Grand Theft Auto VI

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is just Rockstar putting their jogger culture fetish up front.
No one is going to be looking back fondly or with intrigue on zoomer culture like we do with the 80s with its slicked back hair and coke.

• 3Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I guarantee you there will be woke shit in this game.
My hope is that Cyberpunk 2077 has the woke set up with non threatening tech nerd lesbian black woman and soulful saint hispanic who says random spanish words so you remember that they are hispanic...

...but then they fucking die at the end of the tutorial and I'm pretty sure there's no further SJW shit in the game. Thanks Poland.

Will GTA do that? I doubt it, but people like San Andreas, so hopefully it moves past woke shit like that game moves past jog shit.

But actually Cyberpunk 2077 just makes me totally uninterested in a game set in current day. I think it's actually guarenteed that it has worse storytelling tech than Cyberpunk because it's 3rd person so will have boring cutscenes for you to skip. Cyberpunk almost always has you retain control of your character which gives you a sense of agency.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Another thread that might be more entertaining than the topic. I love you guys and these forums. No homo.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ok, the PS5 thing is a good point.

I was in the camp of, "OK let's see what the early reviews and some of the people who get to play early access of the game shows about the game and go from there." to "no way in hell am I buying a PS5/other system for a GTA game if it's even the least bit woke. Especially if it's girlboss main character woke."

PC or bust. Plus maybe the mod community can fix the undesirable aspects?
GTA: Shitlord City Mod

EDIT: It's Current Year Miami so it'd have to be something like GTA: Cuidad de Excremento Jefe Mod

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1701806419737.png

This is obviously a dude taking a photo for the girls Instagram, but why is he holding the phone the wrong way around? He's holding it as if the screen is facing forward, when most camera-boyfriends/simps would be holding it so they can see what's on the screen.

I suppose it's possible that she told him to hold it that way so she can see what she looks like whilst she sticks her head between her legs, but that's debatable.

I have just cancelled my pre order.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wait a second..

You're telling me I have to own a PS5 with it's insane gaming library to play one of the greatest video game franchises of the last 30 years?!?!

Fuck THAT!

• 2Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wait a second..

You're telling me I have to own a PS5 with it's insane gaming library to play one of the greatest video game franchises of the last 30 years?!?!

Fuck THAT!
Fuck controllers. Mouse and KB 4 life.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wait a second..

Fuck THAT!

What is there like one other game on ps5 that I can't get on pc? I bought a ps4 and only played GoW and hzd, I will not be doing that again even if I loved the gta series.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What is there like one other game on ps5 that I can't get on pc? I bought a ps4 and only played GoW and hzd, I will not be doing that again even if I loved the gta series.
Spider Man 2. A lot of JRPGs. God of War: Ragnarok. Ghost of Tsushima. Demon's Souls remake. Gran Turismo.

I mean, there are still plenty of console "exclusives" even if they only stay exclusive for a year or two.

And if the response is, "I'll just wait!"...why can't you do the same with GTA: 6? We all know it's going to get a PC release. It couldn't possibly be because we all just want to sperg out, rage, and overreact to something we have very few details on, right? Surely not...

Additionally, most of the neckbeards here already own a fucking PS5.

• 1WTF

gauze

Molten Core Raider
View attachment 503108

This is obviously a dude taking a photo for the girls Instagram, but why is he holding the phone the wrong way around? He's holding it as if the screen is facing forward, when most camera-boyfriends/simps would be holding it so they can see what's on the screen.

I suppose it's possible that she told him to hold it that way so she can see what she looks like whilst she sticks her head between her legs, but that's debatable.
Could be more of a commentary on IG/Tiktok live and simp culture in one. People who do IG/TT live use a front-facing camera to interact with chat, much like a streamer on pc would.

Lightning Fast
Spider Man 2. A lot of JRPGs. God of War: Ragnarok. Ghost of Tsushima. Demon's Souls remake. Gran Turismo.
Don't care.
Don't care + weeb shit.
Meh.
Eh.
Don't care.
Don't care.

And I don't have a PS5 specifically because I don't care enough about the exclusive games that are for it. If GTA is temporarily an exclusive to PS5, it isn't enough for me to spend the $450 for a PS5 just for that.

And you can dial down the hyperbole in describing the people offering valid criticism here, Captain Edgelord. If I wanted to tear this apart, it'd be pretty fucking easy. I hate about 99.995% of all entertainment products released in the last 10 years, but I don't feel the need to go on about them.

:emoji_arrow_right:🇨🇦😷:emoji_coffin:

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't care.
Don't care + weeb shit.
Meh.
Eh.
Don't care.
Don't care.

And I don't have a PS5 specifically because I don't care enough about the exclusive games that are for it. If GTA is temporarily an exclusive to PS5, it isn't enough for me to spend the $450 for a PS5 just for that.
Cool, sounds like your aren't the target audience. But thank you for letting us know how much everything in life sucks and nothing is fun anymore. I appreciate the emo attitude toward a product we know almost nothing about.

Where was your sperg outrage and "valid criticism" over GTA5 being a console "exclusive" btw? Or why didn't I see any threads that you started on San Andreas when it was a console exclusive? Oh, you weren't captured and demoralized by all the time you spend getting outrage farmed on social media yet? Figures...

• 2WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's not credible to criticize the delayed PC launch model because a console someone may not want as a PC gamer has other good games....

That's not even good trolling.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not credible to criticize the delayed PC launch model because a console someone may not want as a PC gamer has other good games....

That's not even good trolling.
Criticize it all you want. I'm just wondering why the sudden sperg out? Where was it in 2004? 2008? 2013? Did PCs not exist then or did social media not really exist then?

The GTA franchise has been widely regarded as one of the GOATs. San Andreas and 5 were universally loved(4 faced some justified criticism, but still got decent praise). But all of a sudden, we're ULTRA MAD about console exclusivity on a franchise that has always been console exclusive for the first year or two.

I just find it pretty interesting that this, "totally valid and not definitely not influenced by social media" opinion ironically manifests heavily AFTER social media becomes so widespread, while people are constantly being farmed by outrage botfarms and algorithms.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 2 users

Lightning Fast
Cool, sounds like your aren't the target audience. But thank you for letting us know how much everything in life sucks and nothing is fun anymore. I appreciate the emo attitude toward a product we know almost nothing about.

Where was your sperg outrage and "valid criticism" over GTA5 being a console "exclusive" btw? Or why didn't I see any threads that you started on San Andreas when it was a console exclusive? Oh, you weren't captured and demoralized by all the time you spend getting outrage farmed on social media yet? Figures...
Wtf are you even talking about? You having a stroke or something?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I mean, maybe people are extra annoyed as more stupid shit gets repeated in the gaming industry over time and lessons aren't learned? Seems pretty normal. Not sure such a mundane complaint necessitates such a hyperbolic response.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lmao, why doesn't it surprise me that Kirun is some dirty console poor.

• 1Worf