GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I want to say that the High Septon told her the walk was for penance in the eyes of man but that the trial by combat would be the decision of the gods. Basically "lol bitch that walk didn't mean jack."

But that could be a fanfic in my head because I don't remember clearly.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Good reddit post about Tyrion/Tywin situation, adds context for people that have not read the books:[ASOS/S04E10] Adding Context for non-readers... : gameofthrones
No TV show spoilers beyond what has been shown. Avoid the comments if you are on mobile, some mouseover spoilers below that sometimes show up on mobile.
I really can't get over the fact that they cut that, it makes absolutely no fucking sense, not even from a time perspective and there is only so much they can show in each episode. I can find many things in the episode that could have been shortened to allow for Jamies confession to Tyrion and it wouldn't have hurt the episode or the over all story arc. Just a few examples, John Snow told them to burn the bodies, did we actually need to see them actually burning the bodies and reciting their funeral words? What about Daenrys, did we need to see the first guy crying about not having anything to do now that he is free, we've seen shit like that before, I get the little girl burnt to a crisp that lead to her chaining the dragons but the other shit nope. I think that was a huge mistake and its completely evident by the fact that people here who haven't read the book were completely clueless and confused and left to wondering, hell the timing of these interviews with GRRM explaining this shit tells us he knew people would be confused by the omission of Jamies confession.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I dunno, I feel the changes made in the episode versus the books weren't necessarily for the better, and while I can understand some previous changes were necessary based on the fact that book 4/5 had timeline issues if transcribed directly to TV, the changes made to this episode have me scratching my head..

1) Why ignore the Tysha recollection? This was the true motive for Tyrion killing Tywin and it made sense. Shae cheating on him after already betraying him felt weak and using that as his reason for bloodlust seemed lacking. His father hypocrisy was a weak justification for murder when compared to the fact that his one true love was never a whore.

2) The skeletons/fireball scene. Part of what makes the book series so great is that it is more a medieval drama than traditional fantasy. This scene was something more suited to the latter and felt silly despite the quality special effects.

3) Brienne just happens to stumble across The Hound and Arya in the open wilderness? Da Fuq? I don't get why the writers decided having these two fight was the way to go..

4) Cersei in the books always came off as pure evil to me, while in the show they seem to dilute her despicability on the basis that everything she does is for the love of her children.

A good season overall, but having read all the way through book four, a big slice of this season either robbed from book 5 (which I haven't read) or has just started deviating from the source literature a bit too much for my liking. Amazing show but I do wish they had stuck to the source material for the subjects above

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I dunno, I feel the changes made in the episode versus the books weren't necessarily for the better, and while I can understand some previous changes were necessary based on the fact that book 4/5 had timeline issues if transcribed directly to TV, the changes made to this episode have me scratching my head..

1) Why ignore the Tysha recollection? This was the true motive for Tyrion killing Tywin and it made sense. Shae cheating on him after already betraying him felt weak and using that as his reason for bloodlust seemed lacking. His father hypocrisy was a weak justification for murder when compared to the fact that his one true love was never a whore.

2) The skeletons/fireball scene. Part of what makes the book series so great is that it is more a medieval drama than traditional fantasy. This scene was something more suited to the latter and felt silly despite the quality special effects.

3) Brienne just happens to stumble across The Hound and Arya in the open wilderness? Da Fuq? I don't get why the writers decided having these two fight was the way to go..

4) Cersei in the books always came off as pure evil to me, while in the show they seem to dilute her despicability on the basis that everything she does is for the love of her children.

A good season overall, but having read all the way through book four, a big slice of this season either robbed from book 5 (which I haven't read) or has just started deviating from the source literature a bit too much for my liking. Amazing show but I do wish they had stuck to the source material for the subjects above
1) His father just sentenced him to death for a crime his father knew he did not commit.

2) Seemed ok to me, but your milage may varry.

3) It makes sense there is one main path into the Eyrie to near the blood gate.

4) Doing things for her children seems more realistic, still evil as fuck tho.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know.. on point 2.. that shit is straight up fantasy in the books. Dude starts talking to trees n shit.

Whoever said it before, I had a problem that the little child was throwing like a girl. How the fuck did she have any accuracy?

Cybsled

All of the stuff you are nitpicking sets up plot arcs for the next season. The body burning was purely for the brief Mel scene to hint at her interest in him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I would have preferred Coldhands coming out of nowhere to save Bran instead sorcerer fireballs from Leaf.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with leaving the burning in. The talk between Tyrion and Jamie would have added to Tyrion's character, as welll as explaining Jamie's motivation more. If I had to choose what to cut to make room, I would have moved Dany's entire scene to the next season. Between Tyrion, Bran, Arya and Stannis at the Wall there was more than enough cliffhanger material, and Dany's scene did little more than show her having to make more compromises on her lofty ideals (which we already saw a few times before this season)

Still, cool to finally see Stannis' storyline get moving. A boy king on the Iron Throne with the man that actually ran the show dead, power is shifting.

rrr_img_69263.jpg

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
All of the stuff you are nitpicking sets up plot arcs for the next season. The body burning was purely for the brief Mel scene to hint at her interest in him.
Ah yes I remember fire lady giving Jon that look across the fire, yeah my bad that shouldn't have been cut, surely something will come of that.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
1) His father just sentenced him to death for a crime his father knew he did not commit.
While this may be true, I don't think the show portrayed it very well. It looked to me he was just looking to gtfo and then changed his mind at the last minute. Even once he got upstairs, he didn't have that look like 'Daddy is going down'. Even the wife, who hasn't read the books, assumed he killed Tywin only because of Shae.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They used Shae as Tysha basically, as far as Tywin killing motivations go. It just took all the impact of the Tyrion/Jaime interaction away. They could have replaced the Tysha talk with Jaime having some info on Tywin turning Shae and gotten the same impact without bringing up something from season 1.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They used Shae as Tysha basically, as far as Tywin killing motivations go. It just took all the impact of the Tyrion/Jaime interaction away. They could have replaced the Tysha talk with Jaime having some info on Tywin turning Shae and gotten the same impact without bringing up something from season 1.
This is what they should have done. Another 60 second dialogue with Jaime spilling the beans how Tywin turned/was fucking Shae.

Nobody knows who Tysha is. It would have taken too long to re-explain everything. From a character and storytelling aspect, Tyrion had all the motivation he needed to murder them without the Tysha angle, they just could have driven it home slightly better in the moments with Jaime and Tyrion in the tunnels.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
no kidding,

That magic did not look like other magic that magically saves the day with magic. No +1 Accuracy belt that I could see, to the forums!