GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

Showrunners just confirmed there was never a plan for LSH this season, primarily because there was already too much going on. Doesnt mean they will never use her.

As for Arya, one important thing to note is she basically took a page from the Hound playbook. Remember his reasoning for taking the farmer's money? Same deal here. It kind of symbolized that she took the lessons the Hound taught her to heart,

Cybsled

Well, she did say "my lion" before she saw it was Tyrion and clearly wasn't intending that for him, based on her reaction.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Based on that article from EW.com, how could Varys possibly have been involved in that? Then GRRM's like "Yeah, more info is coming in a book, but it hasn't been announced yet, so mum's the word."

He's trolling so hard.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention the coat with the symbol of the hand laying on the chair next to her bed. They clearly showed it to make sure we knew whose room it was.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"Are you going to die?" "Unless theirs a maester hiding behind that rock then yeah"
I know, it's funny to defend the belief that he's dead. It's surprising how many people are questioning if he *REALLY* died though.

GRRM is full of surpises, but most of them end up in someone suddenly dying as opposed to miraculously surviving.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I was getting so excited that maybe Coldhands would show up to save Bran... Then the scene cuts to a wight's black hands... 2 seconds later Jojen is getting stabbed by that wight. God damn you, HBO.

I am a little disappointed that they made the CotF little white kids. They're supposed to be 3 fingered magical squirrel-cat people. This show is 50/50 on either nailing characters or fucking them up completely.

As a TV show, the finale was really great. As a reader I am a bit disappointed in the details, but still great TV.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im rusty on the whole robert strong vs saved hound theory. actually i forget why cersei needs a champion too, i thought the walk of shame settled her problems with the septa? or was that just to let her out of the septa til the trial by combat? i know she chooses robert strong as her champion, how does hound play into this? is he with the sparrows and the septa knows who he is and they know who robert strong really is and know it will be a better battle or are they just going to the bullpen for their ace closer?

i also think they wont be cutting LSH or the hound because the material is getting lighter and lighter, basically if GRRM doesnt come out with WoW before next season i may have to bypass the show until he does release the book. i dont want to watch this show give its cliff notes version of a book nobody has read yet.

khalid

Unelected Mod
no way he releases the book before. hell they announce the book publishing date 6 months in advance.
Well, close, but yeah...
wikipedia_sl said:
On March 3, 2011, publishing imprint Bantam Spectra announced that the novel would be released on July 12, 2011.[1] Martin delivered the manuscript to his editor on April 27, 2011
It will possibly be out before season 5, but only if we hear an announcement in the next 4 or so months.

Firewalker

Silver Knight of the Realm
im rusty on the whole robert strong vs saved hound theory. actually i forget why cersei needs a champion too, i thought the walk of shame settled her problems with the septa? or was that just to let her out of the septa til the trial by combat? i know she chooses robert strong as her champion, how does hound play into this? is he with the sparrows and the septa knows who he is and they know who robert strong really is and know it will be a better battle or are they just going to the bullpen for their ace closer?

i also think they wont be cutting LSH or the hound because the material is getting lighter and lighter, basically if GRRM doesnt come out with WoW before next season i may have to bypass the show until he does release the book. i dont want to watch this show give its cliff notes version of a book nobody has read yet.
You realize you've just opened yourself up to massive spoilers from just about everyone on this site sending you messages next season right?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You realize you've just opened yourself up to massive spoilers from just about everyone on this site sending you messages next season right?
oh well, i will just try not to read those. its not like i get a lot of PMs as it is.

Cersei is forced to do the penance walk before her actual trial.
yeah, i figured that part, but i wasnt sure on why she had to if they are still going through with the trial? is it for a separate charge such as her being a lying whore or something?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reading some of the tv-viewer only articles, seems a lot of viewers have more issues with Shae dying then anything else. Some also questioned Tyrion's behavior since in the entire scene (with Jaime and then upstairs) you don't get the impression he's looking to kill anyone.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I know, it's funny to defend the belief that he's dead. It's surprising how many people are questioning if he *REALLY* died though.

GRRM is full of surpises, but most of them end up in someone suddenly dying as opposed to miraculously surviving.
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass or rude, The Hound knew he was dead, if he can accept it, so should others.