Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Total sensationalism. She probably has had the same grill brush since the day she moved into the house and started using that grill. The metal brushes aren't supposed to be permanent like a cast iron pan, they're disposable items. Treat it like you do a damn sponge you're not going to keep the same sponge for two decades.

If you get really goofy about it, you can buy the silicone ones or whatever the hell, and use them as long as the grill isn't hot but they don't clean near as well as the metal.

Damn it now I'm just going to have to go do my own research because the cooking gadget guru isn't coming through.
foil-ball-picture-id174953040

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I Hate You GIF by Travis

I really am envious. The wife gets home from a work trip complete this evening and I think I'm going to put her to task on making me a delectable dessert this weekend, among other things. She's the one that typically does all the baking.

I can make some desserts like fresh ice cream and bananas Foster, but I can't make cakes from scratch, I have to resort to the box.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I Hate You GIF by Travis

I really am envious. The wife gets home from a work trip complete this evening and I think I'm going to put her to task on making me a delectable dessert this weekend, among other things. She's the one that typically does all the baking.

I can make some desserts like fresh ice cream and bananas Foster, but I can't make cakes from scratch, I have to resort to the box.
Baking is easy. It's all math.

Substitute 1/4 cup of the milk for 1/4 cup juice from canned pineapple, and add 1 tsp vanilla.

We had rib-eye, squash, and baked potato for dinner but that's nothing special.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Baking is easy. It's all math.

Substitute 1/4 cup of the milk for 1/4 cup juice from canned pineapple, and add 1 tsp vanilla.

We had rib-eye, squash, and baked potato for dinner but that's nothing special.
That's why I can't bake because I'm not concise upon my measurements for anything.

I grilled one of those sales steaks this evening. They were cut a little thinner than I prefer but still turned out decent. Frozen steak fries and a little bit of cucumber salad made a nice easy meal.

IMG_20220806_195608197_HDR.jpg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mac and cheese from a box is one of those things I get a feeling of nostalgia for when I see it in the store so I buy it and it sounds good right up until I take the first bite and then I remember that it's actually not very good at all. Won't stop me from buying it again in 6 months though. I have a box in the pantry as I type this.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Soygen Soygen

It's time for Big Ern's Cooking Thread Roulette!

Am I posting garbage? Am I posting something worthwhile? WHO KNOWS?!?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Mac and cheese from a box is one of those things I get a feeling of nostalgia for when I see it in the store so I buy it and it sounds good right up until I take the first bite and then I remember that it's actually not very good at all. Won't stop me from buying it again in 6 months though. I have a box in the pantry as I type this.
Annies White Cheddar is still amazing. That Kraft shit sucks though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Stauffers you faggots.

Long live the king of mac and cheese.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Since this is the cooking thread, if you actually want good mac and cheese, it's not much harder to make than the box version except for grating the cheese. It's been posted here before but it's worth repeating because it's fucking amazing and literally anyone can make it. I've been the hero of many potlucks for bringing this stuff and it's super easy. The cheese sauce is great for nachos also.

Mac-and-Cheese-recipe.jpg

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sodium citrate makes a good cheese sauce out of cheeses you'd otherwise not expect to melt well. The problem I've had is that the leftovers setup really thick.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Soygen Soygen

It's time for Big Ern's Cooking Thread Roulette!

Am I posting garbage? Am I posting something worthwhile? WHO KNOWS?!?

That's the father of Cajun cuisine. He taught Emeril everything he knows. That's back when he had all of his powers being 400 lbs. His cookbooks are great. I never got a chance to eat at his restaurant though.

I guess Justin Wilson would be the other godfather of coon ass cooking. The old videos of his you can find on YouTube are pretty good.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats genius, convert the cheddar cheese into American cheese while making the sauce. I've gotta try it.

American cheese is cheddar cheese, just with added emulsifiers. This is just making mac and cheese with american cheese but with extra steps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
American cheese is cheddar cheese, just with added emulsifiers. This is just making mac and cheese with american cheese but with extra steps.
The point is that you can use a high quality cheddar cheese or something that isn't cheddar at all. Anything that's sold as American cheese is going to be bland and flavorless.

I use this usually...

1022436218.jpg

...and then some fresh grated parmesan to taste but you can use any cheese you like. One warning though, don't use any "pre-grated" cheese. It's covered in corn starch which will make the sauce grainy.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users