Grand Theft Auto V

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone done 10 levels of Survival? I get to wave 8-9 and literally get one shotted. Great RP/money maker though.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did it last night with 3 randoms. It just a matter of limiting the amount of ways they can get at you. Each map has a couple places to easily sit back and pick them off. The airplane graveyard, there is a building past the fence that has a roof with 4 raised edges you can clean house from there. Was easy, we had 1 death the entire match.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Some out for the PS3 and coming soon for the X360:New Title Update to Address GTA Online Game Progress Loss and Other Issues | Rockstar Games

A new title update to address the reported issues of game progress loss in GTA Online as well as other technical fixes, tweaks and enhancements is now available for PlayStation 3, and we expect it to be available by tomorrow at the latest for Xbox 360. This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure. A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved.

Fixes in this title update include:

• Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
  • Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
  • Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
  • Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
  • Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
  • Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
  • Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
  • Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
  • Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
  • Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
  • Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match

We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue - please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this.

In the meantime, please always remember to save your game before leaving GTA Online, otherwise you may lose any progress since your last save - this can be done by exiting back to Single Player through the pause menu. Until downloading the title update above and in order to minimize the chances of any further data loss, if at any point you receive the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable", please do not either select the "Retry" option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Instead, you should exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode. Please also stay tuned or subscribe to the GTA Online Status Updates article at the Rockstar Support site for the latest word on common known technical issues and fixes.

The Muze_sl

shitlord
I was way early on Violent Duct. One of my buddies found it day 1 and we farmed it for hours even before any videos were out. I was level 30 had my 400k apartment day 2, I owned an Infernus and was saving up for a plane which I had no idea if I could even keep permanently (seeing as how you normally would need a hanger and we weren't sure where to find one). We got all of that busy work out of the way and were just looking to have some fun when I logged on to my character missing. I have no idea if I'll ever get it back and it 100% killed my interest in logging back on. It is really foul this game got away with promoting an online component but not having to be subject to it's broken state in reviews of the game.

SOUR GRAPES!

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
Yeah I lost a 28. Restarted and back up to 33. Fortunately I still had my money. Seems pretty stable so far and is a lot of fun but it was really annoying. Only restarted cause friends are playing or I would of moved on.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are there any missions that are easy to solo for RP? I found a parachuting one that takes 1 minute and gives you 550-600RP each time. No cash though, but it seems like you could rank up fairly fast with it, at least the lower levels (I'm...14?)

WHERE IS THE FUCKING RANCHER XL? I spent 2 god damn hours looking for that son of a bitch last night and every place I've read about on the internets didn't have it anywhere. Airport, up north, weed farm...nowhere. Even tried for a bit this morning at the airport making laps in a chopper and no luck. I bought a 6 car garage last night and I want to start filling that sucker with cool shit.

Also I didn't know NPC's could put bounties on you. I had a guy I carjacked put a 7k bounty on me and 2 minutes later a white dot goes BLASTING past me on the minimap...and then I ate a missile. Then it happened again this morning...pretty sure that's gonna get old fast.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
Hey sorry for bailing on you yesterday. I'll be on tonight and I'm up for whatever. At least if we get a bounty we can just shoot each other for it. Free mode is pretty funny. I've never seen so much rage on mics.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
the best mission was rooftop rumble at 75, 25k cash, 5k exp every 2 minutes literally, including loads, i got to 80 in one day.

there was tons of missions on the way that were awesome, titan of a mission, los santos connection, mixed up with the coke were other good ones to abuse, for 10-20k $$ and 3-5k exp, every 5-10minutes.

with all my resets i would be around rank 150 i think by now, oh wellzZZZ

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
has anyone tried making a playlist of missions? im figuring making a string of missions is going to be the next best way to grind out.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
the best mission was rooftop rumble at 75, 25k cash, 5k exp every 2 minutes literally, including loads, i got to 80 in one day.

there was tons of missions on the way that were awesome, titan of a mission, los santos connection, mixed up with the coke were other good ones to abuse, for 10-20k $$ and 3-5k exp, every 5-10minutes.

with all my resets i would be around rank 150 i think by now, oh wellzZZZ
I'd do that if I wasn't level 15.

I got a bounty this morning before work, and this fucking black dude kept trying to kill me. Every time he'd come for me I would shit in his mouth, and he would fucking curse at me like he was a thug. Finally another guy shows up and gets me low before I kill him, then black dude kills me and says "Got dat Wakandan ass".

I'm at a loss.

Also I'm raiding wow tonight, so GTA will only be to log on and sell a car every hour

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I was pretty meh on this game despite how incredible everything looks and feels. Franklin and Michael kind of felt too much like a rehash of previous characters. But then I got to Trevor and I think that he might possibly be one of the greatest video game characters of all time. Really interesting that Rockstar made one of the characters be even more sadistic than the player could ever hope to be. It feels like every crazy thing that you can think of to do in the game Trevor either has something more insane planned or he has dialogue options ready to go for whatever crazy shit you are having him do. Also Carl from ATHF yelling at Flying Lotus is great. Somehow I hear it every time I get in a car and change the station.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Turned on my PS3 this morning before work to do my morning car sale. Pulled out of my garage out onto the street and I'll be god damned if there wasn't THREE Rancher XL's sitting in a row at the stop light. Also picked me up the Challenger lookalike. I like to collect fun shit...screw supercars!

On a side note:

WHAAAAAAAT?

Grand Theft Auto Online: Half a Million GTA$ Stimulus Package this Month | Rockstar Games

Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week.

'Don't Spend It All in One Place!'

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we've confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we're working on for this fall and beyond.

You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we'll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
When getting serviced orally by a girl while driving, the correct course of action is

A: blast 80s rock power ballad to get her in the mood
b: look for pot holes to increase her pleasure
C: take camera phone pic
D: be sure to wrap your seat belt around her head, for safety

DMV test in game

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was pretty meh on this game despite how incredible everything looks and feels. Franklin and Michael kind of felt too much like a rehash of previous characters. But then I got to Trevor and I think that he might possibly be one of the greatest video game characters of all time. Really interesting that Rockstar made one of the characters be even more sadistic than the player could ever hope to be. It feels like every crazy thing that you can think of to do in the game Trevor either has something more insane planned or he has dialogue options ready to go for whatever crazy shit you are having him do. Also Carl from ATHF yelling at Flying Lotus is great. Somehow I hear it every time I get in a car and change the station.
Trevor is awesome.
Mike's family is what makes Mike awesome.
Franklin is boring as shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Franklin shines best when he's with Lamar. The two personalities mesh well together. Franklin by himself is kinda boring.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
When Franklin's with Mike he's nothing but "Yessum massa Mike sah."
They just didn't have enough character development for him. The entire god damn story was about Michael and Trevor, Franklin was just kind of there. Some random thug from the ghetto meets a rich white dude who threatens to kill him and suddenly it's sensei Michael teaching Frank-san the ways of criminal kung fu. It got too chummy too fast.