GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

iannis

Musty Nester
Remember the Alamo!

Actually I sort of expect that there won't be any major casualties for named characters at the wall. Lots of fuckers will die, but it's gonna be like once-named Brothers. Probably that little kid is gonna get WREKT.

I have no pre-knowledge or anything. That's just a great fight scene that they've been setting up for at least 2 seasons. Helms deep, the Alamo, ect. The inferior force holding against overwhelming numbers just because they're super scrappy.

I dunno. Maybe everyone dies.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had a feeling going into this episode that it wouldn't measure up to a lot of the 'epic' moments that happen throughout the story. Feeling meh about that entire episode wasn't at all a surprise to me.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah dunno, I wouldn't call it bad but it did feel very "meh" to me for some reason. It was also like 5 minutes shorter then episodes usually are.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reading already that quite a few book readers were disappointed. I really enjoyed the episode actually, but really, they should have included what was to come with
Stannis's army storming in and saving the day

Seriously, would have been AMAZING to have that happen this episode. How they are going to cram so many loose in one episode I have no idea. But I'm sure it'll probably end with the above spoiler.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Reading already that quite a few book readers were disappointed. I really enjoyed the episode actually, but really, they should have included what was to come with
Stannis's army storming in and saving the day

Seriously, would have been AMAZING to have that happen this episode. How they are going to cram so many loose in one episode I have no idea. But I'm sure it'll probably end with the above spoiler.
It's the spoiler thread man, no need for spoilers
tongue.png

But yes, it felt like this episode fell flat for specifically that reason. I was totally expecting at the very end, after the scythe scene; to watch as another group of climbers gets to the wall and the realization that despite their minor victory--it was the end. Only to see Stannis swoop in and turn them back. Was just very disappointing to see it end without that.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
The giant arrow knocking the guy up in the air was like a gag out of a slapstick comedy.
I thought that was the coolest part of the episode. Maybe the giant anchor turning wildlings into red mist.

So most of Jon's friends and like half the watch died, way more than in the book. Really wish they would have showed the battle with the giant in the tunnel. The effects were fantastic but they really only showed like 2 giants. Too much Gilly not enough fire. Too much Allister Thorne.

A 2 minute scene with Mance asking the legion of giants for a couple of them to destroy the gate and Mag the Mighty king of the giants accepting the challenge would have added some emotional resonance that was sorely missing. This was the apex of the book for me and watching it did not feel that way at all.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
It was good, but felt like it should have been longer. Giant fight in tunnel too costly apparently ;/

My hunch that Sam would end up a bad ass wizard was way off.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That disappointed you? Damn man. When that giant loaded up that "arrow" and shot that shit straight up the wall and send that dude flying? That was awesome.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought they did a fantastic job with the episode. Would have liked to see Gren vs the Giant but eh whatever. Thorne was actually kind of badass. Have to give him props for at least backing up his mouth unlike that coward Lord Slynt.
They would have had to leave out the whole Jon going after Mance to get Stannis in. Not that I would mind all that much but eh.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Only complaint was ending where they did. Kinda on a down note. Should have ended with Stannis. I loved the wallScythe. That was awesome.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they ended with Stannis it would have been too parallel to the Blackwater episode, I think.

I don't understand how they're going to fit everything unto the last episode.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
My only issue now is there is a ton of stuff to fit into the last episode which will be 66 minutes.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They don't have to fit it all into the finale. They could save some for next season. They didn't even show Stannis in the next week previews, did they? I thought the episode was solid.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well I figured they would have the Mance/Stannis stuff next episode. Have a last check in with Dany, and have Tyrion escape/kill Tywin and Lady Stoneheart. That is kind of a lot to get in there in my opinion.