Gran Turismo Sport PS4 exclusive

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
In Sport mode, drivers can prove just how fast they are by putting down their fastest lap time. At the end of each qualifying session, it’s an all-out battle with up to 24 cars against drivers with similar performance abilities ensuring each race is equal, fair, and highly competitive.

Campaign mode gives players the chance to improve their driving skills across numerous challenges, missions, and circuit experiences. Each of these modes play a key role in making every driver better prepared for racing online against others. As you complete various trial and Daily Workouts, you will be awarded with numerous vehicle unlocks, in-game currency, and Experience Points, furthering your Driver Profile and personal garage.

For those looking to just jump in and drive, the Arcade mode offers a wide range of vehicle classes on three pre-selected circuit configurations with different terrains. Whether you want to go for high-speed oval racing on Northern Isle, hone your technical skills on Dragon Trail, or drift sideways through the corners in rally, race on your own terms as you choose from multiple driving aids including braking and or steering to hone your skills. You can also race against a friend offline in the classic 2-player split screen mode.

The True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering tech of Scapes must be experienced firsthand to be truly appreciated. This is not your traditional photo mode as each photo location contains all the light energy information of that scene, enabling you to place your personalized car in hundreds of real world locations.

To round out the demo experience, the Livery Editor allows you to add your own personal touch of customization through numerous logo designs. You can also change the color of the car, wheels, mirrors, hood, spoiler, and much more.

I'm not buying the game at launch since circuit racing is not really that fun for me (as my meh time with FM7 has proven) but the visuals are certainly impressive, especially if the game is rock solid 60 FPS in both SP and MP

Will this dethrone Forza as the current racing champ?

gtsportdemo9_991photoshop_by_vspectra-dbpvodu.gif

gtsportdemo9_92photoshop_by_vspectra-dbpvpem.gif

img]

GYt3xR2.gif

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded to give it a try and it looks gorgeous but man the default hud has way too much screen presence. Especially hate that the lap timer is almost dead center of the screen and huge. Found it very distracting.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Downloaded last night and played a bit. Basically finished the free stuff. Now waiting for game to come out and drop below €30 (I'm a cheap fuck).

Had way too much fun. Once we get the new TV I'm moving the 40" to the mancave and taking one of the Playstations with me.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Downloaded to give it a try and it looks gorgeous but man the default hud has way too much screen presence. Especially hate that the lap timer is almost dead center of the screen and huge. Found it very distracting.

I think the hud is fine. What kind of TV are you using? Might be your resolution. I'm sure there will be an option in the full release to turn all that off.

I have always been a huge GT fan, I pre-ordered the deluxe digital edition. I'm even thinking about picking up one of the new wheels coming out for the ps4. Gotta talk to the wifey first, I can see it being an eyesore in the living room.

I got gold on all the tests on stage 6 with a controller. My left thumb literally has a blister on it.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried to grab it the other day before I left town (was downloading at dialup speed for some reason) so i let it trickle in while away on business until Sat. So, it won't fucking launch when I get home in the morning because it's expired? Fuck me! Was looking forward to trying it.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So yeah... launches, free Subaru gift car, pretty menu but that's it. Evetything else greyed out. 43GB.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'm waiting for it to drop in price. I'm disappointed on how focused it is on online multiplayer and totally neglects having a good single player portion. I love Gran Turismo, but I refuse to pay for PS Plus.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how focused it is on online multiplayer and totally neglects having a good single player portion.

that's a bummer. the single player portions of GTs 2-4 are some of my favorite teenage gaming experiences.

Del

Vyemm Raider
that's a bummer. the single player portions of GTs 2-4 are some of my favorite teenage gaming experiences.
Same. I really enjoyed GT5 a lot as well. I spent dozens of hours just doing the Nurburgring challenges. It's one of the few exclusive franchises that I still care about on Playstation.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
a couple buddies and i were working on a save file trying to get every single car in Gran Turismo 4. we made it to like 800 unique models before we lost interest.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
4 is the last GT I played, and the single player modes with getting your licenses and collecting and modifying your garage was the best part of the series. They really abandoned that to make it a more online MP game?

So the reviews I read are true? They went full retard?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh boy if that's true... I do not hold a PS+ membership and I don't plan to, for the few hours per month that I actually get to play. Not interested in a MP heavy game. I just want my carreer mode like in GT4 and GT5 damnit.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago and got to walk around parts of the Akasaka track. Quite the weird experience to be somewhere that I've spent countless hours driving around in a virtual world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Even in 4K w HDR this game with all of its updates doesn't look like the videos. Still fun, but the controls literally have not changed since GT2 (the controller has, and using the trigger throttle instead of the right stick is more or less the same). The advertisement video of burning down the franchise from collecting vehicles and making it about "competition", fuck that, no one wants to race idiots online, especially if you have to earn an "I'm not a douchebag" rating to get into the races that aren't filled with garbage. They seriously shit the bed with the lack of cars, and customization. For fluffing the top end racing crowd, this hits. For the guy that wants to put a stage 3 turbo on an 87 Corolla, fuck that guy.

The game is the same thing it was 20 years ago. The interface is a little more obnoxious, but it adds a lot of extra bullshit if you care about sultry museum shorts about the history of a type of car or brand, or customizing your helmet and suit that you'll never see...

It also seems like there's a lot "hidden" behind progression. Completing scenarios, matches, races, etc. Seeing a bunch of nearly identical cars behind a 1,000,000+ purchasing prices isn't interesting or exciting.

When you've got Forza (fuck me for buying a PS4) and other, better Arcade and Sim racers, I'm kinna disappointed. I thought this platform would have advanced after 20 years and it literally hasn't. (tho the VR and steering wheel functionality especially appears to be SUBSTANTIALLY better)

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So it doesn't have the crazy collection of cars like past ones? Last one I really played was GT3 i think on the PS2 with a friend but I've kinda wanted to get back into it now that I'm a bit older. That was one thing I kinda liked about GT3, was simply the sheer number of almost random cars you could race with. Like PT Cruisers, VW beetles etc. The kinda cars that make you go "why though? but ok!"

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
It has a pretty big list but I dunno if its crazy, I thought Forza Horizon 3 had a pretty big list of whacky cars and its way more fun to drive them in the outback

GT Sport does have some weird stuff like its rando facts about history it'll put in loading screens or the scapes feature which let you fuck around with basically photoshopping cars on city and nature backgrounds and give you like a photographers wet dream studio and tools to mess around with. It feels very "classy" compared to Forza Horizon which feels like fast and furious. Forza 7 i thought is just a boring ass game with no personality at all.

I really look forward to Forza Horizon 4 announcement at E3 this year, whether its set in Portugal (ok) or Hong Kong (whoah!) or Tokyo (YES!!)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
160 cars base, but really 1/3rd of that or less, given the GT and rally editions of the same cars.

The most random vehicle I encountered was a license test random reward, of a VW bus....

95% of the cars are high end sport cars, super cars and higher. I think I saw an FJ Supra. There's only a very select few of lower end vehicles. No 3000GT.

Tuning vehicles isn't done by "parts" - you've got a sliding scale of power that you unlock with one of the currencies, and weight reduction which is done similarly. You can freely swap wheels based on the race restrictions, as well as ride height, camber, spring rate, and gear ratios without unlocking special transmissions or suspension.

Putting slicks and gearing for high speed and just wall riding around the Nascar track is just as cheese as it always was.