Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy The Definitive Edition releasing 11/11/2021

spronk

FPS noob

Grand The Auto: The Trilogy will release Nov 11th, 2021 for PS5, Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via Rockstar games launcher). A physical release will be available for PS4, xbox, and switch Dec 7th. It will release later in 2022 for android/IOS.

The package includes

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

trailer

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

the last one, GTA San Andreas, will be available on Game Pass on day 1. All 3 will be on PS Now (PS4 edition) on Dec 7th

spronk

FPS noob
i'm pretty excited, I haven't played any of the 3 in years now and I always enjoyed them but don't remember too much. It woulda been cool if all 3 were on gamepass but honestly I'm fine just rebuying it digitally.

not sure whats going on with PC version, obviously its on Rockstars launcher but i don't think that precludes a steam/EGS version.

They have de-listed the older versions from all digital storefronts.

spronk

FPS noob
screenshots

c8a84b0a5078d4cc27fe.jpg

80d6d6b25c7e8b86187a.jpg

5038478f256b924725ac.jpg

6df1f432de5b7eb047dd.jpg

on PC there are mods that make the originals look pretty stunning but with a next gen console this is pretty, pretty good. 60 fps, 4k, HDR, etc

only unknown is the music, i don't think have yet mentioned whether all the tracks are relicensed which is bad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not PS5 level graphics, but they did a decent upgrade to them. They didn't phone it in like a lot of these remasters.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I also do not like how they divided the series across services. One will be on PS Now in December - Another on Gamepass at launch, and Vice City on neither which leads me to believe they licensed the music again for Vice City, and we will get shit for the others.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I also do not like how they divided the series across services. One will be on PS Now in December - Another on Gamepass at launch, and Vice City on neither which leads me to believe they licensed the music again for Vice City, and we will get shit for the others.
To me it looks like they're just giving a taste to different subscriptions to get you to buy the trilogy.

Federal Reserve Inflation GIF by eToro

I'm likely in day 1, but kinda want to see more gameplay. Going from old and jank to almost a claymation style isn't super exciting to me, but some of the screens do look pretty good. I'm reminded a little of my expectations for Warcraft 3 remastered a bit. Hopefully all these QOL details will make the huge difference that's needed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't look anywhere near enough of an upgrade to grab my interest, let alone my money.

• 1Truth!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven’t played these since original on PS2, I’d definitely considering buying this. It really depends on the music though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Beat all 3 of these in the past, not gonna get them again. It'll no doubt sell well with the Member Berries though, the people who remember GTA3 from when they were 9 and will buy this and not play it.

GTA3 - Loved this in 2002 or so, has aged very roughly even with visual upgrades.
Vice City - Finally got to this in 2013, loved it, probably still great. Closest thing we'll ever get to a Miami Vice video game. If one plays any of them it should be this one.
San Andreas - Didn't get to this until like 2015. Liked the music, didn't like anything else about it. Soured me on the series until GTA5 came out and friends got me on board.

Anyway, what I'd really like to see is GTA4 since I missed that one completely and going back to PS3 visuals on an HDTV now is rough. Fun Fact: You can plug a PS5 controller into the PS3 and it instantly makes the system 2x as good, at least.

Wondering if they're saving GTA4 for a full-on Demon's Souls type next-gen visual overhaul.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Sweet, more games we have already played!

hanging episode 9 GIF

I need a new addiction, video games fucking suck nowadays.

Anyone have any thought on heroine or cutting yourself?

• 3Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These remasters always feel like a good idea when you buy them. Then you play for 15 mins, put it down, and never return. That has been my experience anyways.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
These remasters always feel like a good idea when you buy them. Then you play for 15 mins, put it down, and never return. That has been my experience anyways.
Unfortunately as much as I’d like to replay stuff I barely ever make it through a *new* game.

I mean I’ve restarted Witcher 3 like 6 times and never finished it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Replayed San Andreas years back on Nvidia Shield Portable (so mobile version but with built in controller) and still love that game. Grew up in the gangsta rap early 90's California so it's all nostalgia. Will definitely play Sam Andreas once through even though the game play will feel archaic these days. Though to be fair a lot of new games feel like shit too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sweet, more games we have already played!

hanging episode 9 GIF

I need a new addiction, video games fucking suck nowadays.

Anyone have any thought on heroine or cutting yourself?
Mountain Biking, BMX, or motorcross. Damn good times and a huge reason I lost weight.
7E5BAA11-8ECC-466C-8188-028EFAC7D6D5.jpeg

• 3Like