Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Locithon said:
Without knowing anything about the game yet you could say the one thing they have going for them is timing. Besides WAR I can"t think of one major MMO that is in development....and WAR is a bad example because 38 studios game is going to be launched years after WAR. As for MMO"s released around the time of 38"s... if Blizzard started production today on a new MMO it would probably at least be one year behind 38"s game and knowing blizz it would be 2 years. And unless SOE is secretly working on EQ3 I don"t see them in the time window either.

The only other question mark is the unannounced Bioware MMO, so 38 studios potentially has to only worry about 1 major MMO in their launch timeframe.
By all accounts Blizzard is working on a new MMO and has been for sometime. Bioware is working on a new MMO. 38 Studios is working on a new MMO. Hero"s Journey is still in development. Stargate Worlds is coming out. Korea and China are pumping out MMOS (though honestly who cares for the most part). Darkfall Online is coming out.

I"m sure I"ve missed a ton and they could all suck. But whatever.

Edit: And for the record after that last video of them at CES or wtf where they just showed photos of the empty 38 studios space and various cakes -- fuck 38 studios (Sorry CS but come on) until they deliver some solid information about the game.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
tad10 said:
Edit: And for the record after that last video of them at CES or wtf where they just showed photos of the empty 38 studios space and various cakes -- fuck 38 studios (Sorry CS but come on) until they deliver some solid information about the game.
Ya we"re grinding away to earn the respect and loyalty of people like you, making it all worth it.

Maybe it"s just one of those mornings, but my oh my when I read a post written with internet machismo and we all know would never come out of the mouth of said person in a ftf conversation, I laugh in that non-humorous way we all do at times.

Who edits a post for no other reason than to drop an F bomb on someone? Why?

Erumaron

ResetEra Staff Member
Lol at the -internets somebody gave Curt...the whole anon aspect of it gives us our own little taste of 4chan around here.

mutantmagnet_foh

shitlord
Erumaron said:
Lol at the -internets somebody gave Curt...the whole anon aspect of it gives us our own little taste of 4chan around here.
Atleast people in 4chan have technical skills to get their point across instead of waiting around on an admin to give them lame e-powers

This thread should remain dormant until something more topical is worth discussing. Messageboard internet anonymity isn"t one of those relevent things.

Though I"m a bit curious if anyone else believes some players take metagaming to a new level and use official community boards to complete an in game agenda? How successful do you think they can be?

Another thing that has come across my mind now and then is why not a single company tries to pay their moderators to act as filters to new threads and responses irrelevent to a topic?

If cms are meant to collect data having the mods prefilter and consolidating topics they see as useful would create an interesting community/company environment. (I see reasons where this would create both resentment and gratitude depending on a forumgoers perspective)

gnomad_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Ya we"re grinding away to earn the respect and loyalty of people like you, making it all worth it.

Maybe it"s just one of those mornings, but my oh my when I read a post written with internet machismo and we all know would never come out of the mouth of said person in a ftf conversation, I laugh in that non-humorous way we all do at times.

Who edits a post for no other reason than to drop an F bomb on someone? Why?
Great come back Kurt, real class act for the head of a company.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
gnomad said:
Great come back Kurt, real class act for the head of a company.
A CEO that speaks his mind gains +internets anytime. I would trust someone who speaks his mind over someone who bullshits his way through the community anyday.

tad10 said:
You"re going to feel like an idiot for saying this when we ship Easy-Bake Online (EBO), the best massively multiplayer cake-baking game ever created.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tyen said:
A CEO that speaks his mind gains +internets anytime. I would trust someone who speaks his mind over someone who bullshits his way through the community anyday.
Hell, I"d buy his game twice if he took a heaping shit all over posts like that. Three times if he can work in a reference to popular 1980 musical Xanadu.

Kodylan_foh

shitlord
Locithon said:
Without knowing anything about the game yet you could say the one thing they have going for them is timing. Besides WAR I can"t think of one major MMO that is in development....and WAR is a bad example because 38 studios game is going to be launched years after WAR. As for MMO"s released around the time of 38"s... if Blizzard started production today on a new MMO it would probably at least be one year behind 38"s game and knowing blizz it would be 2 years. And unless SOE is secretly working on EQ3 I don"t see them in the time window either.

The only other question mark is the unannounced Bioware MMO, so 38 studios potentially has to only worry about 1 major MMO in their launch timeframe.
Yea uh... except BioWare"s MMO, whatever the Carbine team is making, Red 5 has an MMO in the works, Blizzard"s new MMO, Aion... and probably a few others I can think of. All of them have the potential to be successful games because of either gameplay already there, or the team working on it.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Moorgard Mobhunter said:
You"re going to feel like an idiot for saying this when we ship Easy-Bake Online (EBO), the best massively multiplayer cake-baking game ever created.
38 Studios is going to dominate the female demographic.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Tyen said:
This

mutantmagnet_foh

shitlord
Moorgard Mobhunter said:
If it lacks pvp it will fail....

...So I"ve heard around here.

tyen

<Banned>
Moorgard Mobhunter said:
I should give you -1 internets for you and Shwayd ditching us in Cambridge... Get off your leash.

Cadrid_foh

shitlord
Moorgard Mobhunter said:
Great, then we have to wait 2 years for you to balance everything with the Creepy Crawlers expansion pack...

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ngruk said:

I"m suprised you even bothered to comment on my post but since you did...

Curt you are a big boy. A very big boy. You are CEO of a company that is building an MMO. MMO players are notoriously hot-headed, drunk, irritable, introverted, spastic, occasionally high, and generally some of the meanest people on the net. And we"re also mostly guys (well barring players of those cake and horse themed MMOs) which means that throughout our life we have both given and received a lot of shit.

You must have seen the threads with VG and EQ and EQ2 and even WoW. You must have read some of the venom spewed at Smed or Brad or pick-your-dev or GM or Blizzard CS rep or etc.

You have got to have a thicker skin if you"re going to read these or any boards with regularity.

So I"m certainly not going to apologize for writing what I felt about that presentation. It was completely non-substantive and frankly a little self-congratulatory. Y"all have ever right to sit around and congratulate yourselves on whatever milestones you"ve reached but using that as marketing is frankly a turn off. I would have said the same thing if Bioware had made that kind of presentation. It"s perfectly understandable that you don"t want to release information but it"s better to just follow the rules of fight club and not talk about it until you guys are ready to deliver something substantive.

Finally, as too internet machismo: something we _all_ do now and then right? Aka Pot meet Kettle and etc.

tyen

<Banned>
You have got to have a thicker skin if you"re going to read these or any boards with regularity.
He called out Barry Bonds, Kobe Bryant, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Jose Canseco, and Rafael Palmeiro.

Pretty sure his balls are already lined with some heavy steel to be able to keep up with the FoH crowd. Needs more Schilling posts, the man delivers the truth and isn"t afraid to lay down the law on any person that deserves it.

I don"t know about you but I love when he is active on FoH, just his responses make me want to buy his game because of his personality. I mean fuck, I bought Vanguard. Doesn"t get much worse than that.