Grand Theft Auto V

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The office had a section I didn't see at first. Whole other floor with a little apartment (that I paid a bit extra for) and the haxing area, and booze and snacks and such. The garage is small but multiple floors, though I still keep most of my cars in my main office.

The Dre stuff has been really fun so far. Everything has been challenging but doable solo. The only problems I've run into so far are:

The office I bought has broken roof doors, so if you use the helipad you have to just bail off the side of the building with a parachute.
Sometimes the important Franklin/Hackergirl in your ear gets drowned out by local noise.

Had a strange mission bit where a guy took off in a chopper and I was supposed to chase / bring it down, but there were no flyers nearby. There were fast cars but we were in twisty road vinewood hills, no way to chase something like that from a car no-matter how fast.

So no problem, I own every flavour of chopper / jet you name it. But since it is a "mission" it won't let you call for any of it. I had to chase the thing across half the world, ended up crashing in a swamp and having to walk for 10+ minutes.

The chopper landed on a boat. No problem! I own a big ass boat, mini sub, giant russian sub etc... nope, can't call for any of it. Had to just roam the coast till I found an abandoned jet ski.

You can't pet Chop!
20211219030614_1.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's also alot of stuff like this. They tell you to expect trouble so I get my armored car with dual miniguns on the top. But I have to drive this guy over there in his crappy suv :emoji_laughing:
20211219124121_1.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
do you have to coop/matchmake the new stuff like the old bank robbery missions or can you do any of the online new Dr Dre dlc solo

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
So I did a run of the Epstein island heist solo as I couldn't get my usual companions interested. There's a part in the beginning where you meet up with a DJ and some friends to board the jet to the island, and Dr. Dre shows up with his entourage.

I thought maybe I had stumbled into the new missions, but it was the old standard island quest. I can't tell if they added that in to give a little background to the new stuff, or if it was always there and I just don't remember. Either way very cool.

I will probably do one more island heist before I do the new stuff. I got about a million from the isle so I could maybe barely afford the cheapest building, but then I'd be broke. I'd rather have a bit of extra just incase it is needed for upgrades or whatever.
So for six months or more I couldn't get through this quest - the initial Cayo setup. My computer would bug out during the camera scene. I watched that fucking cutscene more times that I want to remember. It is also unskippable, FYI. I had already grinded for everything plus 60 mil on the ps4 anyway so I just quit for a while. Well, on a lark I got it to work a couple of weeks ago.

FINALLY, I got through it and can do the actual heist now and can solo grind and I'm sadly addicted again. Up to 17 mil and counting. I'm also redoing RDO on a new PC character...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
do you have to coop/matchmake the new stuff like the old bank robbery missions or can you do any of the online new Dr Dre dlc solo
It does matchmake but you can set it to closed and do it all solo. I finished it today, and it was really fun. I'm sure if you were a Dre fan (and I can't imagine many on this forum) it would be extra special. You get to hear some new material.

I got a million payout for the final, and a thing popped up that said it was repeatable. Not sure if you could just go straight to the final mission and score a million on repeat or what. I'll try it in a bit.

I took some great screenshots but I don't wanna spoil anything :D

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW there are 3 of those bonus missions with Lamar. I thought it was over after the first one. My companion said they stole the idea for the 3rd from a cheech & chong movie :emoji_laughing:

pysek

<Gold Donor>
So I learned you can Bogdon the Cayo heist solo and I am finally a PC gta multimillionaire to go along with my PS4 riches and all's right with the world. If anyone wants to dick around in a lobby or run heists or grind out some fake paper, just let me know. R* has my fuckin number currently.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Also I found a glitch to solo into the basement keycard room so I'm doing about 1.8 million every ten minutes. Feels like a little revenge for how R* buttfucked RDO and then casually mentioned GTA 6 like no one noticed the gunshot round back. I'm gonna go make more fake money without buying shart cards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users