Gravy's Cooking Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have a confession bros. I had never eaten cauliflower in my life until yesterday. Made roasted cauliflower with some thyme, garlic, and crushed red pepper. It is probably the best vegetation I have ever eaten. Holy cow.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I really like roasted cauliflower as well. That's weird that you've never eaten cauliflower though!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Cauliflower is one of those things that most people just boil and make terribly. I mean... it's not good if you just steam or boil it, at all. But when you roast it all these flavors come out and it's magical.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like cauliflower indian fried like chicken 65. Its lightly battered and spiced with hot shit. They serve it every fri at my local buffet.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I had never eaten cauliflower in my life until yesterday.
i4z3sVW.gif

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We will cure your super tasting yet! Cauliflower is pretty good stuff as far as vegetables go and it's pretty amazing that you had never tried it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A lot of kids grew up on the boiled-to-shit veggies. Thanks Britain. My experiences with cauliflower have been boiled till (too)soft then drenched in cheese sauce. It's really not surprising that people haven't had some vegetables cooked properly if said vegetable can't also be served raw.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I love me some KK's but I nearly caught the diabetus just from reading the list of ingredients for this.

Krispy Kr?me Br?l?e Recipe

Ingredients:
6 Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts
1 pint half-and-half
1 quart heavy cream
12 egg yolks
1? cups sugar
8 packets Sugar in the Raw

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
A lot of kids grew up on the boiled-to-shit veggies. Thanks Britain. My experiences with cauliflower have been boiled till (too)soft then drenched in cheese sauce. It's really not surprising that people haven't had some vegetables cooked properly if said vegetable can't also be served raw.
This was my experience with almost all vegetables. If it wasn't canned or boiled to shit, or both, I didn't have it as a kid. So I kind of grew up thinking that's what vegetables were. I've come a long way since then but there are still plenty of veggies I haven't really gotten into. I should do better about this.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Made a variation of AB's Fried Chicken last night for family dinner night. Blew the minds of the wife's family. Her Uncle said he didn't know you could make fried chicken at home and was like... what? Why would you not be able to? They are meat and potatoes kind of people, not really big on cooking or eating unfamiliar foods, but that was just so bizarre as a comment. I mention this because I had nice crispy asparagus, broiled with a little bit of meyer lemon zest, nutmeg, and basil olive oil, and they literally did not know what it was. Like they didn't recognize that it was asparagus because they are used to seeing it boiled to shit, they thought it was something else.

And this is why I never eat at their house(s).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_134133.jpg

So here is that chili cauliflour i told you guys about. Lightly battered deep fried. along with some goat curry, chicken tikka masala, and some indo-chinese garlic honey chicken.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
rrr_img_134133.jpg

So here is that chili cauliflour i told you guys about. Lightly battered deep fried. along with some goat curry, chicken tikka masala, and some indo-chinese garlic honey chicken.
From the color I honestly thought that was chicken.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I love me some KK's but I nearly caught the diabetus just from reading the list of ingredients for this.

Krispy Kr?me Br?l?e Recipe

Ingredients:
6 Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts
1 pint half-and-half
1 quart heavy cream
12 egg yolks
1? cups sugar
8 packets Sugar in the Raw
I've never been a fan of KK, not really sure why. Just seems overly-glazy and...nondescript? Can't think of a better word to use at 2am.

The older I get the more I seem to move away from "nothing but glaze" and towards more pastry-like donuts, if that makes any sense. Or even actual pastries. I don't think I'll ever be able to give up the occasional apple fritter, and a good fluffy cruller that is only lightly glazed. But when I look at shit like a cake donut dipped in frosting and topped with crushed oreos...and then covered with icing...it's like some part of my body just wants to shut down completely at the sight of it.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Anyone use Blue Apron?

We got it for two weeks and cancelled. But I like the concept for trying new flavor combinations I wouldn't normally try. Also, it's kind of nice in that you can change whatever you want in their recipes as they just give you raw ingredients. Ex: did a pork roast sous vide instead of sear + oven. The reason we cancelled though is that we tend to eat out during the week and tried Blue Apron as a way to force ourselves to cook on weekdays. But we ended up only cooking a Blue Apron meal once during the two weeks.

Another thing is that it's pretty well portioned out and you're likely not going to have leftovers. Could be a pro or a con depending on your point of view.