Greatest Play Series

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I posted this over in the business section, but figured the sports forum might like to see it as well.

I'm going to be doing a series of videos, through my business, that highlight the best plays from different coach's and player's careers. The first video will feature, Vince Dooley, coach of the 1980 National Championship Bulldogs.

Here's the teaser:

Szlia

Not a huge fan of the 'Gladiator style plants caressing' shots, but I am always a big fan of the 'Dardenne brothers style of following the subject from behind' shots.

That said, the trailer does a good job at making you want to see the whole thing, which is pretty much the point.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Punch your sound guy in the dickhole for making the soundtrack so fucking loud early on. It washes out the inspirational speech part.

Aside from that, it makes me want to give a shit about the actual program, so spot the fuck on.

Also, it inspired me to make a new Sports Forum thread.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not a huge fan of the 'Gladiator style plants caressing' shots, but I am always a big fan of the 'Dardenne brothers style of following the subject from behind' shots.

That said, the trailer does a good job at making you want to see the whole thing, which is pretty much the point.
Thanks for mentioning the Gladiator shot...we definitely failed in that aspect. I'm not really sure how to save it or if we should even use it at this point.

UGA is known for the hedges that surround the field, so I thought it would be a nice little nod to the fans, but I'm not really sure how to get it in there and have it look good at this point.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Punch your sound guy in the dickhole for making the soundtrack so fucking loud early on. It washes out the inspirational speech part.

Aside from that, it makes me want to give a shit about the actual program, so spot the fuck on.

Also, it inspired me to make a new Sports Forum thread.
I can go back and fix the sound for the final, so no big deal there. I'll post the final here before we go live with it to get some feedback on sound etc. if you guys don't mind.

Szlia

UGA is known for the hedges that surround the field, so I thought it would be a nice little nod to the fans, but I'm not really sure how to get it in there and have it look good at this point.
The reference was lost on me, so it might work better with someone more knowledgeable on the subject. I might also be too knowledgeable about film craft for it to work, because when I see it, I imagine the crew asking the coach to do it for the shot, instead of imagining it's something he does naturally. It looks very good, but, in a documentary subject, it looks too manufactured for my taste.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I ran into my first barrier today when trying to get the digital game footage from 1980.

New game footage is actually easy to get rights to, but apparently the folks who own all the old footage like to charge $15,000 per clip, which is obviously ridiculous.

I have a solid connection with the University though, so hopefully I get it worked out.

Szlia

If you have a charismatic interviewee, having him/her retell the play and using still images to illustrate it could be a cheaper and still efficient way of doing things.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If you have a charismatic interviewee, having him/her retell the play and using still images to illustrate it could be a cheaper and still efficient way of doing things.
The majority of human beings look TERRIBLE on camera, just plain awkward. That's why Hollywood gets paid the big bucks. It's harder than it looks.

Plus, I'm not going to put my name on something that can be done in windows movie maker. It doesn't represent the brand well. So, it's either do it the right way or don't do it at all.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
After a couple of months of talking with IMG to get permissions to extra footage, we have finally completed the video. Principle shooting finished up months ago, so the majority of time spent on this thing was purely political.

Check it: