Gran Turismo 7

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is a true testament to what passionate people can do when they have the resources and time. Its like a love story to cars, and its incredible. Im having more fun than Elden Ring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wasnt going to pick this up right away since it came out so close to Elden Ring and Horizon but this video just caused me to order it. Trying to go as far as possible on very limited gas sounds really fun

Can you pick a Tesla in that mode?

Also they should rename it “Driving to work in 2023” simulator.

• 1Worf

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Didnt want Elden Ring to end since it is so good and started playing this on the side. This game is amazing. The way the adaptive triggers and trumble act with shifts and breaking really makes it feel like driving a real car. I dont think I can ever go back to Forza now after playing this.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Yea this is truly a next gen game. It took a while but its here.

Jozu

Meh. Its not that big of a deal. Im not a fan of it, but at the end of the day I dont see why someone shouldnt be able to just spend to buy a car like someone spends to buy a skin. I get they also took steps to make it harder to earn in game credits, which is garbage.

edit: You know what is a big deal though? The game only being playable if you are online and the game server is available. The game server said down for maintenance as I loaded the game, and then after the intro it just went to a black screen with a loading icon on the bottom and just never progressed...lol what the fuck?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Been over a day and the servers are still offline making the game playable. They must have messed up something big time.

spronk

FPS noob

meanwhile mario kart on switch launched new courses today and i played them just fine, sad when Nintendo is doing shit better than you

Jozu

The fact that I cant play a 75$ game I just bought because reasons makes me not want to ever give these people my fucking money again. That shit is fucking inexcusble.

• 1Rustled

spronk

FPS noob

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

• Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
  • Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
  • Increase of rewards in Online Races.
  • Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
  • Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
  • Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. We can't confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com.

• Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Ranking battles in Online Time Trials will be made more advantageous with rewards. earned based on achieving a time that is within +1%, +2%, +3%, and +5% of top time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Just started playing this. It's everything I hoped it was.

If you're like me and grew up with Gran Turismo 1 & 2 on the PS1 and thought they were amazing, well this is heaven. So glad I bought this.

I know this forum leans toward fantasy and adventure games, but this is such a quality game, I think many of you would enjoy it even if you've never given much thought to racing games.

I'll be playing this one bit by bit for a long, long time I'm sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just started playing this. It's everything I hoped it was.

If you're like me and grew up with Gran Turismo 1 & 2 on the PS1 and thought they were amazing, well this is heaven. So glad I bought this.

I know this forum leans toward fantasy and adventure games, but this is such a quality game, I think many of you would enjoy it even if you've never given much thought to racing games.

I'll be playing this one bit by bit for a long, long time I'm sure.

I'm still half-assed looking for a PS5 (and yes, I signed up at Sony direct too) and then a rig with wheels and pedals. Like you, I'm searching for that hit of GT1 and 2 from when I was a teen and bought them with my own money.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Like you, I'm searching for that hit of GT1 and 2 from when I was a teen
You'd probably understand this story then:

On GT2, they had this bad ass beaut:

13-ford-gt90.jpg

I'm sure you remember they had the endurance races which were like... 30 lap races on 2 minute long courses, so every victory took like 1 hour. You won a prize car every time. Winning was easy... I'd like quintuple lap 2nd place every checkered flag, but it still was a long, boring slog every time. This car was the rare win from one of them and it was the ONLY way to win it. I had a save file on a memory card with sooo many cars like this that took not just hours, days, but weeks of farming due to rarity of obtaining them, like this one.

Until one day when my brother's dum dum friend was fucking with files on the memory card and I woke up the next day and an entire card was wiped.

So pissed... I never got this car back, I was just like... wellp... that entire game is staying a memory.

I'd be stoked if this car is in GT7 but I honestly haven't looked at a list of rare cars from this game. I intend to discover this game on my own just like I did in the 90s.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's brutal. Not sure I would have reacted well in the same situation.

It seems the GT7 car selection is good so far, but not expansive. However, I believe there will continue to be releases of cars and tracks for a while, so that unicorn may reappear.