populist
Run - Ruby lives a humdrum existence until one day she gets a text

now that is some can't miss TV, son
Christ, is this list for real?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I went through HBO on my browser and was able to find that too. That's pretty wicked. I didn't catch it last night.
The bit when the flaming boulder hits and you see all the undead flying by was a nice touch

View attachment 205307

That wave of undead was fucking awesome looking.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

View attachment 205307

Yeah that really showed just how fucked they were. Reminded me of this.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
I'm pretty much over criticizing the show for laziness, bad writing, etc. I'll admit it, I have lowered my bar and expectations over the last 3 seasons and I enjoy the show more now due to it. That being said, my main problem with this episode is just that we got rid of what was the ultimate enemy and there are still 3 episodes left. Is Cersei supposed to be a bigger enemy than the literal threat to all mankind, the White Walkers? I'm interested in what the fuck is going to happen over the next 3 episodes, but i fear it will be anticlimactic in the absence of the Night King.

It's Game of Thrones though, not Game of Undead. I've never read the books so i have zero context outside of the show, but when it originally launched I had someone explain to me that is was about people ignoring this threat of the NK for their stupid fights over rulership and dominion. All the backstabbing and power shifts were what the story was really about. The ultimate showdown is between Cersei and John/Danny now.

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's Game of Thrones though, not Game of Undead. I've never read the books so i have zero context outside of the show, but when it originally launched I had someone explain to me that is was about people ignoring this threat of the NK for their stupid fights over rulership and dominion. All the backstabbing and power shifts were what the story was really about. The ultimate showdown is between Cersei and John/Danny now.

That is a ludicrous opinion to draw based on those very facts. They were all ignoring what the north was warning them about until one by one they were shown the real threat. Cersei's decision to withhold troops and fight the leftovers was foolish and petulant. The only way that could work out is if they end up winning in the North (which they did because the NK is apparently a punk bitch). If the NKs army wins he now has an even bigger army via resurrection.

It's called Game of Thrones but you'd have to be ignoring the actual story to hand wave off this tragically bad writing and culmination of the NK storyline as "Well it was always about that stupid chair in KL anyway!"

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'm just going to reserve the thought that all of the characters that should have died last night
will die in the battle for KL

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The books'(and the show's) very first scene is showing the return of the White Walkers. It sets the stage there, in my opinion, that this is at the heart of the show. All the politics and backstabbing are shown to be pointless in the face of the true enemy. It just feels a bit hollow for that threat to now be gone, yet still 3 episodes remain. We'll see...

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I agree. Did you watch on regular TV or through a torrent or HBO app? HBO Go looked perfectly clear. It was dark due to it being at night, but not dark to where I thought I couldn't see what I was supposed to be seeing. We also watch with our other lights off.
Bran still has time to become the Night King. Going south to face Cersei is just a convenience for him to finish the temporal loop! Wasn't the fan theory centered around God's Eye lake?

Otherwise the "writers" are going to have to explain how the NK's plan hinged upon getting dragons(that he didn't know about) north of the wall.

lol, they aren't going to explain that. The best/worst part of this show is exposing people you thought were smart for thinking this is great TV.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
It's called Game of Thrones but you'd have to be ignoring the actual story to hand wave off this tragically bad writing and culmination of the NK storyline as "Well it was always about that stupid chair in KL anyway!"

I fully acknowledge this is stupid but clearly is the direction the writers have taken. Without a complete series to go off of, who knows how GRRM was going to end it. It feels very rushed.

I really wanted the NK to just eradicate everyone and march on KL. Up until Arya's magic leap, I figured that was what was going to happen. John would survive somehow and would defeat NK after he destroys Cercei for her arrogance. Would have been a better story IMO but that's not what was delivered.